Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

My god

This drama filled page is still going?

image.gif.d43d8cfea3a71704c850f49e66d9dd9c.gif

I guess we will get to see what Season 26, Episode 1 is like in three days.

Such a cliffhanger in the last season with Dan declaring that he’s no longer producing  the show afrer running it into the ground. 🥳 Been waiting for his arse to get off the show. 

Edited by ClaytoAli

10 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Oof. This guy sounds so awkward...

Weird how the people that don't appear to be the "legit front runners" are giving interviews yet Harris (far as I know) hasn't said a peep. Wonder what the NDA's prohibit?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Weird how the people that don't appear to be the "legit front runners" are giving interviews yet Harris (far as I know) hasn't said a peep. Wonder what the NDA's prohibit?

Harris has a high level of sophistication dealing with the press, having started Apollo and having been in NY for 30+ years. He and his group have been periodically leaking info to the press such as Rales and Magic joining his bid. Rales also has Howard Gutman speaking on his behalf to the local media

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I'm confused, so is he saying that it is legit or Steveacroplis is not legit?

He questions that he's legit.  But Steve A and Dan's camp say he's legit -- but clearly both have a vested interest.

the more I digest about Josh Harris and this team the more I love it.

Steve A to me "meh" based on current information.  Not a joke like Brian Davis but IMO there is a least potential he's a crappy owner.  Granted no one will be as bad as Dan -- so I'd reluctantly even celebrate him.

I walked into my house this morning and my wife was watching Steven A on CNBC so I caught most of it live.  The dude doesn't have much personality, that part was clear.  But him referencing being a real estate guy, liking the DC market, and talked about how football valuations will only grow -- comes off to me profile wise as a dude likely interested in this purely for making money.  His net worth would put him in the bottom half of the league as far as net worth of NFL owners.

I am rooting hard against Steve A.  But I'll couch it that I don't know much about him -- but as far as his profile, my level of inspiration of having a Canadian who isn't as rich as the typical owner, who has never owned a sports team -- who talks about it as an investment.  For the moment big time "meh" from me. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What makes you dig Steve A aside from all the Bezos-Harris debate in the previous thread which I gather doesn't give you the warm and fuzzies about Harris?

These two are basically tied in my mind tbh. I'm leaning towards Steve A because he would only have to concentrate on one team. We have way too many things that need fixing up so my preference is for someone who will zone in on fixing up our mess.

Edited by spjunkies

Forgot who said it, but it was someone credible -- Keim, Standig or WP and they said they know one of the bidders doesn't want DC because they want the real estate opportunity to turn an area into a profitable development area.  It came out soon after that dude wasn't Josh Harris.  Harris wasn't DC. I thought maybe Davis, but these guys don't take Davis seriously as a bidder so guessing that dude is Steven A.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He questions that he's legit.  But Steve A and Dan's camp say he's legit -- but clearly both have a vested interest.

the more I digest about Josh Harris and this team the more I love it.

Steve A to me "meh" based on current information.  Not a joke like Brian Davis but IMO there is a least potential he's a crappy owner.  Granted no one will be as bad as Dan -- so I'd reluctantly even celebrate him.

I walked into my house this morning and my wife was watching Steven A on CNBC so I caught most of it live.  The dude doesn't have much personality, that part was clear.  But him referencing being a real estate guy, liking the DC market, and talked about how football valuations will only grow -- comes off to me profile wise as a dude likely interested in this purely for making money.  His net worth would put him in the bottom half of the league as far as net worth of NFL owners.

I am rooting hard against Steve A.  But I'll couch it that I don't know much about him -- but as far as his profile, my level of inspiration of having a Canadian who isn't as rich as the typical owner, who has never owned a sports team -- who talks about it as an investment.  For the moment big time "meh" from me. 

My feelings echo this nearly verbatim except when I walked into your house your wife was REAL mad so I immediately apologized and left.

