Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

3 hours ago, srtman04 said:

Dan Snyder back in 1999:  "The #1 Priority is Winning, and that's what we are gonna do!"   -  2022:  LOLOLOLOLOLOL  🤣

Snyder won. What was the annualized return on the investment?  Plus, how about the cash flows over the years? Now, what club is he going to buy over in England and repeat this scam?

1 minute ago, Darth Tater said:

Snyder won. What was the annualized return on the investment?  Plus, how about the cash flows over the years? Now, what club is he going to buy over in England and repeat this scam?

Not if the mountain of litigation against him either financially drains him or he's sent to prison, or stay exiled in a foreign country.   Needless to say, we all win if he sells the team...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, srtman04 said:

Not if the mountain of litigation against him either financially drains him or he's sent to prison, or stay exiled in a foreign country.   Needless to say, we all win if he sells the team...

Dan is not going to prison if the NFL can stop it because, if he does, so are a few people in the NFL front office.  Remember, most of his actions that are subject to imprisonment could only be accomplished with the knowing assistance of the NFL. There is at least one more that would mean the league and the NFLPA leadership were embarrassingly and grossly incompetent if they weren't in collusion. Much of the litigation also is a problem for the NFL as they would also be defendants. Further, Dan's history seems to indicate that fighting such battles is his idea of fun, especially when he gets to bully his accusers again. Finally, be careful of the devil you don't know.

11 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Im picturing the scene from the Wolf of Wall Street where the one family straps bundles of cash to themselves on their way to Switzerland.

3FEg.gif

Yeah, it's going to be Harris and more I hear about him, definitely getting excited. It seems like it's just crossing the i's and dotting the t's, and the Reign of Terror is done with.

And there was much rejoicing.

Edited by PigskinRedskin
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, PigskinRedskin said:

3FEg.gif

Yeah, it's going to be Harris and more I hear about him, definitely getting excited. It seems like it's just crossing the i's and dotting the t's, and the Reign of Terror is done with.

And there was much rejoicing.

I absolutely loved that movie, but I  completely forgot that scene.

The one scene I'll never forget because it was a reminder of my gloriously misspent youth was the magnificent gift from heaven (or the other place) we simply called Ludes or Lemmon 7's (Quaaludes for the uninitiated).

Mix it with the alcoholic beverage du jour and every man instantly became a young studly Sean Connery and every woman turned into an itch'n for a good fix'n vixen like Raquel Welch.

At least until the morning came and you both stared into each other's eyes and she saw three stooges Moe and you saw a Janet Reno lookalike!

Ahhh those were the daze...

• Haha 1

The Brian Davis thing is a nothing-burger. He's a huckster and a charlatan, the bid isn't real, and the only reason you're even hearing about it is because he's paid off some local media to carry water for him.

It will be Harris, it will be $6.05bn, and it will be glorious. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

The Brian Davis thing is a nothing-burger. He's a huckster and a charlatan, the bid isn't real, and the only reason you're even hearing about it is because he's paid off some local media to carry water for him.

It will be Harris, it will be $6.05bn, and it will be glorious. 

He's an Impostor, Swindler, Fraudster, Con artist, Pretender, Deceiver, Hoaxer, Faker, Grifter, Trickster, and Scammer! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Any news on when the agreement between the Harris group and Snyder will be finalized?  

If they are working on contract language - couple of weeks at least to get the situation there is a deal ready to execute would be my guess. Then it’s has to go to the owners meetings for approval - next one starts May 22. That might be a date to circle.

If the Davis stuff delays things while it’s given some level of due diligence (at which point it falls apart) that might delay things but not significantly.

Edit - sounds like contract language is agreed! Still think though May 22 league meeting is when this is finally all approved and a done deal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

I believe Snyder likes the team.  He may be getting billions, but he has to know if he'd done things better he'd have billlions from  owning the team and some jewelry rather than billions from selling it

8 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

The the former QB is [Redacted], the former owner should be [Super Mega-Extra Double Secret Redacted]

I LONG AGO dubbed the 2008 draft "The Draft We Do Not Mention" and a specific player (his nickname was a hair grooming instrument) "The Player Who Shall Not Be Named" in full Harry Potter homage. 

I'd be very willing to have our current evil owner known by either "You Know Who" or just go all the way and call him Lord Voldemort.

FWIW, Lord Voldemort might have been the most powerful evil wizard of his age, but he couldn't take over a combined Junior High/High school and was bested by an moody teenager.

Feels kindof like an appropriate comp to our dummy.  

• Haha 2