Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

Just now, method man said:

I’d rather they draft a tackle and center. You then have Gates, Paul, Lucas and the center as reserves assuming Larsen or Roullier come back

We already signed Larsen back

Just now, method man said:

I’d rather they draft a tackle and center. You then have Gates, Paul, Lucas and the center as reserves assuming Larsen or Roullier come back

who's our LG in this scenario?   Cause I really feel like Norwell was pretty replaceable

4 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

8-10 mil is too much, 3-5 was what i was hoping they would spend on a backup, and JB was who i wanted them to sign

They got one of the few backups we can reasonably expect to be better than TH at basically the same price he was looking for. Its a win honestly. 

Though I was looking to save money at the spot myself so I know where you are coming from. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

My fear is the fans going to be clamoring for Brissett by Week 5 if Howell struggles early.

Yeah, but he probably gets at least out of the first quarter of the first game without the idiot fans chanting for a talentless bad QB, and that's something.  

Fans are going to clamor for the backup QB no matter what.  

But first thing's first: Howell has to go win the job.  I don't think Ron/EB are going to start Howell, potentially with a new owner with their jobs on the line if they believe Jacoby is a better option to win games.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Stetson Bennett is a name I will be keeping an eye on late in the draft.

If I'm remembering correctly, I was watching some of his throwing drills at the combine, and he was having trouble hitting a guy running against air. 

If that's any indication of his accuracy....  eeeeeeeeee. 

Don't know why anyone would think 10 mill is too much for Jacoby. So we are paying our QB room what 10.5 mill now. No matter what that's a great deal. And with how our QBs go down we need 2 minimum. I didn't expect this but I am very happy with it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

Poor decisions today, I hate to be a downer but it's the truth.  Brissett at 10M is too much.  Could have the same production with someone like Rush, Lock, or Minshew for less money.  Also could have drafted Bennett or Duggan.  

Should have prioritized Holcomb.  Our weakest group just got even weaker.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Poor decisions today, I hate to be a downer but it's the truth.  Brissett at 10M is too much.  Could have the same production with someone like Rush, Lock, or Minshew for less money.  Also could have drafted Bennett or Duggan.  

Should have prioritized Holcomb.  Our weakest group just got even weaker.  

$10m for Brissett is fine.  We also don't know if they added a voidable year, what they did with structure.

Brissett, in an AWFUL situation last year with the whole Watson thing, did surprisingly well, and is better than you think.

It's also possible he starts. 

It seems plan 1 was TH on a 1 year deal for less money, and when he said no, they paid more money to Brissett because he's miles better, but more expensive.

I can live with it.

• Like 3

Youtube isn't letting me post the mic'd up segments.  It did months ago when I pushed Brissett as my top backup option on the QB thread.

He's a leader, plays with fire, high character.  

Perfect option to ensure the season stays afloat on the off chance Howell isn't ready or gets hurt.

NFL Total QBR - 2022 Season Leaders

All NFLAmerican Football ConferenceNational Football ConferenceAFC EastAFC NorthAFC SouthAFC WestNFC EastNFC NorthNFC SouthNFC WestAll NFL
Total QBR - All NFL

heinicke.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

Don't know why anyone would think 10 mill is too much for Jacoby. So we are paying our QB room what 10.5 mill now. No matter what that's a great deal. And with how our QBs go down we need 2 minimum. I didn't expect this but I am very happy with it. 

I wanted them to sign jacoby, i just think its a little high 

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They got one of the few backups we can reasonably expect to be better than TH at basically the same price he was looking for. Its a win honestly. 

Though I was looking to save money at the spot myself so I know where you are coming from. 

And.....if Brissett needs to play we can still win games. We play to win the games. 

Didn't they say $8M guaranteed but up to $10M...assuming that is for amount of playing time.

Baker got $8.5M with incentives and I'd rather have JB as he is mobile and that could bode well if the offense has a lot of rollouts like KC runs.

Howell has the mobility too so could be a great mentor and fit with both in this system.

• Like 1