Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I’m okay with it. I don’t love it. I think the player is very, very good. But his size is a real and legit concern that would have prevented me from taking him at 16.

But skill wise? If he was 6-2 205 he’s the best corner in the draft. 

I just hope he holds up.

From the SEC and it's as good as it gets in their conferences.  I think he will, K. 

14 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Point taken but ge was slated in many mocks to go around mid-late 1st to early 2nd.  Prisco is who he is and I like his evals.  This kid can be special.  His jump and anticipation is like that of a CB I've never seen in a long time.  Plus at his plays the game hard. I like the pick.  I was all in on Wright and thought we'd trade down but I am happy with Forbes.  I know Smooty talked Mayhem's and RR's ears off.  LOL.  I hope we jump back up into the late first and grab Harrison.  

I guess to each their own on that.  Prisco to me isn't even a draft guy.  He dabbles in it a little.  But I never cared much for him on any of his football takes.    

As much as I like Harrison -- them trading up in the late first to get him would be the cherry on top for ruining the night for me -- bad enough not trading down to get draft capital (in their defense maybe they couldn't?) to help in a draft IMO that's good in some key spots which we can use help.   But taking that up a notch by trading major capital to get back in the first would be really ruin my mood.

My mood right now isn't down.  I get that he's the new Christmas present so lets fall in love. So I am not trying to take away your giddiness.  

With Forbes, I happened to watch a lot of him especially lately.  So in my mind, right or wrong, I have a strong opinion that isn't swayed much but what name that talking head said.

I see him just like I said earlier in the draft thread.  Good player.  Great ball hawk.  I think his game translates well to zone-off coverage in the pros which fits our defense well.  But I worry about him against the run.  Heck even Smoot who adores him, agreed that he could be a liability against the run.  And I wonder about him against some of the more physical corners especially in our division.

Like I said earlier today if they took him in the late first, I'd love the pick.  But at 16, tough for me to love the value.  But I'll get over it.  :ols:

I don't think he's as good as Witherspoon if he had more meat on his bones.  Witherspoon is the better hip to hip coverage guy compared to Forbes.  But agree I'd take him over Gonzalez if he were 30 pounds heavier -- where he matched Gonzalez's weight.  But he's not.    

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Just now, tmandoug1 said:

Very disappointed.....expected better from the staff. So many other options. Maybe he has high character and can overcome the lucky legs factor. Be interesting to see the first time he runs into Derek Henry......broke knuckle.

Agree with the general sentiment regarding his size. He wasn’t the BPA for me. I’m not sure he was within 10-15 guys on my BPA list for what was left, but I’d have to go and look at my list and figure it out.

But his skills do mean something. Ballhawk ability is one of the most translatable skills from college to the NFL. 

Gotta let it play out.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I guess to each their own on that.  Prisco to me isn't even a draft guy.  He dabbles in it a little.  But I never cared much for him on any of his football takes.    

As much as I like Harrison -- them trading up in the late first to get him would be the cherry on top for ruining the night for me -- bad enough not trading down to get draft capital to help in a draft IMO that's good in some key spots which we can use help.   Trading major capital to get back in the first would be really ruin my mood.

My mood right now isn't down.  I get that he's the new Christmas present so lets fall in love. So I am not trying to take away your giddiness.  

With Forbes, I happened to watch a lot of them especially lately.  So in my mind, right or wrong, I have a strong opinion that isn't swayed much but what name that talking head said.

I see him just like I said earlier in the draft thread.  Good player.  Great ball hawk.  I think his game translates well to zone-off coverage in the pros which fits our defense well.  But I worry about him against the run.  Heck even Smoot who adores him, agreed that he could be a liability against the run.  And I wonder about him against some of the more physical corners especially in our division.

Like I said earlier today if they took him in the late first, I'd love the pick.  But at 16, tough for me to love the value.  But I'll get over it.  :ols:

I don't think he's as good as Witherspoon if he had more meet on his bones.  Witherspoon is the better hip to hip coverage guy compared to Forbes.  But agree I'd take him over Gonzalex if he were 30 pounds heavier -- where he matched Gonzalez's weight.  But he's not.    

Sheehan was begging for Forbes according to his tweets.

Just now, KDawg said:

Agree with the general sentiment regarding his size. He wasn’t the BPA for me. I’m not sure he was within 10-15 guys on my BPA list for what was left, but I’d have to go and look at my list and figure it out.

But his skills do mean something. Ballhawk ability is one of the most translatable skills from college to the NFL. 

Gotta let it play out.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......I won't and you can't make me...this was a fail. Be safe and good night.