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

These two are basically tied in my mind tbh. I'm leaning towards Steve A because he would only have to concentrate on one team. We have way too many things that need fixing up so my precedence is for someone who will zone in on fixing up our mess.

I would agree only if he was buying other sports franchises at the same time. He's owned the 76'er and Devils for some time and has people in place to run them. I think he will put a top notch team in place for Washington over time and we will see how a professional team is supposed to be run. I'm not saying he won't make any mistakes along the way because he's human, but I think there is less risk with the Harris group.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

For some strange reason I wouldn't mind this Canadian bloke. He's probably not getting the team, but I'm not going to be disappointed if he pulls off the upset 🤷‍♂️.

It’s a psychological thing, you already got so used to seeking out negativity about Harris bc you were extremely invested in Bezos—so now it’s harder to turn that off with Harris and the blank slate of Steve A the Canadian is tempting for you. Clean psychological slate for you, it’s only natural. But rationally, there’s zero reason to prefer him over Harris imo, we know nothing about the guy and mostly positives about the Harris group. So the Canadian is just a safe place to project your hopes onto, imo. You’ll get past it as more info comes out I think.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

These two are basically tied in my mind tbh. I'm leaning towards Steve A because he would only have to concentrate on one team. We have way too many things that need fixing up so my precedence is for someone who will zone in on fixing up our mess.

Harris knows his way around running teams.  He'd be far from the only owner with multiple franchises.

I doubt this team, the one he grew up rooting for gets short shrift.  Plus from what I heard Rales would be very involved in helping run things -- who is another dude who grew up rooting for the team and knows the past and what's happened here.  Passion for the product to me is a plus.  I know Dan was a fan but that's not why he sucked -- he sucked because he was a douche and incompetent and would interfere.  Harris doesn't interfere.  His reputation is get the best GM and coach and stay out of their way.

Steven A has about half of Harris net worth.  He's never run a sports team.  The way he's been trying to throw money around in recent months to try to buy a basketball team, football, and if I recall Canadian soccer team -- and the way he talks about real estate and how owning an NFL team is a good investment -- at least superficially, he comes off as an inexperienced owner who is looking at this maybe purely from a money making endeavor. 

I'll give a disclaimer that I could be dead wrong.  No way to know someone's motivation from afar.  There might be more to Steven A than meets the eye so on the off chance he buys the team, I'll keep an open mind if we learn more -- but purely from a superifical standpoint he comes off to me super uninspiring. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Harris knows his way around running teams.  He'd be far from the only owner with multiple frachises.

I doubt this team, the one he grew up rooting for gets short shrift.  Plus from what I heard Rales would be very involved in helping run things -- who is another dude who grew up rooting for the team and knows the past and what's happened here.  Passion for the product to me is a plus.  I know Dan was a fan but that's not why he sucked -- he sucked because he was a douche and incompetent and would interfere.  Harris doesn't interfere.  His reputation is get the best GM and coach and stay out of their way.

Steven A has about half of Harris net worth.  He's never run a sports team.  The way he's been throwing money around in recent months to try to buy a basketball team, football, and if I recall Canadian soccer team -- and the way he talks about real estate and how owning an NFL team is a good investment -- at least superficially, he comes off as an inexperienced owner who is looking at this maybe purely from a money making endeavor. 

I'll give a disclaimer that I could be dead wrong.  No way to know someone's motivation from afar.  There might be more to Steven A than meets the eye so on the off chance he buys the team, I'll keep an open mind if we learn more -- but purely from a superifical standpoint he comes off to be super uninspiring. 

Honestly, Snyder being from the area has soured me on that idea also, probably not fair, but I'd be lying if I said that didn't play a role in my bias against him, blame Dan.

Right now I'm at

50% Steve Canada 

40% Harris

10% I wake from this nightmare to find out Amazon Bezos actually makes a last minute bid

Harris and the Canadian are subject to switch positions in my mind day to day.

Edited by spjunkies