Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Dallas at Washington ~ Sonny Days Rookie QB Plays

TK
Message added by TK,

2081883885_ScreenShot2023-01-08at7_29_23PM.thumb.png.5c13c0609666b46a45d4dfa341d30cf7.png

Thought about starting a 2023 off season thread. But I will just post my thoughts here.

Payne is number one for me. We have to resign him. He was at times completely dominant this year. Cant let him leave.

Slye needs competition in camp. Wouldnt even mind a FA rookie in camp to compete against him.

The OL needs pretty much a full overhaul. First rounder needs to go there IMO. 

Need a starting CB out of the draft as well.

Need to get Reaves back as well. He is a UFA. 

Defense is pretty solid overall IMO. Offense has plenty of weapons. Fix the OL, add some secondary depth and let Howell learn this off season and this is a playoff team. 

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 10/16/2022 at 12:33 PM, BigDibbs31 said:

There is a long list of college QBs who were elite throwers or deep-ball throwers that had little to no success in the NFL. I will eat crow when Howell proves he is a better deep-ball thrower than Wentz in actual NFL games. 

Did you read the message I was quoting? The guy said Howell is a better deep ball thrower than Wentz...not TH. 

:)

All good my man. You're not the first nor will be the last to doubt me.

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, slinky said:

Hopefully this is the LAST Commanders football ever.

I mean I suppose every potential buyer is  designing their own new logo and new uniform in case they get the team, but I think that's presumptuous

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

"Let's run Curtis Samuel" Really is Scott's version of Jay Grudens fade route obsession. 

Its painful to watch any failed WR run.  Often getting mauled 5 yards behind the LOS by a lineman.

59 minutes ago, skins4ever28 said:

This board never understood sarcasm

Its takes some years to realize sarcasm isn't obvious when typed and is best not used when speaking to hundreds of strangers. 

56 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Cowboys are pathetic. They're gonna get trounced by the Bucs in round 1.

That is what they do. Its a revolving door of the same old hype/garbage.

-Offense can be elite at times. But also has a QB that leads the league in picks despite missing 5 games.

- Play to opponents level. (Play up to Cincinnati, Philadelphia etc.) Play down to opponent (Houston).

- Projected to win, they lay stinkers (Washington, Jacksonville).

- They play much better when they have no expectations. This is why they will likely beat Tampa (they are favored by 2.5 now). Then they will turn around and be blown out like they were in 2009.

- Ever since Terence Steele went down they have averaged less than 3.7 YPC.

Either way, one heck of a win for Washington. I remember being at the game in 2007 in the rain and getting stomped 27-6. Nothing but respect and hats off for the butt kicking. Howell has figured out what other QBs have and Dallas has no options at LCB. 

Edited by DeMarco Murray 29
  • Like 2