Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

Would love to see what it would cost to get Damian Harris, FA RB from New England. Team him with BRob and that's a power tandem much like NE used with Rhamondre Stevenson. We aren't paying much money to our RB room right now and he'd be a solid addition. Love BRob but asking a back to be the sole workhorse for 17 games is a big ask these days. 

Getting another tackle or guard and LB would be great.   Xmas list would be a 1yr Gesiki signing but seems like they like our youth at TE.  But if it could we a wash in cap money by cutting Logan and getting Gesicki, that would be a great get.

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Would love to see what it would cost to get Damian Harris, FA RB from New England. Team him with BRob and that's a power tandem much like NE used with Rhamondre Stevenson. We aren't paying much money to our RB room right now and he'd be a solid addition. Love BRob but asking a back to be the sole workhorse for 17 games is a big ask these days. 

I’m trading for Ekeler. Get it done. He’s got a couple of top level production years left in him easily.

• Like 1

• Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... Payne, Gates, RT Wylie, LB Barton, QB Brissett Gone: Heinicke, Holcomb
1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Week 5?  Try week 3 if Howell doesn't light it up out of the gate.  You know those impatient mother****ers are out there.

You’re both wrong. Try preseason. Howell struggles with the ones and Brissett crushes the second and third. There will definitely be people out there saying Howell sucks and we need to make the change prior to the season and losing a game or two. 

It happens all the time throughout the league. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

You’re both wrong. Try preseason. Howell struggles with the ones and Brissett crushes the second and third. There will definitely be people out there saying Howell sucks and we need to make the change prior to the season and losing a game or two. 

It happens all the time throughout the league. 

You mean try training camp lol...reports start coming in that Howell looks inaccurate and several "If this were a live game, that pass would (fill in the blank)"-type statements get attached to his name while Brissett looks comfortable and mostly on-target, that groundswell of voices wanting Brissett to be named starter will begin and only build each day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Won't happen but I'd love to see a combination of DJ Chark, Terry, and Dotson out there. Good luck DB's :) 

I'd take that....Chark is a nice 4th and redzone option who can get deep.

Ebada is back....per NFL Network ticker.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I watched a session where there were no fans.  I just can't remember if it was him or not.

His footwork is extremely MEH though.  

Yes. He is a bit of a project but in the late rounds.... he is a gamer for sure. Starter for the back to back champs.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Poor decisions today, I hate to be a downer but it's the truth.  Brissett at 10M is too much.  Could have the same production with someone like Rush, Lock, or Minshew for less money.  Also could have drafted Bennett or Duggan.  

Should have prioritized Holcomb.  Our weakest group just got even weaker.  

I'd have paid $15m of somebody else's money not to have to watch our previous backup QB play 15 games again next season, to be honest with you.  

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Time to add an offensive playmaker I think, and no Cam Sims doesn’t fit that bill for me.

They don't have to, really. WR is basically set with McLaurin, Dotson and Samuel.  Big questions about D. Brown.  But having a QB who can get the ball deep and a better offensive system might help him.

Gibson and Robinson are fine at RB.

TE ... I mean, they really like the young guys.  

Could they upgrade from Gibson?  Yeah.  But I dunno.  

I think they should draft a guy with a ton of speed in the late rounds and see what happens, but I wouldn't focus on it.  Yet.  

Cam will be back eventually when he realizes nobody else is going to sign him.  

27 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Is the Reaves tender to be factored in as well yet ? 

We’ll see some corresponding cap moves coming soon.

Might be soon, might be after the draft, but the guys who you can expect to see something done with are Leno and Rouiller.  

I would extend Leno and lesson the cap.  For an average starting LT or really good backup, he's good to keep around.  Rouiller I would release but I'm not sure they can since he ended the season on IR and hasn't been cleared yet.  I think they would have to reach an injury settlement with him.  And that might not happen until after the draft so they can see what they've got. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Won't happen but I'd love to see a combination of DJ Chark, Terry, and Dotson out there. Good luck DB's :) 

I’m in on Mecole Hardman.

Wondered if we’d consider Parris Campbell, close with Terry Mc I believe.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

any FA RBs you guys like? Aside from trading for Ekeler, I think we need to sign a guy. We are pretty bare at RB right now. I don’t think EB will be very impressed with Gibson.

Don't sign.

Draft.  This regime has proven they know how to pick RBs.  They signed McKissic, drafted Gibson and Robinson.  

Also, I kindof like the guys they have behind Gibby and Robinson.  And EB should help them as well.

I'm putting a lot of stock in EB being better at a lot of things than Turner.  And I was one of the guys who gave Turner more of the benefit of the doubt than anybody.  So that's saying something.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ben breaks big news: Gibby and BRob ACTUALLY LIVE HERE!  Didn't saying anything about PLAYING here, but goshdarn if they don't live here!

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

RB is the worst position of all to throw money at. You can draft a guy or get an UDFA that can contribute day 1.

I have zero interest in picking up an FA RB. I have less in trading for Ekler.

I would draft Gibby's eventual replacement this year.

I would love to get a FA WR to replace Dax as our PR guy, like Hardman.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

@Riggo-toni You should update the thread title.  For our dear departed former backup QB, it should be [REDACTED].

YARN | We do not speak his name. | Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone  (2001) | Video clips by quotes | 6bbda173 | 紗

:P

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

I would love to get a FA WR to replace Dax as our PR guy, like Hardman.

Dax needs to very much not be on the team next year. 

They should be able to find a guy for cheap though who can do more than run 2 yards sideways and fall down.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1