Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I had Daniels as IOL9 and OT9 with high upside. 

I didn't have him as a tackle.  I ranked him higher than Zavala but I'd have changed that now.  I did my rankings weeks ago.

He's sort of to me the Forbes of the LT-OG position.   I liked what i saw but he was big time undersized for the spot.  If they move him to guard feels like a telling pick that they plan to go heavy zone.

I was a bit over the top in my rankings at the time.  I'd put him in the 5th round. 

Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 12.56.32 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Just now, London Kev said:

Well I wanted a CB and OL in the first two rounds, now I'm seeing double. I don't know the player but like the positions that they've addressed.

Next up, TE, ILB and FB? 

Hoping Kuntz or Pace are there.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He’s very smooth in pass pro.

I never commented on him much because I thought he was going to go in these middle rounds (more likely 5th) and I thought we’d have our OL put together by now. 

But he is smooth as butter in pass pro. Thing is I like him as a run blocker, too. He’s pretty lean, though. Size was my concern. Seems to be a theme.

Agreed. And I hate it. I don't see this working well in our division, at all.

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s possible. I really hate the way we are drafting and building strategically. It just doesn’t maximize potential.

But like I’ve said, I think our scouts and Rivera do a really nice job finding talent and getting it in burgundy, gold and black.

On a positive note, it's much better to get a bunch of guys they really like and fit our scheme one round early than wait, miss out on them and end up with guys you didn't want as much or dont fit your plan but have higher ceilings. 

But I agree at some point we gotta shoot for some real blue chippers and not just lunch pail guys that fit.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Ron Rivera is the guy who doesn't even bother hitting on the 10s at the bar, he zeroes in on the best 5 and is confident from the start she will be going home with him.

Occasionally he finds an 8 or 9 but they arent wearing makeup and a baggy dress. But he smooth talks them and knows that they are hiding something. 

The ones dressed to the nines are on his “pay no mind” list. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Ron Rivera is the guy who doesn't even bother hitting on the 10s at the bar, he zeroes in on the best 5 and is confident from the start she will be going home with him.

Solid, sound strategy for success and true happiness . 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 3