Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

44 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I think we should be thanking whoever leaked that phone call from Trump to Raffensperger, because that really set everything in motion in Georgia.

Brad Raffensperger knew the lying ****head he was dealing with, so that's why he recorded the call in the first place.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

The repeated promise of Irrefutable Evidence of Election Fraud brings back memories of all those Infrastructure Weeks and the amazing Health Care Plan Coming Out

Real Soon.

He and Elon Musk should challenge each other to a cage match.

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

The repeated promise of Irrefutable Evidence of Election Fraud brings back memories of all those Infrastructure Weeks and the amazing Health Care Plan Coming Out

Real Soon.

Mike Lindell is going to present the evidence.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, tshile said:

well. No. 

most of those people were caught up on trespassing and other low level things like obstructing an official proceeding. Things like destruction of property. Some even got some theft charges. A small handful got additional charges like assault. 

outside of a couple of oath keepers, all of those cases lack any mention of conspiracy and overthrowing the government. 

The people higher up are being charged w/ conspiracy.

Conspiracy can be demonstrated w/ evidence of steps taken to forward the goal of the conspiracy.

Wanna take a guess what those 100s of prosecutions about "low level things" will be representative of?

The DOJ is strengthening its case w/ every conviction.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

So one of the charges is impersonating a public official...I'd like to know more about that. I haven't had a chance to go through in the indictment. Any details of it for those of you who have gone through it?

Nevermind...looks like it's related to the false electors.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

So one of the charges is impersonating a public official...I'd like to know more about that. I haven't had a chance to go through in the indictment. Any details of it for those of you who have gone through it?

Conspiracy to Commit Impersonating a Public Officer: Trump was charged with conspiracy to commit impersonating a public officer based on him pushing the “fake elector” scheme, in which a false slate of electors was submitted to Congress claiming Trump won Georgia’s election, and the impersonation statute criminalizes someone “[holding]

himself out” as a public official “with intent to mislead another into believing that he is actually such officer.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2023/08/15/trump-indicted-in-georgia-here-are-the-crimes-hes-been-charged-with-and-the-prison-sentences-they-carry/?sh=2b944d78331b

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Larry said:

I read a poster here who said Georgia law denies bail to people who are expected to intimidate witnesses. 

That could be really popcorn-worthy. 

I'm really excited to see how this plays out.  But how sure are we that he will voluntarily surrender knowing the judge might go medieval on his ass?

47 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

image.jpeg.ea7219725871382e2e43504fb7936f77.jpeg

Most of us share our expertise here for free.  And you all get every penny's worth. 

48 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I think this is a dare for the GA judge to gag him or detain him.  And it's not a bad play for him to make.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

I haven't gotten to that yet, but Kanye West's publicist was indicted.  She's the woman who went to Ruby Freeman's house - soon after Rudy Giuliani and the others accused her publicly of doing fraudulent stuff. This woman claimed she was sent by a high ranking official and pressured Freeman to confess to crimes and, if so, she would be protected from harm. 

Which is so ****ty for many reasons, not the least of which is Freeman was getting death threats right around that time because scumbag Rudy was lying to a nationwide audience about her.

~~~

EDIT: The woman's name is Trevian Kutti.

EDIT 2: And I'm wrong about the impersonating charge for Kutti.  She faces 3 different charges:

1. The overall RICO charge.

2. Soliciting false statements or writings

3. Influencing witnesses.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

The people higher up are being charged w/ conspiracy.

Conspiracy can be demonstrated w/ evidence of steps taken to forward the goal of the conspiracy.

Wanna take a guess what those 100s of prosecutions about "low level things" will be representative of?

The DOJ is strengthening its case w/ every conviction.

what?

whos been charged in the Jan 6th stuff? As far as I know none of the co conspirators listed on the indictment have even be charged? And it’s only 5 other people and they’re the lawyers that were running around doing it. 

The Jan 6th indictment doesn’t even come close to a big net, the way the GA does. And it’s reasonable to assume even the GA is leaving lots of people out. 

which was the context of the discussion. 

yeah they got the low level people. That’s great. Even got them on record in court saying they did what they did because of what trump said. Those people don’t matter - it’s the dozens that planned and orchestrated it that do. So far only Trump has been charged ?

17 minutes ago, tshile said:

what?

whos been charged in the Jan 6th stuff? As far as I know none of the co conspirators listed on the indictment have even be charged? And it’s only 5 other people and they’re the lawyers that were running around doing it. 

I'm expecting (hoping) that the Jan6 unindicted co-conspirators are currently unindicted because they have or will roll over like the rats that they are. 

• Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I'm expecting (hoping) that the Jan6 unindicted co-conspirators are currently unindicted because they have or will roll over like the rats that they are. 

I'm not.  I don't think Jack Smith would've brought the case if he didn't think he could win the conviction with what he has.  I'm hoping those unindicted co-conspirators are indicted separately and pay for their crimes without getting any kind of a deal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Here's a quick recap of basically every debate I've had today on Twitter (I refuse to call it X):

MAGA: "These indictments are BS! It's all based on lies and they have no actual evidence that Trump did anything wrong!"

Me: "Ok, I'm listening and willing to hear you out. Which parts of the indictments do you disagree with and what specific evidence do you think is false?"

MAGA: "I didn't read that BS!"

Me: 

HeartySparseClownanemonefish-size_restricted.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I don't believe that Smith is done with this. There's still wire fraud charges for TFG & RNC & PACs. Didn't Smith re-convene the DC GJ?

My $0.02 - Smith got the J6 indictment solo on TFG to minimize the complexity of the case. The other 6 co-conspirators can still be charged and will be squeezed by the DOJ to rat out TFG. Outside of TFG I don't think any of these people can afford lawyers for the long haul. How much of their bill will RNC & PACs pay? Multiply that by 25-30.That's gonna be some serious coin. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I don't believe that Smith is done with this. There's still wire fraud charges for TFG & RNC & PACs. Didn't Smith re-convene the DC GJ?

My $0.02 - Smith got the J6 indictment solo on TFG to minimize the complexity of the case. The other 6 co-conspirators can still be charged and will be squeezed by the DOJ to rat out TFG. Outside of TFG I don't think any of these people can afford lawyers for the long haul. How much of their bill will RNC & PACs pay? Multiply that by 25-30.That's gonna be some serious coin. 

Rudy has plenty of money, but the others are probably broker AF.  Also agree that Smith focused solely on Trump because it also simplifies the case (and also because it incentivizes Trump to flip on the rest-which he will almost certainly do the nanosecond it becomes in his interest to do so-and possibly add significantly to their exposure).  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

MAGA: "I didn't read that BS!"

This is how people work… I know we like to beat on the MAGAs for it but I see it all the time. People are just lazy. 

they form their opinions as a knee jerk reaction to a new story. By definition these are uninformed opinions. 

and because people are so afraid to ever admit they were wrong, they defend those uninformed opinions to death. 

I deal with it at work all the time. 

the number of people not understanding the current zoom controversy despite proactively providing a write up to everyone… people are just lazy. They won’t put the effort in to think critically. 

• Like 1