Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

9 hours ago, mhd24 said:

We had to lose the battle to win the war.  If we had Kincaid or Laporta, we might have won a couple of more games and been totally out of the top QB market.  

Very fair point that. We are where we are based on those kind of decisions. And now we are in a position of strength assuming the top priority is drafting a QB.

17 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Elite players don't hit FA. But a group like:

Hunter Hentry
Dalton Shultz
Mike Gesicki
Noah Fant
Austin Hooper
Robert Tonyan, Jr

Is fairly solid. All would be upgrades for us, some substantial. 

I watched a lot of Gesicki in college and I'm surprised he hasn't had more success.  The guy probably has, if not the best vertical in the game, somewhere up there.  He was on track to potentially be an Olympic volleyball player before he chose football as his sport in college.  At Penn State, that was half the red zone offense...lob it up somewhere in his direction and he'd just outjump everyone for it.

He isn't much of a blocker and having no idea what was expected of the TE in Miami and New England, maybe that was part of the issue.  But he should have been far more of a red zone weapon over his career than he has been.  For a cheap FA contract, he'd probably be pretty useful.

2 hours ago, Forehead said:

I watched a lot of Gesicki in college and I'm surprised he hasn't had more success.  The guy probably has, if not the best vertical in the game, somewhere up there.  He was on track to potentially be an Olympic volleyball player before he chose football as his sport in college.  At Penn State, that was half the red zone offense...lob it up somewhere in his direction and he'd just outjump everyone for it.

He isn't much of a blocker and having no idea what was expected of the TE in Miami and New England, maybe that was part of the issue.  But he should have been far more of a red zone weapon over his career than he has been.  For a cheap FA contract, he'd probably be pretty useful.

Gesicki isn't a TE.  He can't block.  He's just a big WR basically.  

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

So....what do you all think of paying this ro keep Kam Curl?

I think that is almost what the expected franchise tag # will be. Seems a little steep.

Brad Speilberger from PFF did a projection for Curl maybe 6 months ago and his estimate was 3 years 40 million about 27 million guaranteed.  I could see giving Curl a deal like that because he is a good player.  So I am kind of going in think 2 years guaranteed at 27 million is what I am looking at.  You can add two unguaranteed years with a combined 37 million to that an make a 4 year 64 million dollar deal, I'd be fine with that as long as we are only essentially obligated to something like like two years 27 million.

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Hard pass. Curl is solid but does generate big plays. 

Id like to keep him but nothing more than like $10-12 M a year

More like 3year 30 million.  

6 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

So....what do you all think of paying this ro keep Kam Curl?

That’s a big nope for me. I’d rather spend that money elsewhere. 

Regarding Miami being so far over the cap, we know that the 49’ers were aggressive before on the trade market…I’d only want to take on big time salary however for a younger player. 

Edited by Anselmheifer

11 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Gesicki isn't a TE.  He can't block.  He's just a big WR basically.  

Well, we could use one of those too.  Doesn't have to be Gesicki, but I just looked at the roster, we don't have a single WR over 6'1".

48 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I think it's from this:

image.png.49e2628791a8b6f5dfd0614b77c0315b.png

ttps://wisportsheroics.com/green-bay-packers-jaire-alexander-farewell/#google_vignette

Sounds likes he was playing the media there. His contract isn’t great in terms of GB moving on either.

Edited by Est.1974