Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

He found Fassel, who wanted the job and reportedly was pissed when it seemed Snyder pulled back on giving it to him.

Yeah, he found a bad coach the fans revolted against who didn't have a job and wasn't getting another one, backed out and hired Jim Zorn.

2 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I believe he pulled back because Cerrato heard on the radio about the choice of Fassel being absolutely trashed by the fanbase...as well it should have been, but Fassel would have been better than Zorn.

A comatose donkey would have been better than Zorn lol...

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, he found a bad coach the fans revolted against who didn't have a job and wasn't getting another one, backed out and hired Jim Zorn.

A bad coach who went to the Super Bowl, which was better than any of our other bad coaches had done (until present, anyway lol)...

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I would love it if Gibbs lost his cool just once and launched into a profanity-laced tirade about Snyder.

Found a nugget you might enjoy reading 😉 Here

“Roasting Joe Gibbs is kind of like roasting Jesus in the Holy Land,” said Jeff Bostic.

“It’s hard to imagine a coach not swearing,” Williams said.

“Joe used to talk about ‘[when] that guy comes out there, stick his buns, stick his buns!!” Riggins recalled.

• Haha 5

Just finished the presser. Had little interest in Wright (who looks like he’d smile and applaud anyone if it meant keeping his job) and Ron (who seemed a little awkward or something) but real positive vibes from the others.

Harris - I’ve seen the comments that he’s known to be more comfortable behind-the-scenes than front and centre, and I felt you could see that early going. As it went on, however, he appeared more comfortable and even seemed to prefer the journo questions rather than reading from a script.

Rales - Seems a natural speaker who wasn’t overawed and came across like it genuinely matters to him. From memory he used the term “ignite the fan base” which IMO is the kind of term that resonates.

Magic - Clearly an emotional guy who has a real aura about him. Encouraging the standing ovation was a little much for me and I think that’s definitely a US thing (sorry to you all 🤣), but he knows how to rally folk and that’s important.

Beyond that the team name and stadium issues were obviously big topics for the journos as both came up more than once and I imagine will continue to going forward.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

I am actually glad it's not Bezos now. Harris, Rales and Magic are all top notch. I'm pumped.

so for the record you are no longer worried that Harris is buying our DC team to purposely tank it in order to help the Eagles and ingratiate himself further with PHI fans since he’s the PHI 76ers owner? what a turnaround for you, you had really gone off the deep end for a few weeks lol 

Edited by Conn
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18

1 hour ago, Conn said:

so for the record you are no longer worried that Harris is buying our DC team to purposely tank it in order to help the Eagles and ingratiate himself further with PHI fans since he’s the PHI 76ers owner? what a turnaround for you, you had really gone off the deep end for a few weeks lol 

Yep, If I and you among others here can get all that time back from defending Harris for those barrage of attacks.  :ols:

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Starry Plough said:

Just finished the presser. Had little interest in Wright (who looks like he’d smile and applaud anyone if it meant keeping his job) and Ron (who seemed a little awkward or something) but real positive vibes from the others.

Harris - I’ve seen the comments that he’s known to be more comfortable behind-the-scenes than front and centre, and I felt you could see that early going. As it went on, however, he appeared more comfortable and even seemed to prefer the journo questions rather than reading from a script.

Rales - Seems a natural speaker who wasn’t overawed and came across like it genuinely matters to him. From memory he used the term “ignite the fan base” which IMO is the kind of term that resonates.

Magic - Clearly an emotional guy who has a real aura about him. Encouraging the standing ovation was a little much for me and I think that’s definitely a US thing (sorry to you all 🤣), but he knows how to rally folk and that’s important.

Beyond that the team name and stadium issues were obviously big topics for the journos as both came up more than once and I imagine will continue to going forward.

I watched the whole thing, too.  Harris deflected the branding questions.  He was good I thought but agree Rales looked more comfortable.

Magic was good.  The vibe Ron gave to me is almost like he wasn't sure he belonged on that stage with that group.  Maybe he wanted to purposely come off a bit toned down because it was Harris' day.  Ron was OK but I've seen him speak a zillion times, and he seemed a bit off his game energy wise.   But maybe i am reading too much into it.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Heard Theismann on with the Junkies this morning. I'm gonna miss Joe squirming trying to be diplomatic and downplaying his relationship with Snyder every time it gets brought up.  Gotta be tough when you're beloved and your homie's a despised scumbag.  lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Heard Theismann on with the Junkies this morning. I'm gonna miss Joe squirming trying to be diplomatic and downplaying his relationship with Snyder every time it gets brought up.  Gotta be tough when you're beloved and your homie's a despised scumbag.  lol

I haven't seen him there today.  He might not have been invited.  Which would be very interesting and very telling....

• Like 2

Just now, Conn said:

I could do without hearing from Theismann for a decade or so. Check back in then and see how we’re doing, man. 

What's a pity is he was GREAT with Mike Patrick and Paul McGruire in the Sunday Night booth on ESPN from the late 1980's through the 1990's.  The chemistry they had was outstanding.  It was probably the best booth out there at the time.

I'll never forget, they would do a hit from the Sunday Night game during Prime Time, and often it was Berman who would throw to Theismann and then have a short conversation with him.  For some reason, one week it was a VERY young Stuart Scott.(RIP) Just getting his feet wet.  And he said something (I honestly don't remember what) in some form of slang/whatever, and Joe replied, laughing, "Stu, I have no idea what you just said."  And both laughed.  

God I miss Stu.  

When he was on anything other than the Sunday Night broadcast with Patrick and McGuire, he just never stopped talking and was absolutely annoying.  His blatant homerism was rivaled only by Larry Micahel (no S, just Larry Michael.)  And his willingness to shill for Snyder at every turn was off-putting.  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

I merely pointed out a range of options that were possible not probable. Plus the entertainment value in the offseason was priceless. You're welcome!

I’m kind of amazed at how this sale has affected me. I had been blase’ about the team. Not really paying a whole lot of attention to anything. I really had minimal interest in training camp.

Now, all of a sudden, I’m pumped up. I’m all in. I’m scouring Twitter, reading this forum and I’m back into all the podcasts. I did not anticipate that I’d be moved at all by the sale, but here I am. 

I feel hope. Beyond the hope that I normally talk myself into for a new season. 

I feel like a new stadium actually is gonna happen. The best people to guide the team direction actually will be hired and their decisions actually will be carried out. 

I feel real optimism right now and hot damn I did not see that coming. 

• Like 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

I mentioned this is another thread.  When Grant was talking to Jay Gruden on air yesterday they had a conversation about the facilities.  Grant said Shanny told him they used to take FAs right out to dinner without bringing them to the facility because they knew that the facility would hurt the courting process.  Shanny telling Grant for those players who saw the facility he felt that they'd have to throw more money in the deal.  Jay concurred with that.

Harris talked several times about investing in this team.  Doing the extra things, investment wise to give ths team an edge.  That's his reputation but it was cool to hear him emphasize that today.  Dan was a train wreck in this department. Penny wise -- pound foolish.  As Keim loved to remind in his podcasts this year -- Bruce Allen had a heavy hand in the culture of not investing and being cheap with just about everything.  

It should be night and day. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2