Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

1 minute ago, seantaylor=god said:

I’m really interested in the OTs and pass rushers now. Have to really hit BPA now, at any position.

TE, RB, OT, C/G, DE, S, really anything but CB1. Even a slot corner could be BPA.

I bet we are targeting Bergeron, Mauch, Tippman.

I’d be shocked if Bergeron or Mauch make it to 47. Tippman will be there, but I’m not all that high on Tippman.

Dawand will be intriguing at 47. Character issues are going to be a factor there, though. 

I have a feeling we’re going to take Avila. And I won’t be able to convince myself that’s okay :ols:

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I’d be shocked if Bergeron or Mauch make it to 47. Tippman will be there, but I’m not all that high on Tippman.

Dawand will be intriguing at 47. Character issues are going to be a factor there, though. 

I have a feeling we’re going to take Avila. And I won’t be able to convince myself that’s okay :ols:

I actually don’t mind Avila in the second, depending on who is there. I think he’s a great OG in a weak OG class. I really didn’t want Torrence in the first. Big Thanos is way better, but he must have told the coaches in meetings that he eats babies or something.

Edited by seantaylor=god

4 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Even if Bergeron is gone at 47, there should be plenty of IOL talent to choose from - perhaps Torrence, Schmitz, Tippman, Avila, or Mauch.

Agree. 

That was my point, too.   I think if Bergeron is gone and they have issues with Dawand's character (don't know if they do) then if they are drafting to need -- interior not tackle IMO is the way to go.

• Like 1

Just now, seantaylor=god said:

I actually don’t mind Avila in the second, depending on who is there. I think he’s a great OG in a weak OG class. I really didn’t want Torrence in the first.

I do. I think Avila is overrated as hell and actually not all that good aside from the fact he anchors well. Feet are stuck in the ground and I don’t like how he moves. He has to be a center and there are like 5 centers I like better. 

Id hate Avila. Hate. 

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That guy was stone cold sober and just being an arrogant no it all ass hat. 

Vader should have lifted him into the air with the force and then lopped off his head with his light saber.  

Thought that might have been more messy.  

Don't try and frighten me with your argumentative powers.  Your sad devotion to logic and reason hasn't helped you conjure up accurate draft predictions, nor has it allowed you to...

acch

darth-vader-choke.gif.5bb44bf493b9e12309cf0fb2db7bcfc3.gif

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I think it's a complete over reaction to Forbes on this board, we are nothing if not extreme, LOL.   After giving it some thought.....

First:

Mocks, draftniks, and talking heads are just some of the guides, datapoints, and opinions in this process.  They are not facts or reality.

Second:

The last time people had this type of disagreement or judgement about a player's size was with Devonta Smith.  He's just too small for the NFL, he's gonna get crushed.  Well how did that turn out?  95 catches 1196 yards 7 Touchdowns.  I think as his body matures as a young man, with the NFL strength and conditioning program, this will be an absolute nothing burger from day 1. 

Third:

This Defense has no playmakers, we just got the best playmaker coming out of the draft at CB.  14 Int's  6 TD's  150 Tackles in 3 years. 

Fourth: 

Why draft a corner that cannot play and excel in what we specialize and run for our defense? We run zone some 60% I believe. This dude excels in zone and can hang in man too (as a bonus).  We chose him over some other perceived higher prospects because he can do what we need him to do for US. 

Im in for Forbes and I like the FO's conviction on picking who they feel is best for us. Let's Go Get it!

You make some good points and are talking a lot of sense. But even though I don't watch college football and have never even seen any cut-ups of Forbe's play, I've had six beers and feel confident in saying that it was a reach based on his weight.

It's 2023 and I feel entitled dammit.

• Haha 3

We are going to need more O line to block Philly's front.

Insane how the Eagles keep piling on to their D front.  And we got some on the draft thread who think some of us are dumb as to understanding value because we push the idea of adding a premium third pass rusher to our front.   

Wonder if this makes them consider Darnell Washiington  -- feels like we need a 6th blocker to deal with their front. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We are going to need more O line to block Philly's front.

Insane how the Eagles keep piling on to their D front.  And we got some on the draft thread who think some of us are dumb value wise by pushing the idea of adding a premium third pass rusher to our front.   

Wonder if this makes them consider Darnell Washiington  -- feels like we need a 6th blocker to deal with their front. 

Darnell Washington would be a creative solution