Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Its about the principle of the matter. Sure a 6th rounder most likely doesn't amount to much, but this regime is just poor at playing the value game. 

Meanwhile the Cowboys draft room looks like the freaking Death Star.

We are a poverty franchise until Harris takes over.

This is something I had no clue about until the past year or two. I'd always assumed that Snyder was a big spender after those huge free agent forays in decades past, but it seems clear these days (and for how long?) that he hasn't been, at all, for a long time, that it may not be bengals level scrimp and saving, but it's not great at all. 

But yeah, that's basically it, the team does not understand at all how to build a winner in todays NFL beyond the old bromides and truisms about the line which are only partially true these days anyway. This has been a draft bereft of value and totally absent any catalyst caliber picks that could fundamentally change anything, let alone functionally improve core issues. Any improvement's that happen in '23 will be in spite of the team building approach in the draft, not because of it. 

To add to my point about Dan.

Dan made this team a crap hole.  Siberia of the NFL.  It's not a destination spot -- its the opposite.  Losing culture and sleazy culture.

And he's cheap as far as spending.

We are are to hit the UDFA and wonder why other teams are getting the bigger name premium left overs?

Not hard to figure that out.  These guys have options.  And then the kicker is other teams are willing to spend in all likelihood more money than this team to sway those players

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I love some of these highlights where the guy runs uncovered against no resistance.  They had a highlight for Antoine Green and nobody bothers to cover him at all and he jogs off the line to his spot on an out route and catches an easy lob.  They showed some legit stuff highlighting his skills, just didn't know why that one was in there.  lol

The defensive version is the guy being left completely unblocked and having the RB run right into him.

• Like 1

At TE if they go there, I've watched Whitheart and Gindorff, talked about them some on the draft thread

Gindorff is fun as a blocker.  He's add to bring some nasty to the offense.  He's nasty in that he's a mean streak type of player but he's very physical

Whiteheart isn't as physical as Gindorff as a blocker, but really steady, and OK pass catcher.

I wouldn't go TE though unless they see Brayden Willis as a TE, if so Willis would be my guy by a mile

Well, I’m either a hell of a lot smarter than these NFL guys and media or I’m wrong about Ivan Pace because he’s still on the board.

Im guessing it’s the latter. But I’ll pretend it’s the former.

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Well, I’m either a hell of a lot smarter than these NFL guys and media or I’m wrong about Ivan Pace because he’s still on the board.

Yeah, I wonder if there is some off-the-field issue.  It just seems odd that he's still undrafted.  

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

lol, yeah me too.  I'd say every year I got a player or two that am shocked that they go undrafted.  Pace would be that guy for me right now.

Corey Trice would be the runner up.  I wasn't very high on him but I liked him.

Guys that I liked that are still available:  Mitchell, Foresyth, Willis, Luepke -- I figured they are late 6th-7th round and UDFA is on the table.

I know Pace wasn't talked about much as anything more than a 5th rounder so doesn't surprise me him going late -- but if he goes undrafted that's wild to me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HigSkin said:

This is all well and good but if he can't jump the college to nfl chasm, it's immaterial. The Wheel Barrow's full of "Turk" victim's after the first and second cuts in August are littered with "great character guys" and "captains". Get me all of them you can, if they also have NFL level tool kits, athleticism, and ability, if not, it means ---- all.

3 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Pace had  84 tackles, 30 assists, and 64 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 53 total pressures, which included 24 QB hurries, 18 QB hits, and an excellent 11 sacks on the season.

Only consultation for me is I liked Malcom Rodriguez and he was a similar size to Ivan Pace.  The NFL thought "meh: clearly because he didn't go into the 6th.  But he had a good rookie year. 

Just now, seantaylor=god said:

I’m a little surprised Andre Carter from Army is still available. Big body and had some good performances in 2021. 

I was just going to say that I could see Coach Rivera drafting him. He has the Military background and Leadership that he looks for.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Guys that I liked that are still available:  Mitchell, Foresyth, Willis, Luepke -- I figured they are late 6th-7th round and UDFA is on the table.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Tyson Bagent/Ivan Pace are my top guys left.

Bagent Pace Willis and Luepke I am in on.  Forsythe is really good but ya know

# of my guys 🤮

Edited by DWinzit