Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

On 3/13/2024 at 3:33 AM, Simmsy said:

I was waiting for you guys to add this detail to Ken Buck leaving, haven't seen this mentioned much. It looks like Lauren Boebert might be out before she ever gets in...

She puts her CPAP on way too tight. It continues to suck out what little soul she has left. It’s like the CPAP is a dementor. It’s a face only an inanimate object could love. 

3 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I think one of the Democratic congressmen said during the latest hearing, if you have a crime that you can refer to DOJ then you have a crime for impeachment.  They don't have a crime for impeachment so what are they going to refer to the DOJ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Is this real? Its hard to tell anymore...didn't Gaetz just say he wouldn't? Who is MTG taking orders from? I know Gaetz is on the outside looking in on the GOP, does this mean there is another sub fracture in the party for more division? Am I going to get to smoke myself stupid and laugh at C-SPAN until 1am again? I would love for all of this to happen!

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Is this real? Its hard to tell anymore...didn't Gaetz just say he wouldn't? Who is MTG taking orders from? I know Gaetz is on the outside looking in on the GOP, does this mean there is another sub fracture in the party for more division? Am I going to get to smoke myself stupid and laugh at C-SPAN until 1am again? I would love for all of this to happen!

It’s real. She just did a press gaggle.

It might not work this time, as some Dems might vote Johnson to end this silliness.

The next congress will be getting rid of this, one person calling for removal of speaker.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Larry said:

Am I wrong, or is today the deadline to avoid a government shutdown?  

Yes, by midnight:

House Passes Spending Bill to Avert Shutdown, Prompting G.O.P. Mutiny

The House on Friday passed a $1.2 trillion spending bill to fund the government through September and avert a partial shutdown at the end of the week, setting off a G.O.P. mutiny that threatened Speaker Mike Johnson’s hold on his job.

Passage of the bill, just hours ahead of Saturday’s 12:01 a.m. shutdown deadline, set off a sprint in the Senate to avert a lapse in funding. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just watched her MTG 12+ minute press gaggle.  Our press sucks.  They should ask her about Russia.  Ask her why she called it a Democrat bill when it was bipartisan.  They did poke her on how she thinks this process will go.

Conservative hard right is just being loud when they don't have the political power they wish they had. Dumping McCarthy was a mistake. 

• Like 1

I want no mercy once Dems have the votes and majority from all these resignations to make Jefferies the Speaker of the House.

Don't hit me with that "will of the people via the election" BS...the people have spoken already, enough is enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

Rachel Maddow in a suit, but he's wrong.  The extremists won't get emboldened.  You voted for the extremists whether you wanted a moderate GOPer or something else.  Just don't vote for the GOP because they let the extremists run things.

• Thanks 2