Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

4 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I see Junks had Lovero on today and he said he thinks Jacoby will be day 1 starter. Ron has to win games and he feels Ron will Go with the qb best prepared, a veteran qb over what would really be a rookie season for Sam.

Lovero is basically the throw the opposite thing at the wall and see if it happens.  Given the ridiculous management over the last 25 years, he’s been right more than he should have been.  

He’s on my list of know nothing rabble rousing click bating useless overstayed their welcome self important for no reason media jackasses.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Who has the nearest college stadium? 

Maryland.  That’s not going to work.  Navy is not going to work either.  Both are reasonably close but not NFL stadiums. (Not that FedEx is, but that is the home stadium.)

UVA is not going to work and VaTech is too far away.  

There isn’t a stadium in Richmond.  

Mason doesn’t have a football stadium.  

Maybe they could play at whatever the Raven’s stadium is called?  Berman used to refer to it as “the big crab cake.”  I jest.  

I don’t think they could play at Nats park.  And Audi field is too small.  

They could play arena football on capitolOne….

There just aren’t any nearby fun venues I can think of.  

Except RFK, but that place is condemned.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I thinks we see an extension almost straight away on the FedEx site deal from say 27 to 29 with an added option for a further 2 years, that gets them covered to 31.

Cant see them spending what potentially looks like 200mill on refurbishments to be out in 27. 

Probably drop FedEx instantly too. 

7 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Actually the feds control that land and if they don’t give DC control, then they can’t do a thing.

I think there will be an honest attempt to get the stadium in DC at the RFK site but it won’t happen and either VA or MD will land the stadium.

Oh, no doubt. I'm aware of the fed dimension, but was just alluding to how certain council members have been opposed to the RFK Stadium site being used.

11 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If Jets the didn’t want national attention, then they shouldn’t have traded for Aaron. As long as Aaron is there , the eyes will

be on them. The expectation is a SuperBowl title before Aaron retires.

The Jets aren't alone in not wanting Hard Knocks.  Washington famously for years didn't want it either.  ditto some other teams.  A lof of coaches don't want it.  Rivera has suggested in the past he doesn't want it.  But clearly either he or others above him changed their minds.

With Hard Knocks, its not unusual for some teams to not want that extra scrutiny.  In the Jets case, they are already 2nd in the league in attendance.  They already have 6 prime time games next season.  They already have a superstar player that brings them extra attention.  The idea that they wouldn't want even more attention and scrutiny doesn't seem that crazy.

Whereas this team which doesn't have a Sunday-Monday prime time game -- and the national media spoofs this team as perhaps the most irrelevant team in the NFL -- these days apparently they will take whatever crumbs they could take on that front.  I don't blame them, I would too.  

9 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

Who has the nearest college stadium? 

I was in college at the University of Illinois for the season the Bears played there.  It was... interesting.

Pros:

- Being bored on a Sunday morning and grabbing a $20 ticket from a scalper 5 minutes after kickoff

Cons:

- Random 50-year-old men roaming campus drunk. Although I'm at an age that this could actually be me now, so maybe I should revisit.

- The Bears didn't play us that year

- Campus life sucked on Bears' home weekends

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Conn said:

Looks like in the estimations they’re making they’re cutting up stadium expenses into categories—that bigger 100M+ number was for structural updates and maintenance to the stadium and the ~88M seems more like luxury/quality of life updates that effect player and fan gameday experience. I could be misinterpreting but that’s how I took those two separate numbers. 

FWIW and in that same vein -

On Craig Hoffman's recent podcast he reference that the naming rights from FEDEX originally paid $7 mil a year which under new ownership they are allowed to renegotiate. Given the big business money around DC, he read that could conservatively be $30+ mil with expectations to be huge.  That alone could pay almost half of the upgrades to FEDEX.

Edited by HigSkin

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

Harris is a part owner of the Steelers right?  Do they make him sell his stake there or can you be part owners in 2 different franchises?   That doesn't sound right to me.  

No, he has to sell his stake in the steelers.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

FWIW and in that same vein -

On Craig Hoffman's recent podcast he reference that the naming rights from FEDEX originally paid $7 mil a year which under new ownership they are allowed to renegotiate. Given the big business money around DC, he read that could conservatively be $30+ mil with expectations to be huge.  That alone could pay almost half of the upgrades to FEDEX.

If they were to get a new sponsor for FedEx. I imagine that comes with an agreement to have their name on a new Stadium later on. 

Ben's Chili Bowl Field 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

If they were to get a new sponsor for FedEx. I imagine that comes with an agreement to have their name on a new Stadium later on. 

Ben's Chili Bowl Field 

It’ll come with the agreement to have their name on the current to-be-renovated stadium lol, not a future stadium. They’re literally be paying for current naming rights, we won’t be FedEx Field anymore. The future stadium will probably have a whole bidding battle for another new sponsor when the time comes. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Force on them an education and force on them the ability to critically think.  Then you can sit back and take pride in them when they make the correct decision.

...and if they don't and choose to root for the eagles, disown them and try again.

Nah **** that, they'll suffer through being a fan like their dad and like it!!!!!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Conn said:

It’ll come with the agreement to have their name on the current to-be-renovated stadium lol, not a future stadium. They’re literally be paying for current naming rights, we won’t be FedEx Field anymore. The future stadium will probably have a whole bidding battle for another new sponsor when the time comes. 

That's a good pitch. Someone sponsor this dying husk that we're going to gussy up for a few years. Oh, you want talk now about having your brand on future stadium? Nah. That's a who new process. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Lovero is basically the throw the opposite thing at the wall and see if it happens.  Given the ridiculous management over the last 25 years, he’s been right more than he should have been.  

He’s on my list of know nothing rabble rousing click bating useless overstayed their welcome self important for no reason media jackasses.  

You 100% nailed this. That's EXACTLY what he does!

21 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

That's a good pitch. Someone sponsor this dying husk that we're going to gussy up for a few years. Oh, you want talk now about having your brand on future stadium? Nah. That's a who new process. 

Yeah, you’ve pretty much laid out exactly what will happen lol. 

There won’t be a deal put in place for a mystery stadium that’s 6-10 years away in an unknown location. It’ll just be a deal for the current improved stadium, to no longer be FedEx Field.  

12 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What fun locations in the area could support an NFL game?  Langley High School Saxon’s stadium?

They aren’t investing $100 million in FedEx, selling the suites and club level seats on multi year contracts which are  not shared revenue to play at a temporary site for 4 years and lose all that revenue. They will simply extend the lease. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1