Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

31 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

And Trump was the one back then spreading the rumor that he was about to be arrested lol...we should have known it was a lie.

not-sure-hmm.gif

Anyway...

Trump says he would have "no problem" testifying in New York hush money trial

Former President Donald Trump said Monday that he would have "no problem" testifying in his criminal hush money trial that is now scheduled to begin next month.

"I would have no problem testifying. I didn't do anything wrong," Trump told reporters after attending a hearing in that trial in New York.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Not sure about what: if it was Trump floating the rumor that he was about to be arrested back then? Or not sure if we shouldn't have believed him?

Not sure whether you realize that he was arrested, four times?

Maybe you don't think surrending after an indictment is being arrested?

Edited by China

2 minutes ago, China said:

Not sure whether you realize that he was arrested, four times?

I think you meant to ask that of Bang lol...

"I just noticed the 'arrest watch' thread is over a year old." -Bang

I was only commenting on why the thread was started...and it was started because Trump said on Truth Social that he was mere days from being arrested, and the thread starter knew there could be a ton of posts about it spread over several different threads.

• Like 2

@EmirOfShmo

i hope that 53% number is correct, but I am skeptical.  First of all, a Trump acquittal would be bolster him big time.  Second, and I call this the "reverse OJ"... seems like none of his or organizations civil cases have dented support.  Nor his open backing of white supremecism.  Nor his corruption, including dirty fundraising through truth social.

• Thumb up 1

He got arrested.
Like the rest of us regular citizens, he was able to make an appointment to be arrested and get his picture taken.

Then, like the rest of us, nothing happened, and he went out to play ****ing golf.

And then he had to go to court, and the judge kept telling him to stop doing things like threaten him and his staff and he didn't, and just like the rest of us, the judge didn't do anything.
And then he did it again. And again. And like the rest of us, nothing happened as a result.

And then he lost a judgement.
And like the rest of us, nothing happened, and he didn't have to do anything except stop saying bad things, and he didn't so they added to his fine, and like the rest of us they 'made him pay' after he had raised enough money from his network of donors and suckers, just like the rest of us.
Then he had another judgment go against him, and just like the rest of us he had to fork over nothing, and then when the deadline came for his assets to be seized, they weren't, just like would happen with anyone else.

I don't see the problem here. Justice, y'know? Just like for any of us.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Judge Imposes Gag Order on Trump in Manhattan Criminal Trial

The New York judge presiding over one of Donald J. Trump’s criminal trials imposed a gag order on Tuesday that prohibits him from attacking witnesses, prosecutors and jurors, the latest effort to rein in the former president’s wrathful rhetoric about his legal opponents.

The judge, Juan M. Merchan, imposed the order at the request of the Manhattan district attorney’s office, which brought the case against Mr. Trump. 

Under the judge’s gag order, Mr. Trump cannot make, or direct others to make, statements about witnesses concerning their roles in the case. Mr. Trump is also barred from commenting on prosecutors and court staff.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Of the 4 criminal cases against Trump, it truly sucks ass that the only one that will go a jury before the election is also the only one where he will almost certainly be acquitted. We've already seen this play out with John Edwards. 

The statute if limitations already ran out on the crime Trump actually committed (falsifying business records), so the convoluted and unprecedented legal theory of claiming it was part of a federal conspiracy to defraud an election falls apart the minute he uses the Edwards defense - that the payment wasn't about votes but about keeping his wife from finding out. 

The other 3 cases are comically open and shut and should have gone to trial a year ago (or more). The NY one is the only one that is being driven purely by politics, and the inevitable acquittal means a gullible public will discount the other cases as a result. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, China said:

Do those bibles have Trump's name on them?  If so, I imagine they are a fire hazard, likely to burst into flames at any moment.

5 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Are they to be read upside down?

Lots of blanks that the reader can fill in with his preferred word of God. Like mad libs.

IMG_1864.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

If he was indicted before the statute of limitations ran, then he can still be tried. He's tried every way he can to delay this trial, plus the SoL might have been stayed while he was president and then reinstated.

But he wasn't. The previous DA dropped the case.

3 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

The statute if limitations already ran out on the crime Trump actually committed (falsifying business records)

No it didn't.

New York pauses the statute of limitations when a defendant is out of the state for the majority of the time covered by the statute of limitations. That way criminals don't get to just cross state lines (or leave the country) for several years and escape prosecution.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

20 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Which previous DA are you referring to and which charges were dropped?

Apologies - Bad wording on my part. I should have said decided not to pursue charges, not dropped, as charges were not actually filed. And it was the election commission that chose not to press charges.

@Riggo-toni

Maybe on the surface Edwards and Trump are similar, they really aren't.  The problem for Trump is that he laundered money through his businsess accounts.  Also, Cohen was already convicted of a crime.  Trump is facing 34 counts.  Edwards faced 6.  

Trump and his Organization have been in civil and criminal court multiple times post Presidency, and he hasn't won. 

To me both the Federal prosecution of Cohen and Lev Parnas were done to discredit both of them in future trials against Trump.  The mob boss was hoping to stay in power.  And it's really scary that all these players somehow have ties to Ukraine/Russia. 

• Thumb up 1