Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

6 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

At 9 and 8 will we get in? We may need ten. Detroit has a very favorable schudule next 6 game. Also better become big Nyj fans.

Seatte plays

Lar twice, Sf, Car, Kc, and Nyj

Nyg plays 

Us twice, Phl twice and Indy

Det plays

Jacksonville,Minn,Nyj,Car,Chi, and GB

Seahawks (6-5/4-4):  @Rams, Panthers,49ers,@Chiefs,Jets,Rams

Updated going into Week 13

Overall Record/Conference Record

1. Eagles (10-1/6-1):  Titans, @Giants, @Bears, @Boys, Saints, Giants

2. Vikings (9-2/6-2):  Jets, @Lions, Colts, Giants, @Packers, @Bears

3. 49ers (7-4/6-2): Dolphins, Bucs, @Seahawks,Commies,@Raiders,Cards

4. Bucs (5-6/5-2):  Saints, @49ers, Bengals @Cards, Panthers, @Falcons

5. Boys (8-3/7-3):  Colts, Texans, @Jags,Eagles,@Titans,@Commies

6. Giants (7-4/3-4):  Commies, Eagles, @Commies, @Vikings, Colts, @Eagles

7. Commies  (7-5/4-4):   @Giants, Giants, @49ers, Browns, Boys

8. Seahawks (6-5/4-4):  @Rams, Panthers,49ers,@Chiefs,Jets,Rams

9. Falcons. (5-7/4-5):  Steelers, @Saints, @Ravens, Cards, Bucs

Everyone else in the NFC has 3 or 4 wins; doubtful any of those teams enter the playoff picture, even though they are mathematically in it.  Atlanta is still list because someone has to win that NFC South; which could have a division winner with a losing record for the 2nd time.

• Like 1

My look at each team:

They look to finish 15-2/16-1. Only losses I see for them is the rematch with Dallas and maybe one the Giants games. They may rest players for that finale with NY.

They look to finish 12-5 to 14-3. I can see losses to Detroit and Green Bay. They may rest players for the Bears finale.

They look to finish 10-7 to 13-4. SF could easily win all 6 or could lose to Miami,Seattle and Las Vegas.

They look to finish 8-9/9-8. I see losses to San Fran and Cincy for sure. That Falcons rematch could decide whether TB finishes with 8 or 9 wins and maybe the division.

They look to finish 11-6 to 13-4. I definitely see them losing to Titans. Jags could possibly pull an upset. If they don’t need the finale, it improves our chances of beating them.

They are likely to finish 9-8/10-7. They probably lose one of the games with us and one with Philly. Philly won’t need that finale with NY, so I don’t Philly sweeping them. They probably lose the Vikings game.

We are likely to finish 9-8 to 11-6. 11 wins under Dan would be shocking. Likely lose to Giants once and San Fran.

They likely finish 9-8/10-7. Probably losing one of the Rams games and to the Chiefs. It’s possible they lose one more to either San Fran or NY Jets.

They are likely to finish 7-10 to 9-8. Likely loss to Ravens and Saints. That Bucs game could be for the division and playoff spot.

I think we are really only battling the Giants and Seahawks for the playoff spot. Atlanta is only battling Tampa for the South title.

The picture should be more clearer in 3 weeks.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Coming Soon- a look at each team:

This is post I will edit. Easier to copy now from my desktop than on my iphone.  Will edit this in it bit with my look at each team in the playoff hunt.

No idea who ends up with the ones seed and teams 3 through 8 have pretty tough schedules where anything could happen.

AFC has 5 or 6 really great teams, but the NFC is pretty solid through the core.

Surprising. Probably be fun to look at preseason projections.

45 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No idea who ends up with the ones seed and teams 3 through 8 have pretty tough schedules where anything could happen.

AFC has 5 or 6 really great teams, but the NFC is pretty solid through the core.

Surprising. Probably be fun to look at preseason projections.

Actually the nfc is pretty simple.

Philly, Minny, San Fran are likely division winners. Actually think Minny and Philly clinch playoff berths with a win this weekend. Atlanta and Tampa are battling for the South.  Dallas has the 5th spot.  So really the nfc is  a 3 team race between us, Giants and Seahawks for the 6th and 7th wild cards.

I don’t see any other teams entering the picture.

Rooting guide for this week is pretty simple: 

There is only one other game on the board that has a clear and direct impact on us: 

Rams over Seahawks. That’s BY FAR the #1 game we should be watching other than ours. 

Everything else to me is fringe or possibly even conflicting: 

Steelers over Falcons: Not worried at all about the SECOND PLACE South team beating us out, but I guess root for Pitt just to be extra safe. 

Saints over Bucs: See above, but this one matters even less because whoever wins inches closer while pushing the loser further back. 

