Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The 49ers ~ "Playoffs? Playoffs? Did you say Playoffs?"

zCommander

9 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Bringing in Wentz could turn into the dumbest thing this team has done in at least a few years. He better play well and also win because if he doesn't and gets hurt anyway then they are probably stuck with that contract for a guy who wouldn't be on the team otherwise.

That'll end up being a lot worse than losing that 2nd rounder for him if he never got hurt.

That's a great point, man. Right now Wentz is dead weight.

It was a terrible idea by RR. The man just can't seem to tie down or evaluate a good QB for us.

It's Christmas season and I'm feeling optimistic. Need our safeties to play up and limit Kittle/McCaffrey as much as possible. We do not want our LBs trying to cover those guys. D-line has to force a ton of pressure to keep the burden off the CBs in 1 on 1 coverage. 

17 Commies

14 Niners

I'm in Boston at the moment, can't watch the game on TV, but I have ways. I haven't missed a game in about 7 or 8 years when I had to go to a wedding in Maine. I don't really care about this game, team really burned me and Chase Young is on my **** list. I would like a win, but I expect our record to be the same for a third year. Oh wait, it's better...we have a tie...

3 hours ago, BigDibbs31 said:

It's Christmas season and I'm feeling optimistic. Need our safeties to play up and limit Kittle/McCaffrey as much as possible. We do not want our LBs trying to cover those guys. D-line has to force a ton of pressure to keep the burden off the CBs in 1 on 1 coverage. 

17 Commies

14 Niners

We need to knock Purdy out of this game early...he has bad ribs, hit him and knock him out. Make a few plays on offense and steal the win. This is a huge game for Scott Turner and his play calling....he needs a big game. I expect to have a chance to win this game, especially if St. Juste can go. 

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

We need to knock Purdy out of this game early...he has bad ribs, hit him and knock him out. Make a few plays on offense and steal the win. This is a huge game for Scott Turner and his play calling....he needs a big game. I expect to have a chance to win this game, especially if St. Juste can go. 

Who is the backup to Purdy though?

20 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Anyone going to the game? I just landed and drove by the stadium on way to the hotel. Stadium looks legit from the outside. Too bad they stopped doing the road rallies. We had a crazy ES tailgate up here Sean Taylor’s rookie season. 

I'll be there with my father in Law and daughter.

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, HoggLife said:

I'll be there with my father in Law and daughter.

I’m here with my wife and kids. We went to the amusement park next to the stadium last night and hit up San Francisco today. Ton of Redskins fans everywhere.

2E302404-13C5-434E-8B9C-5EAE377820A6.thumb.jpeg.0ecc3f32439280da94f92bce812c7dce.jpeg964E85CE-5A26-4088-A80B-4D4D4C445318.thumb.jpeg.3803a31b38b5514cbdaad3cbaea6c975.jpeg

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

5 hours ago, zCommander said:

Turner and team will need to come out firing and with no game turning mistakes. I still think it is a winnable game though. Moxie or pixie dust whatever it takes needs to happen. 

I'm hoping that Turner has finally gotten the picture / delusion of Robinson will be able to power out 6-8 yds per rush and start using some PAP on 1st downs. He needs to get TH or whoever the QB is out of the pocket on designed roll-outs to help extend plays and give the QB a better view of the field. He's got 6-5  300# + giants battling in front of him and as porous and weak as the o-line is in pass blocking it would buy a few more seconds and the option of taking off running.

This is what I don't get; TH did this alot starting out but especially this year he's been staying in the pocket, and I certainly hope Turner sees the problem in that and makes adjustments, or he will just be playing into SF's hands.

5 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

We need to blitz from all over the place... B52 blitz from the LB.  Corner blitz... Safety blitz.   Heck... dial up a punter blitz, so Tress can get in there too.

Blitz everyone.

Best Gary Oldman Leon Everyone GIFs | Gfycat

Edited by petey hodge
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think the 49ers winning in a shutout is highly likely.  Heinicke leaves points on the field every week, but the 9ers may not even afford him the opportunity.  I can see the Washington offense being completely overwhelmed leading to easy points for the Niners offense or even a defensive TD or two.  We can't dismiss some hangover from the Giants loss either.  OTOH, I believe the Washington defense will play respectably.  

49ers 27

Washington 6