Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

I imagine scalise is sitting there laughing thinking “this is why I withdrew…”

it seems obvious to me the republicans are unable to nominate someone their party can get behind. 

it is now time for the largest group of people to find someone enough democrats will agree to work with. 

else risk these 25 starting to vote present, handing the speakership to Jeffries 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

If Jordan continues in the face of more GOP members deserting him, the only conclusion I can reach is that he is counting on the intimidation of those members by hard-liners.  And I don't doubt for a second that while he would never say it, he wouldn't care if the threats of violence against those members continue enough that they have second thoughts about their no votes. 

Because that's how little I trust his character.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yeah, regardless of the political ideological differences, GOP at the federal level are showing they can't govern.  Theres nothing to debate here...

Well. In the house. 

the senate just voted unanimously to let the dems fill Fiensteins seats on committees with majority party (dem) members. 

the senate is at least somewhat functional and has a little bit of professionalism to them. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yeah, regardless of the political ideological differences, GOP at the federal level are showing they can't govern.  Theres nothing to debate here...

Curious, is there a current example of good governing at the State level by the GOP that you can point to?

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 2

GOP side and many Dems cheering the tally announcement of McHenry's 6 votes.  Interesting...

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

They should choose Ron Rivera. Everyone wins.

You know what he would tell them:

Do your job.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1