Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I go back and forth.  Either could be true.  

I think Wright hangs around for a while, even if you have his replacement in mind.

Removing you head business guy a month b4 the season can cause problems in the same way removing a coach late in the cycle can derail a team on the football side.

All the plans and pathways for the year are likely already laid out. Blowing that up could lead to an even bigger mess.

Not enough time to make big changes this year. Might as well push to next season.

• Sad 1

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2023/06/22/harris-group-will-get-half-a-billion-dollars-of-tax-deductions-from-buying-washington-commanders/?sh=410cffb46de4

The pending $6 billion purchase of the Washington Commanders by a group led by Josh Harris could come with hundreds of millions of dollars in tax deductions.

When a business is acquired, U.S. tax law requires that the intangible assets are amortizable for tax purposes under Sec. 197(a) “ratably over 15 years, beginning in the month of acquisition, regardless of the useful or legal life of the underlying assets.” For the purchase of a sports team, typically at least 80% of the price is allocated to intangible assets. For the sale of the Commanders, this would mean at least $4.8 billion could be written off (deducted from earnings) over 15 years.

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Less than a month folks, hell yeah 

So in practical terms when can we expect the Harris group to have "ownership" and be able to officially take over? I cant imagine July 20 being when they can actually implement anything.

3 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

So in practical terms when can we expect the Harris group to have "ownership" and be able to officially take over? I cant imagine July 20 being when they can actually implement anything.

I might be wrong here. But once that votes happens and it passes. That is it Harris is officially the owner. Now how long will it take him to make changes, I would say not until after the this season. I am sure they will have some sort of ceremony week 1 at fedex

11 minutes ago, just654 said:

I might be wrong here. But once that votes happens and it passes. That is it Harris is officially the owner. Now how long will it take him to make changes, I would say not until after the this season. I am sure they will have some sort of ceremony week 1 at fedex

Guess Im looking for when is the presser where he says "this club belongs to me"!

20 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Guess Im looking for when is the presser where he says "this club belongs to me"!

I would guess a presser would come mere days after the ratification. So assuming that happens on the 20th, not long after 

17 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I could be wrong.  But just from @Est.1974’a post, it feels more like an accounting exercise rather than cash to spend….

It's an expense they can offset against profits to lower taxes owed. So the organization gets to keep more of the profits.

• Like 1