Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday Night Game Night Thread: Washington at Philly - Heinicke's Last Stand, Wentz if it Hurts

TK
Message added by TK,

1520763020_ScreenShot2022-11-14at11_09_58PM.thumb.png.f702b5530a184659b9ace0bd422e8112.png

Just now, Commander PK said:

Taylor is the right guy for this team right now.  They like him and want to play for him.  He makes others play their best ball.

I don’t think people understand how important that is when the team is clearly in your corner.  The team clearly prefers Taylor.  

I probably agree with that or at a minimum no way you can bench him after arguably their biggest win in years. IMO this is bigger than their win versus Tampa or the Steelers the year before that. Every unit played well in this one. 

4 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Can’t win with some of you guys?!

We won and we’re.500 and still alive for the playoffs. Who cares how we won but we did against arguably the best team in football. Who cares how Heinicke looked. He played smart gutsy and clutch. 

Because we have been here before several times, sure we are 500 but there’s no long term hope at the most important position…what good is a playoff run if the next one will come 5 years later 

• Thumb down 1

What a time to have a bye, just in time for a QB controversy. My guess is they're going to put Wentz back as the starter. Dude costs too much money to just have him on the sideline. And the bye week gives him a chance to get his reps in.

3 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

Between the drama of this org and all the **** above him, the season, this win, and losing his mom. This one meant a lot. Big love to RR

Love it.

Anyone who still wants to fire Ron can catch these hands.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

We can kiss that high draft pick goodbye. Tonight is gonna be the best night of the season. Hard not to enjoy after watching a team put up a billboard saying we're going to run the ball, and watch an undefeated team trip over themselves because they can't stop us.

Yeah, I'll GLADLY take this win. We defeated our hated undefeated division rival IN THEIR HOUSE on a Monday night game. Not to mention all the negative Dan Snyder news that's on ESPN every other day (Which is good, hopefully is definitely out of here). Plus this a great gift for Ron Rivera after losing his Mother. 

Our franchise (which is on life support) NEEDED this game......

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, China said:

Yes it is.  For reference, in the divisional playoff game against the Vikings (Jan 15, 1983), when Riggins rolled over the Vikes, they only rushed 42 times.

Riggo went 37 for 185.  That's a cool 5 yards a carry.  There were 5 other carries for 19 yards, 3 by Joey T.  

Conversely, we were 49 for 152. Or 3/1 yards per carry.  

Puts in perspective how good Riggo was.  And the Hogs.  They were SO good.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, AJ* said:

What a time to have a bye, just in time for a QB controversy. My guess is they're going to put Wentz back as the starter. Dude costs too much money to just have him on the sideline. And the bye week gives him a chance to get his reps in.

Ummm…..bye? What bye? We’re @ Houston in 6 days…..we have 3 games before our bye week

10 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

You really gonna sit through seven games of us taking sacks left and right intermixed with 2 yard pass plays, 80 yards of offense, 10 points a game and a gassed defense giving up 3rd and 15s? 

Cause that is what wentz’s commanders team looks like. I’ll pass. You are more of a fan than I am I guess.

Games don't phase me when I've sat through years...

• Sad 1

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ummm…..bye? What bye? We’re @ Houston in 6 days…..we have 3 games before our bye week

Oh really? Well in that case there's no controversy then lol. You can't put Wentz back in with 6 days of prep time.