Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

10 minutes ago, MrJL said:

we only signed Brissett to a one year deal so we're not getting a pick in the 2025 draft which would be the second pick in the proposed trade there

give me Brissett for Wes Schweitzer

It doesn't matter if he's on a one year deal, you can still get future picks.

12 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

so you are telling me you want brissett on our roster

wut?

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

It doesn't matter if he's on a one year deal, you can still get future picks.

wut?

he's saying that no one would make that trade, so you suggesting it is like saying you don't want to make it

And I know you can get later picks, it's just extremely unlikely

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrJL said:

he's saying that no one would make that trade, so you suggesting it is like saying you don't want to make it

And I know you can get later picks, it's just extremely unlikely

this. a third, which i would think would be a ridiculous deal for us, i'd be ecstatic for. a 2nd or another 3rd, the following year, on top of that is delusional. jacoby is a known quantity. his ceiling is maybe getting the jets into a wildcard spot. he's not the future for any team. no one is going to invest that much draft capital for a stop gay with no guarantee the next year...if they even wanted him in 2024.

Edited by xxprodigyxx
moar

5 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Our team is really young, and the D is younger than the O. I didn't realize we skewed for both units this way.

One of Ron’s biggest regrets was letting the Panther roster become overweight with older players.

He’s kept promise to remain young and athletic. This is a great way to sustain success over many seasons.

With that said, it’s “put up time” for Ron.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Our team is really young, and the D is younger than the O. I didn't realize we skewed for both units this way.

Wylie and Thomas skew our age a bit as well.  We’re really young…and we’ve pretty much drafted/developed our own depth.  We will grow and improve and it’s gonna be awesome to watch

• Thumb up 1

Judging by PFF Collins was really good as a run blocker but poor as a pass blocker.  Before that season, very good at both.

8 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Our coaches like who we have. 

True.  When I saw a dozen teams, first thing I thought is they weren't one of those teams.   Their solution always just about seems to be in house, I think they believe they have the best depth in the NFL.   The next star player is simply name that dude on the bench.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Judging by PFF Collins was really good as a run blocker but poor as a pass blocker.  Before that season, very good at both.

True.  When I saw a dozen teams, first thing I thought is they weren't one of those teams.   Their solution always just about seems to be in house, I think they believe they have the best depth in the NFL.   The next star player is simply name that dude on the bench.

Very frustrating. I've called for starting Lucas over Wylie from day 1 and Collins is a clear peg or two better than both.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Very frustrating. I've called for starting Lucas over Wylie from day 1 and Collins is a clear peg or two better than both.

This isn't a carpe diem type of FO aside from their very aggressive, 3 first round picks and change offer for Russell Wilson, and there is no price they wouldn't pay for Wentz to ensure whatever phantom other bidder didn't get him.

They are conservative and prefer to let things ride generally.  I've made peace with that.  Here's to 2024 and a much better FO.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This isn't a carpe diem type of FO aside from their very aggressive, 3 first round picks and change offer for Russell Wilson, and there is no price they wouldn't pay for Wentz to ensure whatever phantom other bidder didn't get him.

They are conservative and prefer to let things ride generally.  I've made peace with that.  Here's to 2024 and a much better FO.

The missteps are almost enjoyable, knowing that it's all about to change for the better.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I don't know if Collins is in any kind of position to be effective given his injury recovery...

Still, I'm in no position to complain about bringing in upgrades for this line given what I think of them.

If they think he can contribute now or in the near future, roll the dice.

Collins doesn't seem to be 100% but can play at least inside right now. Cincy upgraded OT the off season and has a strong group. 

If they were to sign him I'd hope it's at least through next season thinking we could at least use him inside this season and T next year if not this year.

All in all, I agree with SIP and Kool...the coaches think our current guys are good enough as they did before the season began :( 

4 hours ago, DWinzit said:

All in all, I agree with SIP and Kool...the coaches think our current guys are good enough as they did before the season began :( 

Maybe they want to give the guys who've been here all offseason a chance to gel.

Can't build chemistry if your shuffling players all around the line and plugging in new guys who have plenty of their own question marks and baggage. 

As long as the line stays healthy I think the best plan is to stay the course and let them develop as a team.

We've said it hundreds of times, we have a new coordinator a new quarterback and multiple new offensive lineman all trying to get on the same page together, we should give them that chance.

Now maybe if collins is willing to come in as a backup for injury insurance that's not a bad idea but bringing him in as a starter and expecting better results than we'd get from the 5 guys who've spent the last 6 months working together is probably wishful thinking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What the hell is funny about that post?

I'm not saying they're gonna gel into the 80's hogs but tha if they stay healthy they may gel into the best we could hope for this year and that adding cast-offs is just as likely to make our line worse than it is better.

Edited by redskinss

7 minutes ago, redskinss said:

What the hell is funny about that post?

I'm not saying they're gonna gel into the 80's hogs but tha if they stay healthy they may gel into the best we could hope for this year and that adding cast-offs is just as likely to make our line worse than it is better.

Collins is coming back from injury and isn't in position to start. He'd come in and be on the bench at first and work his way in when healthy.

He's not bullying himself into the room and taking wylies lunch money.

If you keep a bunch of average players together, I'm sure they'll play better as time goes on, but you know what's better than average players being together? Better players playing together.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Collins is coming back from injury and isn't in position to start. He'd come in and be on the bench at first and work his way in when healthy.

He's not bullying himself into the room and taking wylies lunch money.

If you keep a bunch of average players together, I'm sure they'll play better as time goes on, but you know what's better than average players being together? Better players playing together.

Well then I guess we kind of agree.

I did say that bringing him in as a backup isn't a bad idea.

Although if the reports are true that he has at least ten suitors we're probably near the bottom of his wish list.

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Well then I guess we kind of agree.

I did say that bringing him in as a backup isn't a bad idea.

Although if the reports are true that he has at least ten suitors we're probably near the bottom of his wish list.

I laughed at "don't add talent" theme of your post, in reference to making us a better team and I'd absolutely bring him in to start when he's ready.

• Like 1