Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBC: The reign of big butts may be ending, but experts say our obsession is worrying

China

The reign of big butts may be ending, but experts say our obsession is worrying

After almost a decade of our cultural obsession with twerking, peach emojis and Brazilian butt lifts, 2022 apparently marked the end of the era of the big booty.

On TikTok, users speculated that Kim Kardashian had her butt implants removed (a procedure she never confirmed having in the first place). Cardi B recently shared that she had her own implants removed and cautioned others against getting butt injections. And the New York Post ran a headline that said "Bye-bye booty" and declared that heroin chic was back.

Some critics swiftly shot back, saying that women's bodies should not be reduced to trends. They also pointed out the inherent racism in declaring that a particular physical attribute that many women of colour have naturally is no longer desirable.

If all this debate and discussion over a woman's backside seems familiar, it's because this sort of thing has happened before — a lot, actually. Back in 2014, Vogue wrote that we were "officially in the era of the big booty" and was met with much backlash. (The original article is no longer available online.) 

Click on the link for the full article

Feel free to post photos in support of your position for or against big butts.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, China said:

The reign of big butts may be ending, but experts say our obsession is worrying

After almost a decade of our cultural obsession with twerking, peach emojis and Brazilian butt lifts, 2022 apparently marked the end of the era of the big booty.

On TikTok, users speculated that Kim Kardashian had her butt implants removed (a procedure she never confirmed having in the first place). Cardi B recently shared that she had her own implants removed and cautioned others against getting butt injections. And the New York Post ran a headline that said "Bye-bye booty" and declared that heroin chic was back.

Some critics swiftly shot back, saying that women's bodies should not be reduced to trends. They also pointed out the inherent racism in declaring that a particular physical attribute that many women of colour have naturally is no longer desirable.

If all this debate and discussion over a woman's backside seems familiar, it's because this sort of thing has happened before — a lot, actually. Back in 2014, Vogue wrote that we were "officially in the era of the big booty" and was met with much backlash. (The original article is no longer available online.) 

Click on the link for the full article

Feel free to post photos in support of your position for or against big butts.

How would a flat butt writer even understand?

The trend started damn near +60 years ago in the so called black community.

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Personally, I am not a fan of cosmetic surgery. So many people start looking plastic to me. Also, there are so many people running fraudulent procedures with all sorts of questionable substances that can kill you. 

I guess you and the article writer don’t have a problem with breast implants. Nothing wrong with a lil silicone.

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

You should read some of the racial stuff that comes from articles like this.

BBLs come from the insecurity of people that want to be popular. They gain the attention they need and then having a big butt again is gross (edit. only outside of the so called black community).

Almost line Fox TV in the 90s, versus Fox TV now.

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

dIF4EeU4cM6AKh_0wlkryXKzcB0vp9E6zZC7IbgH

This is not a big butt.

Edited by ClaytoAli

1 hour ago, ClaytoAli said:

I guess you and the article writer don’t have a problem with breast implants. Nothing wrong with a lil silicone.

You're wrong, I really abhor breast implants for vanity sake. And I dated (shortly) a woman with breast implants and stopped because they don't feel real. If a woman has breast cancer and wants them that's different to me. I've not dated a woman with breast cancer. 

Watching that Botched show with people correcting procedures previously done on them is like watching a horror movie to me.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 5