Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I can’t find confirmation of that anywhere and it wouldn’t really make sense.

When his trade occurred, all guaranteed money escalated to the 2022 cap.  

Spotrac doesn’t have him listed as a cap hit.

It was a bad signing but I question the validity of that report…

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I can’t find confirmation of that anywhere and it wouldn’t really make sense.

When his trade occurred, all guaranteed money escalated to the 2022 cap.  

Spotrac doesn’t have him listed as a cap hit.

It was a bad signing but I question the validity of that report…

Overtehcap has him listed as a 9 million dollar cap hit.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/washington-commanders

Just now, philibusters said:

Overtehcap has him listed as a 9 million dollar cap hit.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/washington-commanders

Though they have him as the 6th not 5th biggest cap hit

So I guess life without Sweat and Young means guys the refs don't know yet will get no leeway on calls. I feel bad for KJ you know he was ramped up and psyched for this game more than likely any beforehand, and they took his strip sack away because he didn't get into a crab position.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

In 2016, we used our 1st round draft pick on someone who got diagnosed with homesickness. In 2020, we used our 1st round draft pick on someone who has now been diagnosed with sick of home-ness. If the pattern holds, our 1st round draft pick next year is going to have an uncommon ailment involving his home. What's it going to be this time?

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, DWinzit said:

I call BS. Beat if he stayed healthy, wasn't called out by staff for slacking and bonging and had some playoff success he never would have said that.

Nah. He did do an interview with JP predraft where he said DC fans have “fake love” for their players.

• Like 1

Was listening to Lynell from 106.7, he said he's talked to Chase's family multiple times.  He also referenced "stories" in particular one story about Chase which still hasn't surfaced.  I think he's like the 7th reporter who has referenced it.  He said he doubts the WP will likewise sit on the story and eventually it comes out.

I can't recall so much mystery about a player behind the scenes like there was and still is about Chase. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Was listening to Lynell from 106.7, he said he's talked to Chase's family multiple times.  He also referenced "stories" in particular one story about Chase which still hasn't surfaced.  I think he's like the 7th reporter who has referenced it.  He said he doubts the WP will likewise sit on the story and eventually it comes out.

I can't recall so much mystery about a player behind the scenes like there was and still is about Chase. 

It has just been so strange, why the mystique. Why would they not report whatever it is?

5 minutes ago, method man said:

Nah. He did do an interview with JP predraft where he said DC fans have “fake love” for their players.

I guess I can relate. My ex and Trump told me I had "fake love" for them too

9 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

It has just been so strange, why the mystique. Why would they not report whatever it is?

From my experience with dealing with the press in my career, i'd guess the story is somewhat wild or multiple wild stories but where there is no proof. so you need people to talk about it on the record and people have been unwilling to talk on the record about it.

It's 100% apples to oranges but as an example with the sexual harassment stories, its just the best example that hits me of an example of stories not surfacing.  it took years according to some to come out because its not something a reporter has first hand proof of so they need people to talk about it on the record to go with the story.    If no one is willing to talk about it, they don't have the story.

Personally, i like Chase, so I wouldn't mind the stories or stories don't come out.  But when Lynell references it and Sheehan both who are pro Chase, I am gathering there is something to them.   But i got no clue in what direction those stories go.  None of these guys have hinted about the direction that I've noticed.  Lynell sort of hinted a little by referencing one big story and implying its too juicy for the WP to ignore.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

From my experience with dealing with the press in my career, i'd guess the story is somewhat wild or multiple wild stories but where there is no proof. so you need people to talk about it on the record and people have been unwilling to talk on the record about it.

It's 100% apples to oranges but as an example with the sexual harassment stories, its just the best example that hits me of an example of stories not surfacing.  it took years according to some to come out because its not something a reporter has first hand proof of so they need people to talk about it on the record to go with the story.    If no one is willing to talk about it, they don't have the story.

Personally, i like Chase, so I wouldn't mind the stories or stories don't come out.  But when Lynell references it and Sheehan both who are pro Chase, I am gathering there is something to them.   But i got no clue in what direction those stories go.  None of these guys have hinted about the direction that I've noticed.  Lynell sort of hinted a little by referencing one big story and implying its too juicy for the WP to ignore.

So perhaps lots of unsubstantiated stories...got it. Now that he is out maybe something gets "leaked" and starts a wave

15 minutes ago, method man said:

I doubt if there is a story, it is anything major. NFL teams have investigators and the Niners wouldn’t have given up a Day 2 pick for him if this issue was major. My guess is this has to do with his weed usage

Agree as to the major point because that would assume the story centers on something relating to his play that would affect SF.  Don't get me wrong it might, but there is no indication for the direction of the story.  So i don't know if the NFL would even have any interest.

It would have to be one heck of a twist If its pot.  Because that's a nothing burger story in a vacuum.  So i am doubting its Chase and pot -- that would feel like a major yawn let alone fitting the narrative of how can the WP sit on this story for this long.

13 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

So perhaps lots of unsubstantiated stories...got it. Now that he is out maybe something gets "leaked" and starts a wave

At this point, I don't care much.  But I gather the story gets out eventually.

1 hour ago, method man said:

I doubt if there is a story, it is anything major. NFL teams have investigators and the Niners wouldn’t have given up a Day 2 pick for him if this issue was major. My guess is this has to do with his weed usage

Eh , unless they were confident that it wouldn’t come out to after February, I doubt they care.

I’m not a fan of local media coming together to say, “we know something bad about Chase, but we’re not going to tell you. But it’s bad, trust us.” That does no one any good.

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I totally believe there are big stories behind he scene regarding Chase Young.  I can't believe that would be just weed because nobody cares about that. Unless he was playing high, now that would be something. 

Its probably overblown. If not there is no way a smart organization like the 49ers trades for him.

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

IIRC on 1067 I heard Chase never attended OTA's. I didn't know that. I hate OTAs but never attending seems like a huge red flag.

I mean that's not some mystery.  He always skipped some voluntary workouts. Its not a big deal if you're an established star(guys like Adrian Peterson and Trent Williams skip em all the time too)but when you're someone like Young I guess it rubs people the wrong way.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I totally believe there are big stories behind he scene regarding Chase Young.  I can't believe that would be just weed because nobody cares about that. Unless he was playing high, now that would be something. 

Wouldn't be the first.

Probably some players now who do.  

I just hope they can find a starting guard with that pick they got for Chase. Give us 8-9 years of good LG play and it's an A+ trade. 

• Like 2