Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

9 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Surprised he has not been released yet, or at the very least asked to take a pay cut.  Why pay cut, I do not think based on his recent injury history he gets anything close to what he is making presently.  Possibly post draft or June 1??

That's my guess - I think that means we won't have any dead cap space if we do that, right?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Always liked Cam Sims. 

Agreed.  The kid always balled out when given a damn chance to play.  His YAC runs were angry which reminded me of Garcon back in the day.  Not year the same talent level but the want to was always definitely there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sebestian said:

Surprised he has not been released yet, or at the very least asked to take a pay cut.  Why pay cut, I do not think based on his recent injury history he gets anything close to what he is making presently.  Possibly post draft or June 1??

I wonder if he wouldn't yet pass a physical and would need an injury settlement and waiting makes more sense for the team at this point.

33 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

I wonder if he wouldn't yet pass a physical and would need an injury settlement and waiting makes more sense for the team at this point.

Roullier is a swing player too.  If he would take a paycut maybe we could move him around

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

The best I have seen him is 6th, many have him as not drafted. I like Bobo and think he'd be good in the 7th

He has good size and hands. He was a great college player I am not sure what type of pro he will be. For a 7th it’s definitely worth the shot. He returns punts too. I would replace Mline with him in a second. Milne is useless in my opinion.

• Like 2

Colts All-Pro Darius Leonard laments Indy’s loss of LB Anthony Walker to the Browns: ‘I wouldn’t be me without him’

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Colts two-time All-Pro linebacker Darius Leonard took the departure of Colts middle linebacker Anthony Walker to the Browns extremely hard Friday.

“Well, I’m about to cry,’' Leonard tweeted right after news broke that Walker, 25, signed a one-year deal with the Browns worth up to $3.5 million with bonuses and incentives. “If y’all actually understood the impact he has on a locker room.”

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Colts All-Pro Darius Leonard laments Indy’s loss of LB Anthony Walker to the Browns: ‘I wouldn’t be me without him’

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Colts two-time All-Pro linebacker Darius Leonard took the departure of Colts middle linebacker Anthony Walker to the Browns extremely hard Friday.

“Well, I’m about to cry,’' Leonard tweeted right after news broke that Walker, 25, signed a one-year deal with the Browns worth up to $3.5 million with bonuses and incentives. “If y’all actually understood the impact he has on a locker room.”

We have a shot at him and with him and Brissett being best friends and him passing a physical he very well be signed.  Hoping so! :) 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, RWJ said:

We have a shot at him and with him and Brissett being best friends and him passing a physical he very well be signed.  Hoping so! :) 

They are also writing in a free Amazon Prime membership or free Sixers tickets into the contract as a team option to be exercised in May. That should put it over the finish line. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Always liked Cam Sims. 

i was lukewarm on him when i was higher on kelvin harmon. he grew on me and i came to appreciate his ability to contribute when called upon and doing the dirty work on special teams. best wishes to him.

but now it's time to piss of raiders fans. i responded to a tweet of the announcement with "no, not josh mcdaniels! daniel synder isn't that bad!". we'll see if any raiders fans bite.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

The Gandy-Man

He should have treated the ball like a Rubik’s cube instead of a hand grenade. Unfortunate waste of size and athleticism. I suppose he would make a good coach though.

9 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

The Gandy-Man

He should have treated the ball like a Rubik’s cube instead of a hand grenade. Unfortunate waste of size and athleticism. I suppose he would make a good coach though.

7 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

He has good size and hands. He was a great college player I am not sure what type of pro he will be. For a 7th it’s definitely worth the shot. He returns punts too. I would replace Mline with him in a second. Milne is useless in my opinion.

He is a good 6' 4" sure handed short area WR. Could be a nice weapon, just lacks desired speed. I am hoping Cole Turner turns into that security type blanket for Howell (or Brissett) . He fits a similar role but bigger. I do agree Milne hasn't done much.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MrJL said:

A tall TE could probably fill the role that Sims played, as much as I like him.  So maybe Cole Turner

Nah not really.  I think Dyami Brown is the guy who stepped up last year and showed that he could replace Cam's production on special teams and as a deep threat.  But I do think Cole could be the red zone threat that Cam was for us.

Sims was a really good core player who could do a lot that went unnoticed.