Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The 49ers ~ "Playoffs? Playoffs? Did you say Playoffs?"

zCommander

6 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Oh nice! I was supposed to be going with a bigger group but once the schedule released and they all saw Christmas Eve....it scared them away.  In fact, I wasn't going to go to the game, but out of character I decided at the last minute to say what the hell and go anyway.  Yeah I know Orangevale, I throw discs at shady oaks frequently.  

Not sure how long you have been around these forums, but I used to be a big tailgater and helped organize the events when the team hit any of the west coast opponents, but I was young & single with more disposable income back then.  Seems like a lifetime ago at this point.  I grabbed a parking pass for the Green Lot, it is in the non-tailgating section, just because for this specific game it is more about getting out of there ASAP after the game because it can be a nightmare.  At least the game is at 1pm so it'll be over by later afternoon and we should be home in time for a "proper Christmas eve"  

I'll admit I am little more dejected going into this game than I would have been had they beat the NYG.  Not that it would have made a huge difference regarding my thoughts on this game, but I think my demeanor would have been different and less stressed.  

This will be my second time at the Stadium, first to see The Commanders.  Hoping for a big upset, but I am also realistic when matching these two teams up with the current available rosters.  If the game is competitive and in question going into the 4th quarter, I will be content. 

Bro we need to hook up. I throw disc's too and got some cool stories. I've seen you on this site for years. I've moved around a lot. Grew up in Citrus Heights but moved away. I moved back a couple months ago for the 1st time in 25 years. I'm 7 minutes away from Shady Oaks. I have been around ES since like 2002ish. I tailgated with fans in San Diego like idk 12 years ago and then again in December of 2019 when I went to my 1st home game against the Giants where we lost but it helped us get Chase Young. This is also my 2nd time to this stadium. My 1st was the last time we played here. It doesn't compare to Candlestick. I have many great memories at Candlestick. Shoot me a text message. I'm a family man myself so even if we don't happen to meet up for this game we can throw docs or do some family stuff together. I always take my kids like hiking, to the lake, camping ect. My phone number is (209)303-9057 and my name is also Mike lol. 

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

Bro we need to hook up. I throw disc's too and got some cool stories. I've seen you on this site for years. I've moved around a lot. Grew up in Citrus Heights but moved away. I moved back a couple months ago for the 1st time in 25 years. I'm 7 minutes away from Shady Oaks. I have been around ES since like 2002ish. I tailgated with fans in San Diego like idk 12 years ago and then again in December of 2019 when I went to my 1st home game against the Giants where we lost but it helped us get Chase Young. This is also my 2nd time to this stadium. My 1st was the last time we played here. It doesn't compare to Candlestick. I have many great memories at Candlestick. Shoot me a text message. I'm a family man myself so even if we don't happen to meet up for this game we can throw docs or do some family stuff together. I always take my kids like hiking, to the lake, camping ect. My phone number is (209)303-9057 and my name is also Mike lol. 

I am part of a local tag group called Low Xpectations, we just wrapped our final tag round for 2022 last weekend but we are doing a New Years Eve  "Before the hangover" round on Saturday the 31st at Rocklin course, which I assume you know where it is.  We are always looking to expand the group, we are up to about 25ish people now.  This round is more unofficial for fun, the official stuff starts back up in January.  If you're interested, I'll shoot you a text and/or you can look up Low Xpectations group on facebook.  

Yeah I am a family man now too, don't get to throw discs like I used to and my game has suffered because of it.  I used to be the guy who'd always have a change of clothes in the car and hit the course after work, now I am picking the kids up from school instead.  But I still manage to get out there (various courses) on most Saturdays. 

Candlestick definitely had the character & history.  I was there in 1999 for the OT win to clinch the NFC East, that was actually my first NFL game ever. I like Levi well enough, but I also think part of it is because of how new it still looks & feels.  

*cheers*

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I am part of a local tag group called Low Xpectations, we just wrapped our final tag round for 2022 last weekend but we are doing a New Years Eve  "Before the hangover" round on Saturday the 31st at Rocklin course, which I assume you know where it is.  We are always looking to expand the group, we are up to about 25ish people now.  This round is more unofficial for fun, the official stuff starts back up in January.  If you're interested, I'll shoot you a text and/or you can look up Low Xpectations group on facebook.  

Yeah I am a family man now too, don't get to throw discs like I used to and my game has suffered because of it.  I used to be the guy who'd always have a change of clothes in the car and hit the course after work, now I am picking the kids up from school instead.  But I still manage to get out there (various courses) on most Saturdays. 

Candlestick definitely had the character & history.  I was there in 1999 for the OT win to clinch the NFC East, that was actually my first NFL game ever. I like Levi well enough, but I also think part of it is because of how new it still looks & feels.  

