Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

Just now, CommandB11 said:

I understand and even agree with thrading the players. I am just totally disappointed in the return for Young. 49ers knew noone is actually in charge here and could offer the minimum to get a potentially great player. And we couldnt push back because we are in limbo.

You still have this assumption that the league values Chase as much as you think.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

That is true, but it sucks he wad the 2nd overall pick. He was sopose to be game changer, not a trade for third rd pick.

Agreed - completely sucks but something is better than nothing.  You have to know when to cut bait and this shows that rather then letting them both walk which is what we saw with middling teams under snyder

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

We invested a ton of picks and a lot of money into a failed system of building a team over the last 4 years with Rivera (and it goes beyond Rivera). BUT in the current construct of the FO and coaching and roster management, it's been a failure. 

Time to turn a new leaf. I would have liked more for Young, or kept him around, but I have NO issue with this. Get assets. You have draft capital and $$ to spend this off-season and into the future. What is to come can't be worse than what has happened in the past. 

I am really excited to go into the draft with a 1/2/2/3/3 ... with the right front office, you can turn things around fairly quickly. 

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Cause he is an arrogant prick who , along with his father, couldnt stop talking about this franchise. We know it was bad. Move on and shut up.

Arrogant prick, sure. 

But the hate started while he was here.

It's odd.  It's like the fanbase took on Dan's grudge against the Shanahans while still hating Dan.  

• Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

I understand and even agree with trading the players. I am just totally disappointed in the return for Young. 49ers knew noone is actually in charge here and could offer the minimum to get a potentially great player. And we couldnt push back because we are in limbo.

Yet we still got a high 2nd for Sweat from the same "in limbo" folks where no one is in charge. Someone is orchestrating these moves and its not Ron.

• Thumb up 1

5 picks in the top 3 rounds.  95 million or so in cap room.  It's a very dark day.   This is the Dolphins-Eagles-Lions, etc approach. Yeah they rebuilt better during Ron's era but that was a fluke.

I like the lets go 8-9 or maybe a game better and get knocked out in the playoffs as the wildcard as our ceiling every 4 years approach.  We are going to miss Dan. :ols:

The defense was ranked 31st, now it might descend to 32. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Arrogant prick, sure. 

It's odd.  It's like the fanbase took on Dan's grudge against the Shanahans while still hating Dan.  

Yeah that’s made zero sense to me.  I liked the shanahans- they called it and exposed Dan for what he was.  People associated them together when they were completely separate.  Dan had all the power

1 minute ago, CommandB11 said:

And the 6ers just traded away their best player ( though locker room cancer) as well..... analytics are not giving me a good feeling. Have the 6ers won anything? No? But lets look at how they run things for inspiration!!!!!!!

Yea. the 76ers are an Embiid trade demand away from being a 20-win team. And he's totally going to demand a trade this year.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Arrogant prick, sure. 

It's kind of the the same with Kurt Cousins. 

I don't hate Kyle, but I think he has dodged blamer for  things that he should have taken, which has led to his reputation being what it is. I mean, hand the ball off a couple of times in Super Bowl LI and the Falcons franchise wins a title, instead they wear the "biggest choke ver" label and yet Kyle doesn't seem to carry that around with him. He's just the boy genius who can do no wrong. 

1 minute ago, steve09ru said:

Yeah that’s made zero sense to me.  I liked the shanahans- they called it and exposed Dan for what he was.  People associated them together when they were completely separate.  Dan had all the power

I can't be rational about the Shanahans. I hated the Mike hiring the day it happened. Hated every part of the Shanahan years (including the insane RGIII rookie year where I was waiting for a shoe to drop until it dropped). 

I do think Kyle is an excellent offensive coach, but I would totally watch a show called The Fall of the House of Shanahan.

• Like 1

Yeah, they wanted a day 2 pick but no one would pay it. 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/commanders_taking_trade_calls_for_jacoby_brissett_but_asking_price_considered_prohibitive/s1_17039_39468442

>>Albert Breer of SI.com reports that the Commanders have taken trade calls for backup QB Jacoby Brissett.

However, Breer says that Washington’s asking price for Brissett has been “prohibitive” for other teams, as they’re looking for a “Day 2 pick” in return for the veteran quarterback.

Joshua Dobbs was just traded in a late-round pick swap, so there’s clearly a gap between what teams are willing to pay and what the Commanders are seeking for Brissett.

The Browns have been mentioned as a possible landing spot for Brissett given that he knows the system and could serve as a solid fill-in until Deshaun Watson is healthy.<< 

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I know the bell has almost tolled.  But I want more. 

Get me a 5th for Jacoby and a 6th for Gibby in the last 3 minutes before the deadline!!

Yeah, it's going to go down as a bog disappointment from me that the didn't follow up the two big moves with some common sense ones.

Gotta think this is due to the lame duck regime and the kind of limbo we're in. I think Harris basically pushed them into the big moves and then let them stand pat with the rest so they can play at being competitive the rest of the year. Which is a mistake, but I'd guess that's what happened. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

It will

In either case the ship had sailed. The FO had poisoned the well with Williams permanently. It would've taken a miracle to get him back and everyone in the league knew it.

As for Young. The mistake was made 3.5 years ago when we didn't trade down for Tua, or Herbert. That was the move, a few of us knew it, most of us didn't, being enamored with his upside etc, and ignoring the putrid state of the QB position on the roster. 

You're ignoring the fact that all we owned w/regards to Young was a half season, and the option to tag him and pay him like an All Pro, instead of the guy who was either injured or garbage for 2 of his first 3 seasons here. This isn't 2020. This is the end of his contract, the last basically 12.5% of his contract that we controlled other than tagging. 

The ship had sailed, and we could pay him like the player he never was for the vast majority of his time here, or lose him for very little. We took what we could get which wasn't much, but was likely better than what we could get otherwise, and improved the tank in the process. We had no claim on his future other than tagging him, if you wanted to do that, so be it, but that was it.