Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

7 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

We invested a ton of picks and a lot of money into a failed system of building a team over the last 4 years with Rivera (and it goes beyond Rivera). BUT in the current construct of the FO and coaching and roster management, it's been a failure. 

Time to turn a new leaf. I would have liked more for Young, or kept him around, but I have NO issue with this. Get assets. You have draft capital and $$ to spend this off-season and into the future. What is to come can't be worse than what has happened in the past. 

I am really excited to go into the draft with a 1/2/2/3/3 ... with the right front office, you can turn things around fairly quickly. 

Plus you were going to have to use a good chunk of that available money to resign Chase if you kept him. Getting a third plus the money to build the team makes his deal a big plus IMO. I am kind of shocked we actually got a 3rd for him. And am definitely shocked we got a 2nd for Sweat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

It's kind of the the same with Kurt Cousins. 

I see a difference insofar as Kirk wanted to get the hell out of here. And didn't do a great job hiding that fact.  Kyle might have also at the end, but while he was here he never let on until he was fired.  

I don't hate Kyle, but I think he has dodged blamer for  things that he should have taken, which has led to his reputation being what it is. I mean, hand the ball off a couple of times in Super Bowl LI and the Falcons franchise wins a title, instead they wear the "biggest choke ver" label and yet Kyle doesn't seem to carry that around with him. He's just the boy genius who can do no wrong. 

Yeah, but that's somewhat not on him.  He said after the SB he cost the team the win.  It's not like he goes out of his way to avoid it.  

and he took a few shots at Dan through the years, and I honestly didn't mind it.  Shrug.

A lot of super smart people are overly aggressive, confident pricks.  

One of the reasons Joe Gibbs is so fantastically unique:  he's the smartest guy in every room he's ever walked into and you honestly would think he was part of the wait staff because of his humility and demeanor.  It's one of the reasons he is universally beloved.  

3 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

I guess Ill be back when we officially hire a new GM. We will see if that is to celebrate or not....

MAC Blogger Roundtable - The MAC-Laughlin Group - Bull Run

12 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

I understand and even agree with trading the players. I am just totally disappointed in the return for Young. 49ers knew noone is actually in charge here and could offer the minimum to get a potentially great player. And we couldnt push back because we are in limbo.

I don't care what we got for Chase but I am happy he is no longer on the team. He couldn't even get to Hurts when we needed him the most on Sunday. The Raiders DE, Crosby, is two years older and 100 times faster to get to the QB and the backfield as I saw him on Monday night football. Chase doesn't have that kind of power or even energy to try to even do that. 

So yeah the other teams knows his real worth and so did our FO as beggars can't be choosers. 

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I see a difference insofar as Kirk wanted to get the hell out of here. And didn't do a great job hiding that fact. 

He wanted out after the team totally dicked up the situation. Bruce decided to turn the situation into a PR campaign against his QB so he dint have to be accountable for either a contract or a trade, and totally screwed his own team. Anyone who blames Kirk for that situation is totally buying Bruce's crap. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yeah, it's going to go down as a bog disappointment from me that the didn't follow up the two big moves with some common sense ones.

Gotta think this is due to the lame duck regime and the kind of limbo we're in. I think Harris basically pushed them into the big moves and then let them stand pat with the rest so they can play at being competitive the rest of the year. Which is a mistake, but I'd guess that's what happened. 

I was really joking, for the record.  

I see the value of keeping both Gibson and Brisket around.  

I would have been fine if they traded Fuller and Curl, though.  Blow up all of that nasty, underperforming defense.  

He wanted out after the team totally dicked up the situation. Bruce decided to turn the situation into a PR campaign against his QB so he dint have to be accountable for either a contract or a trade, and totally screwed his own team. Anyone who blames Kirk for that situation is totally buying Bruce's crap. 

I'm not. Not doing more is  a mistake. The fact that the word was out so early that they were done makes me think they weren't even listening anymore.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I was really joking, for the record.  

I see the value of keeping both Gibson and Brisket around.  

I would have been fine if they traded Fuller and Curl, though.  Blow up all of that nasty, underperforming defense.  

