Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Dallas at Washington ~ Sonny Days Rookie QB Plays

TK
Message added by TK,

2081883885_ScreenShot2023-01-08at7_29_23PM.thumb.png.5c13c0609666b46a45d4dfa341d30cf7.png

Build the offensive line and bring more athleticism to the LB corps and good things will happen.

2 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

No offense, you are an idiot if you are going to base on any quarterback who played good in just 1 game "It is our quarterback of the future!" 

Well yeah, but you’ve been here since February 2004, so there’s no reason to be surprised by these posts.

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Thought about starting a 2023 off season thread. But I will just post my thoughts here.

Payne is number one for me. We have to resign him. He was at times completely dominant this year. Cant let him leave.

Slye needs competition in camp. Wouldnt even mind a FA rookie in camp to compete against him.

The OL needs pretty much a full overhaul. First rounder needs to go there IMO. 

Need a starting CB out of the draft as well.

Need to get Reaves back as well. He is a UFA. 

Defense is pretty solid overall IMO. Offense has plenty of weapons. Fix the OL, add some secondary depth and let Howell learn this off season and this is a playoff team. 

Not a chance they are resigning Payne.  He is going to command too much based on his play this past year.  They are going to need to spend that money on the OL.  

1 minute ago, glongest said:

Not a chance they are resigning Payne.  He is going to command too much based on his play this past year.  They are going to need to spend that money on the OL.  

Tag him and get some draft picks for him. 

• Like 2

Have any mathematicians conclusively proven that its always best to go prevent to end the first half when pitching a shutout?

I get it. Late in a game up 3 TD you can go prevent and still win. Gaining the final possession at the end of the first half is all the rage yet we see JDR after manhandling Dallas go to prevent to close out the half. It's the only time Dallas scored.

I don't get it. You keep attacking and hey if you get burned guess what you get the ball back with lots of time. You go prevent and its almost a lock to give up points while doing so leave ourselves NO time. A big reason to use prevent is to ensure the offense burns the clock.

I bet the record will show prevent is best saved for end of the games only.  Just because its been done in the NFL for 5 decades doesn't make it right. We've seen dramatic changes in the past decade yet prevent at the end of the first half still remains common place. We had Dak on the ropes and let him march down the field.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Have any mathematicians conclusively proven that its always best to go prevent to end the first half when pitching a shutout?

I get it. Late in a game up 3 TD you can go prevent and safely win. Gaining the final possession at the end of the first half is all the rage yet we see JDR after manhandling Dallas go to prevent to close out the half. It's the only time Dallas scored.

I don't get it. You keep attacking and hey if you get burned guess what you get the ball back with lots of time. You go prevent and its almost a lock to give up points while doing so leave ourselves NO time.

I bet the record will show prevent is best saved for end of the games only.  Just because its been done in the NFL for 5 decades doesn't make it right. We've seen dramatic changes in the past decade yet prevent at the end of the first half still remains common place. We had Dak on the ropes and let him march down the field.

Coaches by nature are a scared and conservative bunch.

2 hours ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

No offense, you are an idiot if you are going to base on any quarterback who played good in just 1 game "It is our quarterback of the future!" 

No that's not the safe way to do that. 🙂

Just disagree with the poster without the insult unless you can find a volunteer tutor who will help you learn how to do it right in pm. I'm not him.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

Dont know if this was posted, but he has one vote from the captain and face of the franchise. he's stamped to compete for QB1 next year

So we've gone from "Terry not wanting back unless Taylor is replaced" to "wants to play with Taylor over Wentz and we could lose the team" to now an endorsement of Howell competing for the starting spot in 2023?

I think Terry jus wants to win and floats with whatever QB he believes gives him the best chance to do it here. All while trying to be as much of a class act about it as he can.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 2

Man…..kinda starting to hit me that this is the final Washington Gameday thread until august…….(when I’m sure the complaining/criticism/bust-calling/ETC will occur again). 17 of these just don’t seem like enough. Hey commodes, can we get some more for next year, please?? 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, glongest said:

Easy to keep pain tag him the tag is much less than what he can make. And then offer him the same contract allen has. If he doesnt take it then tag him again next year and let him go after two more seasons

I watched the entire game and unless I missed it, and I could have, I never heard the broadcast mention one time about Snyder selling the team, maybe they have a new owner next year nothing.  Did I miss it?  If that is the case to me that is very strange.  Also never saw them pan in the suites for Dan and his group or Jerry Jones.  Again I found that to be really strange.  And then the Junkies said this morning that Dan was not at the game.  Is that really true?  They did this whole thing for Sonny and Dan was not even there.  Is that really true?  Does anyone know the truth?

1 hour ago, glongest said:

I watched the entire game and unless I missed it, and I could have, I never heard the broadcast mention one time about Snyder selling the team, maybe they have a new owner next year nothing.  Did I miss it?  If that is the case to me that is very strange.  Also never saw them pan in the suites for Dan and his group or Jerry Jones.  Again I found that to be really strange.  And then the Junkies said this morning that Dan was not at the game.  Is that really true?  They did this whole thing for Sonny and Dan was not even there.  Is that really true?  Does anyone know the truth?

He wasn't there. The network 100% would have put a camera on him if he was.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Tag and trade Payne. He had 11 sacks so some playoff team that struggles against the run may offer a 1 for him. Or maybe we package Payne along with a package of picks to move up in the draft for a QB. 

Is there a QB in this draft worthy of it?

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I want to keep Payne too, but I feel like he's going to demand a TON and we won't offer him that because we can't possibly pay him more than Allen.

It's tough man, but from what I can tell, the strength of the defense isn't the dline, it's our DTs.

If I had to choose between Payne and Sweat, it's Payne in a heartbeat.  And bless Allen's heart, but thr cap is rising so contracts get bigger, and Payne tied Butz record for sacks by a DT, not him.

If Ron says he's gonna fight tooth and nail to bring him back I believe him and support him.  Not all these players in line for extension are of equal importance to the performance of an entire units of our football team.

Edited by Renegade7