Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

Actually, I don't want the focus to be on the fans that left.  Now that Dan is gone, many of those will come back anyway.

If Josh is to be successful and make a return on his investment, he needs to build a winning organization and get those younger fans.  We have a generation, maybe two that only knows the Redskins/WFT/Commanders as losers.  Josh needs to get those people to become fans or else he's ****ed when the older fanbase dies off.

Now that Rick has given you 2 minutes, it's official.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Haha 1

Been on this site since I was 16 years old. 2009. Started watching games when I was 5 years old. Pain and suffering. Mostly because of him. 

And it’s over. I don’t have to think about him again. We’re a normal franchise.

I love you guys. I love this team. Let’s get behind the team this season. Every Sunday. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Wait wait wait!   We haven’t given Rick Snider his 2 minutes yet! It’s not official until he tells us what everybody else has told us!!!!

(I’m sure he posted it.  I’m not going to look for it.)

i already posted it.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

Let the name of Dan Snyder be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument of Washington DC. Let the name of Dan Snyder be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of men for all time.

So it shall be written. So it shall be done.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Let the name of Dan Snyder be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument of Washington DC. Let the name of Moses be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of men for all time.

So it shall be written. So it shall be done.

I wouldn't shut him out completely. I think it would be highly appropriate to name and dedicate the restrooms in the new stadium in his memory. Each one, both ladies and gents called "Dan Snyder Memorial Restroom".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The reality of this moment hasn’t really hit me.  I honestly never thought I would see this day.  Life truly is full of surprises.

In the end, I am very happy to see him gone, and I hope this will be a catalyst for returning this franchise to what it once was.  Feeling nothing but grateful, so I will give the Snyder’s grace as well and simply wish them well personally and professionally in the years to come.  Maybe if Dan reflects on his ownership here he will learn from his mistakes and somebody else will benefit.

A great day indeed 🥃 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

If only he'd said that when Snyder was still running the team.

This has kind of already been addressed, but I will just add that Gibbs stayed true to who HE is with Snyder.  I've never seen or heard the man publicly criticize ANYONE

Joe Gibbs is a man of principle and high moral character and those are the most direct reasons for his success across multiple disciplines...not just the NFL.  Personally, I hope he has a significant role within the organization moving forward.  His coaching days are definitely behind him, but there are multiple ways this organization can still use a man of his caliber who genuinely cares for the team and its fans.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

This has kind of already been addressed, but I will just add that Gibbs stayed true to who HE is with Snyder.  I've never seen or heard the man publicly criticize ANYONE

Joe Gibbs is a man of principle and high moral character and those are the most direct reasons for his success across multiple disciplines...not just the NFL.  Personally, I hope he has a significant role within the organization moving forward.  His coaching days are definitely behind him, but there are multiple ways this organization can still use a man of his caliber who genuinely cares for the team and its fans.

Actually, Gibbs disappointed me with how he handled things with Farquaad. Sometimes, staying silent isn’t being above the fray, it’s tacit approval, even if that’s not really what you intended. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

There's now this teensie weensie tiny little part of me that wants the 76ers to win on Sunday and I hate myself for it.

Why? A Celtics loss is always a good thing, but especially so in a playoffs elimination game.

• Like 1