Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Have you looked at our 2nd round draft history lately?

Two thoughts on that.

A.  The 2nd round pick we've had isn't typically a high 2nd.  Heck I recall for example Jay saying they'd have taken Dalvin Cook over Ryan Anderson but Cook was gone.  As we know especially the first 5-7 picks in the 2nd round are often projected first round talent.

B. In theory we should have a bright GM for once making these calls.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

It appears Young has very little league wide value or respect. I'm a little bit surprised, he has been productive this year albeit invisible against top notch teams, but I figured he'd garner more interest than he has.

It's probably because of his injury.    There's concerns it'll be a career type problem.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

One of two things happened:

1. Rivera, being the class guy he is, decided to make a move that was in the franchise's long term best interest even if it hurts him short term.

2. Harris and/or new ownership group pushed the trade after hearing what the reported compensation was.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

One of two things happened:

1. Rivera, being the class guy he is, decided to make a move that was in the franchise's long term best interest even if it hurts him short term.

2. Harris and/or new ownership group pushed the trade after hearing what the reported compensation was.

I think Chase and Sweat became locker room outcasts. Everyone else falls in line with Allen.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Now, if we want to actually get a good player for that second rounder in the next draft, ensure that this entire FO is canned at the end of the season and beef up the scouting department with top-of-the-line talent evaluators.  Otherwise, Ron and his idiotic crew are going to waste that pick.