Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Giants ~ DJ Meets Moxie Maker: Part Deux - Paloffs Is NOW!!!

zCommander

I am just an idiot fan, but the way I take Ron's comments on Chase are that physically he is ready, as far as the injury being healed, however what Chase needs is the mental hurdle to trust his body again.  Now what's interesting to me is that usually that mental hurdle has to happen with reps on the field in an actual game, right?  The player has to go out there, get bodied up by the opponent, and almost inadvertently be forced into using the body part that was repaired and after a few instances of that where they realize "oh look, that didn't hurt at all, and I was actually able to push off on that leg" etc etc......I am wondering if Rivera understands this, but because of a combination of how the D-line is playing already and the fact that most of our games are so razor-thin close, that Ron doesn't want to sacrifice any reps in games that he doesn't absolutely have to, and maybe he's worried that putting Chase out there in the normal mental state of a player coming back from this kind of injury, could cost them some potential big plays.

Now if at this point it isn't THAT or something along those lines, then I give up assuming that Chase is even physically ready. 

• Like 2

I still am having flashbacks to the first game, in OT, when we marched right to midfield like it was nothing at all, then bumbled our way backwards.  The first game was about missed opportunities.  I don't think the Giants showed much in that game to suggest they were a "few plays away" where as the Commanders racked up 400 yards of offense and have a few clear aspects that if they shore up should lead to a win.  

Gonna be a lot of nervous energy on here Sunday night. Heinicke has to have the best game of his career. He has to know he is running out of time to cement a spot in the NFL. Needs to run when the opportunity presents itself. Perform the RPO with an unbiased eye. All the Swirling Heiny hole, down drain, short, weak armed, best QB ever has to be put on the back burner in his head. Play like its your last game and get us a win. Get it done son.

• Like 2

I'm sure it's been posted/discussed here but when I saw that Twitter post of Sweat followed by Chase hitting the sled, I immediately thought he didn't look ready. We'll see if he goes but I personally doubt it.

As for the game/topic of the thread: I can't help feeling like the Giants are on the verge of collapse and that we're the better team. We should be getting some of our guys back this week and I think we'll do a better job of containing Jones this time around. Getting off the field on 3rd down will be crucial, as always. I'm thinking 2 or more turnovers for the Giants and one of our own, as well. 2 touchdowns and 2 field goals from the offense gets it done. I think they'll punch it in in the red zone off one of the defensive turnovers and settle for 3 on another.

WASH - 20

NY - 10

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I still am having flashbacks to the first game, in OT, when we marched right to midfield like it was nothing at all, then bumbled our way backwards.  The first game was about missed opportunities.  I don't think the Giants showed much in that game to suggest they were a "few plays away" where as the Commanders racked up 400 yards of offense and have a few clear aspects that if they shore up should lead to a win.  

I still remember the horror of being down 7 with 4:00 on the clock on our own 10 yard line.

16 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

I still remember the horror of being down 7 with 4:00 on the clock on our own 10 yard line.

Is this a competition?

I can remember all the way back to the horror of Theismann throwing that screen pass at the end of the first half and then losing horribly to the Raiders in the Super Bowl.....

Edited by SkinsFTW

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

At this point I’d just prefer they end his season officially. Just a lost season from him at this point, very disappointed 

I'm starting to get concerned about his career....very premature but look how fast Reuben Foster disappeared from the league after his terrible injury. Will Chase come back just as good as he was before? It doesn't look that way for this season based on the reports we're getting....

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I was only 7.  But I remember this a bit.

my nightmare is rocket Ismael streaking right through the middle of Mike Nolan’s defense in OT in the 1999 opener.  

Doofus Dan and Vinny agree but I can't find that picture of them pissed off in the booth anymore but it's from that game.

50 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Doofus Dan and Vinny agree but I can't find that picture of them pissed off in the booth anymore but it's from that game.

I wanted to fire Nolan after that game.  He hadn’t even fully built his resume as a horrendous coach yet.  

I get that Dan was being a douche when he left vanilla ice cream in Nolan’s office.  But I might have actually thrown I’ve cream scoops at Nolan’s head if it was me.  Or thrown him out of the building.  From the second floor window.  

EDIT: what did happen to that image? It’s like it’s been erased.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm starting to get concerned about his career....very premature but look how fast Reuben Foster disappeared from the league after his terrible injury. Will Chase come back just as good as he was before? It doesn't look that way for this season based on the reports we're getting....

He will always be the pick that coulda been Tua or Herbert. One more win tha5 year and we would have not sucked bad enough to be able to get Chase Young. 

• Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

EDIT: what did happen to that image? It’s like it’s been erased.  

It used to be part of the WP article for that game but it's not there anymore but it was there a few months ago when I posted it in another thread. What's weird is that all the other pictures are still there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/longterm/1999/gallery/week1/1.htm

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I was only 7.  But I remember this a bit.

my nightmare is rocket Ismael streaking right through the middle of Mike Nolan’s defense in OT in the 1999 opener.  

my nightmare from age 7 was giants 17-0 at the meadowlands.  Ruined the rest of first grade for me

2 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Is this a competition?

I can remember all the way back to the horror of Theismann throwing that screen pass at the end of the first half and then losing horribly to the Raiders in the Super Bowl.....

Oh yeah! Well, I still remember the " win and in " nightmare ,that started after watching John Riggins take it 66 yards to the end zone to put us up 34 - 21, mid-way through the fourth quarter, only to see Roger Staubach lead the cowboys on two scoring drives to beat us 35 - 34.

We missed the playoffs at 10 - 6.

• Like 1