I would have liked getting something for all 4. Gibby has too many issues to be relied on, and if Howell cant play, I would rather lose than take the chance Jacoby accidently wins the game. Wins now just hurt draft position. Only reason to see a win now would be if Howell is developing.

Edited by CommandB11

Would have liked to move a few more guys, even if they resulted in day 3 picks. Have no issue with the moves made. Defense simply has not been good enough or average enough. Most of that is on Del Rio, but I'm glad Ron apparently wasn't allowed to sit on these guys and say he can fix it with them. 

shrug3.png

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

Eh, I go back farther.  All the way to 2015, I don't think he really wanted to be here.  And again, I don't blame him.  I also think he was 100% done when Sean McVay left because he knew Jay was a poser.  When the real offensive brains behind the operation left, Kirk knew he was in deep doodoo. 

I actually don't hate Kirk at all, FWIW.  I don't think he was worth what he got from the Vikings, but I never had any ill will towards him. 

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It's odd.  It's like the fanbase took on Dan's grudge against the Shanahans while still hating Dan.  

A lot of folks didn’t hate Dan as much as they pretend they did.  A lot of fans performed gold medal level mental gymnastics and held grudges against most everyone that leaves here.  In some weird sort of “I’m stuck in hell, you should be too, and be happy about it - at least you get paid for it” way.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Eh, I go back farther.  All the way to 2015, I don't think he really wanted to be here.  And again, I don't blame him.  I also think he was 100% done when Sean McVay left because he knew Jay was a poser.  When the real offensive brains behind the operation left, Kirk knew he was in deep doodoo. 

I actually don't hate Kirk at all, FWIW.  I don't think he was worth what he got from the Vikings, but I never had any ill will towards him. 

Yeah, there is zero reason to believe that. he said and did everything right in the situation and bruce tried to turn the fanbase against him so he could let him go and blame him for it. which way too many people bought into. 

9 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I don't care what we got for Chase but I am happy he is no longer on the team. He couldn't even get to Hurts when we needed him the most on Sunday. The Raiders DE, Crosby, is two years older and 100 times faster to get to the QB and the backfield as I saw him on Monday night football. Chase doesn't have that kind of power or even energy to try to even do that. 

So yeah the other teams knows his real worth and so did our FO as beggars can't be choosers. 

I got this weird feeling in two years you are gonna be one of those guys that saids “ why did we let chase young go for nothing ..”

Edited by Commander202

8 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

And the 6ers just traded away their best player ( though locker room cancer) as well..... analytics are not giving me a good feeling. Have the 6ers won anything? No? But lets look at how they run things for inspiration!!!!!!!

They've been a consistent contender for more than half a decade. When was the last time we could say that? 1986-1991, or, 35+ years ago, we'd kill to be as good as the sixers have been since '17-'18, and the sad truth is, if they'd been a little healthier, and if two of their top picks hadn't been head cases, instead of a top 3 team in the east, they would have probably grabbed a couple of titles, either conference, or league wide, but missing badly on Fultz and Simmons, and Embiid's health issues really hurt them. 

So yeah, I am inspired by what they've done, despite whiffing badly on those two guys and suffering Embiid's health issues, they've still managed to go 300-174 the previous six seasons, including four 50 win seasons, as in 4 more in just the last 6 years than the Boulez have done in the past 43 years. 

So yeah, I'd love to be as competent as them, with luck at QB, that level of competence would have us back in the Super Bowl and maybe even winning some, rather than just pulling one "1 and done" run to an early playoff exit every fourth year before getting swallowed by incompetence quicksand as per usual the following season. 

• Like 2

If anyone happy we let CY got for a third and feel happy about it I’m just completely stunned anyone would think it was a good move . This is going to be the second time SF fleeced us , but yes letting CY go was a good move . We got some posters in here saying he was a diva and work efforts was a problem

lol get real we got fleeced 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Tell me you dont know basketball without telling me you dont know basketball... embiid is good. NBA is driven by guards.

I’d say this same logic can be applied to all of your posts. Good day sir 

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

We only got a ****ing 3rd rounder for a second overall pick? Christ, he's going to be an all-star for the rest of his career.

Yeah. Like hes been an all star here? I would bet my house that he is out of the league within 5 years before he becomes a consistent all pro.

• Like 3