Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

15 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

The Twitter user you're quoting is a Commies fan. He's talking about our pressure (or lack thereof) vs. the Pats.

Elk was a good and regular poster on here back in the day. 

6 hours ago, method man said:

His impact was definitely more pronounced vs Carolina. He was getting pressures at will, which opened things up for his teammates and sped things up for Young

That Panthers offense was terrible though. They set the bar very low.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I didn't see much of anything in the form of pressure generation. We had no sacks and we had zero TFLs from the line. That is a far cry from what we have been this season. The D was carried by the back end last week.

No.

The D was carried by the fact Mac Jones is TERRIBLE and consistently missed open WRs.  

Our guys did less to disrupt the NE offense than the Mac Jones did.

Mac Jones gets a Commander's game ball. He was probably the biggest reason we won.  

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Mac Jones gets a Commander's game ball. He was probably the biggest reason we won.  

Give Jaylon Reagor an honorable mention. Not just the drop at the end that lead to the interception but he also dropped a perfectly thrown deep ball that would have lead to at least a FG.

• Like 2

Courtland Sutton is someone I think could be a good addition for us assuming his is a UFA and commands a reasonable contract. IMO, he is a technician in the route aspect and good hands. I think he would be a great weapon for Sam too. I know we have more pressing needs elsewhere but I've always liked Courtland's game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

Courtland Sutton is someone I think could be a good addition for us assuming his is a UFA and commands a reasonable contract. IMO, he is a technician in the route aspect and good hands. I think he would be a great weapon for Sam too. I know we have more pressing needs elsewhere but I've always liked Courtland's game. 

I’m all in favour of adding another receiver.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m all in favour of adding another receiver.

We’re going to need to add another receiver because Samuel is a FA and most likely not coming back. 

Brown hasn’t developed enough.  Pringle is a potato chip.  Crowder is old.

So, we’ll need another WR no matter what.  

I think we also need to upgrade at TE. 

If we have a competent GM this off season we’ll get 3 new OL, a starting WR3, and a new TE.  

Which sounds like a lot.  But we have $90m and a bunch of draft picks so it should be doable.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We’re going to need to add another receiver because Samuel is a FA and most likely not coming back. 

If we have a competent GM this off season we’ll get 3 new OL, a starting WR3, and a new TE.  

Which sounds like a lot.  But we have $90m and a bunch of draft picks so it should be doable.  

And a RB

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

And a RB

Eh.  They’ll need a 3rd down RB.  

Gibson won’t be back.  

But you should be able to shake a tree and find a 3rd down RB.

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Gibby is probably gone.

JB is a FA.

Whole coaching staff probably getting replaced

We gotta add pick ups at single every position on O next year.

JB? Bates? 

Chase Young is playing a lot of 3-tech with the Niners right now.

How does this apply to the Commandos? Our lack of scheme diversity and using guys in differing roles and changing things up.

Well, we do have guys play in differing roles… but I mean in differing roles that apply to the players’ skill set.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

That is Young first sack and fumble recover. It is going to be difficult watch him play well for 49ers. You saw the raw talent here but he never put it together.

If he did that with us there would have been a roughing the passer flag.

On 11/6/2023 at 7:27 PM, Chump Bailey said:

Kyle Hamilton is too :) Heck of a player.

I went to the Ravens/Browns game yesterday. It allowed me to see him play live. He is special, great tackler, all over the field and love his blitz ability. If our team blitzed he'd be a good addition 🙁

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 11/11/2023 at 12:03 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

And I remember, coming out of last season, DL and WR were supposed to be our two strongest position groups.  Merely halfway through this season, we need to replace 3-4 of those players cuz we've blown up the DL and the WRs have been underwhelming.  lol  

On 11/11/2023 at 3:58 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Mike Evans is going to be a FA.

Mike Evans is a beast of a WR and his play-style would complement Terry perfectly.

But, signing a WR on the wrong side of 30, who's probably looking for the last monster contract he'll sign, who's suffered nagging hamstring issues his entire career...makes me a smidge nervous.