*cheers*

Being gone 14 years and only back a couple months Shady Oaks is the only course I've thrown since being here. I'm totally down to get a tag with your group and throw with you guys. I use to throw daily but same with me with opening my own business and kids I went a couple years without throwing so I just need to get back out there consistaly and it will all come back. 

1 minute ago, HoggLife said:

Being gone 14 years and only back a couple months Shady Oaks is the only course I've thrown since being here. I'm totally down to get a tag with your group and throw with you guys. I use to throw daily but same with me with opening my own business and kids I went a couple years without throwing so I just need to get back out there consistaly and it will all come back. 

Ok man, I'll throw your number in my phone and shoot you a text sometime in the next week.  If you're able to make it for the Hangover tag round cool, if not, we have our inaugural 2023 kickoff tag round in January some time. Rocklin course is the next closest, I think the park is called Johnson-Springview park.  Just down the road from shady oaks actually. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 6:49 AM, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

I actually agree that this is exactly what is going to happen.  

Sadly, it will. These 49ers are for real. 

The only possible way I see us winning this game is by relentlessly pressuring their new QB. Otherwise, this game will be over by halftime.

Their QB is very very good when he has time to throw. Like scary good. You have to blitz the guy.

There is a silver lining. You Heine Haters will finally get to see Wentz play another game if they smash us, if only as a last gasp option.

I don't expect a miracle, though. 

SF: 36

WSH: 9

Edited by El Mexican
Clarity

On 12/20/2022 at 11:54 AM, Hdf561 said:

Giants was a must win and now the season is pretty much over.

Wat? No it's not. The only other teams vying for the last spot are us, Seattle, and Detroit. Seattle plays KC this week has a good Jets team the week after. Detroit has an easier schedule (CAR, CHI, GB) but they still need to finish with one more win than we do because of our tie.

I don't think we are a serious competitor at all, but saying the season is over is a bit hyperbole. We have winnable games against Cleveland and a Dallas team that's likely to be resting players in Week 18.

3 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Going up against Trent. That will be interesting to watch

Doesn't chase primarily line up on the left side against the RT? I'd imagine Sweat will go up against Trent since he's been healthy.

Edited by ExoDus84

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

Doesn't chase primarily line up on the left side against the RT? I'd imagine Sweat will go up against Trent since he's been healthy.

I remember him over the left O-L-tackle and Sweat covered the right..The Cam sack against the Patriots and the interceptions before that. My memory could be wrong but *I* think thats right. Trent is the Left Tackle. But it's possible they let Sweat continue over the L tackle since thats where he's been playing

I think it’s probably about 17-0 at hall time, 49ers. I have no faith in a TH led, run first offense working against a team that just doesn’t get run on.  They’re going to try and run on early downs and get stuffed, leading to known passing situations which is disaster. 

34-17 at the end of the game after Wentz relieves TH.  

Wemtz will play ok and hit a few big plays, though also takes a few sacks.

With any luck that’s the last time TH takes a snap for Washington, as he’s signed to a 2 year $20m contract by the Cardinals and proceeds to go 0-17 as a starter without his moxie, which is actually Terry McLaurin, who’s staying in Washington. 

Fourty9ers 52

RedCommFootandTeamballskinders 17

If Wentz comes into the game the Oline will get obliterated and give up 10 sacks.  Taylor can at least move around a little.

Robinson looked great against the Vagiants and that gives me hope but I don't think there is any way Howell comes into the game.  Even after the stink of this loss wears off and until they are mathematically eliminated Howell won't play this year.

Edited by Thirtyfive2seven

2 hours ago, petey hodge said:

We did the Do or Die thing... let's NOT do it again...

Not gonna get into a long drawn out debate about the past (not saying you would, but I have no doubt others would try)

Lets just say I feel a lot better about this staff in regards to player safety than that one.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Not gonna get into a long drawn out debate about the past (not saying you would, but I have no doubt others would try)

Lets just say I feel a lot better about this staff in regards to player safety than that one.

No debate from me...  I live in seattle.  I died a little that night... when we went up 14-0 and shut the F up for all my Seahawk trashtalking friends... only to see the wheels literally come off a magical season.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, El Mexican said:

There is a silver lining. You Heine Haters will finally get to see Wentz play another game if they smash us, if only as a last gasp option.

I don't expect a miracle, though. 

Bringing in Wentz could turn into the dumbest thing this team has done in at least a few years. He better play well and also win because if he doesn't and gets hurt anyway then they are probably stuck with that contract for a guy who wouldn't be on the team otherwise.

That'll end up being a lot worse than losing that 2nd rounder for him if he never got hurt.