Jaguars over Lions: I am not going to worry about the Lions until we need to worry about the Lions, but this can’t hurt (I also think Jags are gonna win). 

Dolphins over 49ers: I guess? But I’d actually be just as happy seeing the Niners keep winning and maybe the come due on Christmas Eve. 

Eagles/Cowboys/Vikings: All depends on your perspective. The Eagles and Vikings play some games later that will benefit us if they win— so we would like both of them to stay motivated as long as possible. It’s kinda hard to say whether wins or losses will accomplish that. 

In case of Eagles, I’d say for sure root for Titans this week. If Philly loses they will likely be fully ready for Giants the following week and perhaps feeling the heat from Dallas/Minny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

I'm thinking we go 2-3 down the stretch (losses to NYG, DAL, SF). And we can't forget Watson will be back for the Browns game, with 4 games between now and then to get up to game speed. He could elevate the Browns performance by then. 

Watson lasted played in 2020. He’s going to be rusty. Next year is when the Browns see their investment in him.

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Watson lasted played in 2020. He’s going to be rusty. Next year is when the Browns see their investment in him.

He could still give us some issues though. They aren’t an awful team and mobile QBs always seem to do good if not decent against us. Also, any given Sunday…right?

NFL announced flex for week 14 today— Chiefs-Broncos out of SNF in favor of Dolphins-Chargers. Some speculated they might announce week 15 today as well, but they did not. This likely indicates they won’t make that decision until Monday; the latest they can decide by rule with the exception of week 18. 

In the past they’ve announced the Saturday games a bit earlier than the deadline but this year they might take it all the way. 

Based on lots of factors, I think our game at FedEx vs Giants will either be primetime Sat on NFLN or SNF— it is likely the NFL will want to remove Pats/Raiders from SNF; the two most logical replacements would be our game and Dolphins/Bills. That would mean back to back SNF flex games for the Dolphins, but I don’t think the NFL is afraid of that— Miami/Buffalo is shaping up to be one of the games of the year and very much feels like a SNF game. So my best guess is that game moves to SNF and we anchor the Sat triple-header in primetime. But there must be a reason the decision hasn’t been made yet, so certainly possible we could slot somewhere else or perhaps be the SNF game instead of Saturday. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Actually, top is conference and bottom is Super Bowl lol...I get the different colors for the bottoms, but what's the difference between the blue and the pink at the top of each bar?

NFC, AFC? 

I didn't make it, just looking at it and guessing.

Blargh I really hope we're not flexed to Saturday Dec 17 primetime. I don't want to have to watch that game in the background of our annual Christmas party with 99% people not having a clue what's going on. :(

Maybe we can just blow the Giants out that night and I won't have to fret...lolol

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Blargh I really hope we're not flexed to Saturday Dec 17 primetime. I don't want to have to watch that game in the background of our annual Christmas party with 99% people not having a clue what's going on. :(

Maybe we can just blow the Giants out that night and I won't have to fret...lolol

I have no inside info here, so this is just my best guess following this stuff over the years, but I think it’s close to a certainty that we will either be Sat primetime or SNF— maybe 50/50. There is one other scenario that is less likely, but I suppose plausible… 

Patriots and/or Raiders win this week and the NFL decides to keep that as the SNF game. Now, neither our game or the Dolphins/Bills game is likely to go to Sunday and we both play Sat with the Bills game being more likely to be primetime and we get the 4pm slot. I don’t see that, but perhaps an option. 

If the game at Fed Ex vs NYG is flexed to Saturday that works to our favor in a couple ways.  One, it would give the Giants a short week, and then also, it gives us an actual week to prepare (including having to fly across the country) for the following Saturday game against the 49ers.

• Like 3

On 11/29/2022 at 9:17 PM, kleese said:

NFL announced flex for week 14 today— Chiefs-Broncos out of SNF in favor of Dolphins-Chargers. Some speculated they might announce week 15 today as well, but they did not. This likely indicates they won’t make that decision until Monday; the latest they can decide by rule with the exception of week 18. 

In the past they’ve announced the Saturday games a bit earlier than the deadline but this year they might take it all the way. 

Based on lots of factors, I think our game at FedEx vs Giants will either be primetime Sat on NFLN or SNF— it is likely the NFL will want to remove Pats/Raiders from SNF; the two most logical replacements would be our game and Dolphins/Bills. That would mean back to back SNF flex games for the Dolphins, but I don’t think the NFL is afraid of that— Miami/Buffalo is shaping up to be one of the games of the year and very much feels like a SNF game. So my best guess is that game moves to SNF and we anchor the Sat triple-header in primetime. But there must be a reason the decision hasn’t been made yet, so certainly possible we could slot somewhere else or perhaps be the SNF game instead of Saturday. 

I think that the Cincinnati/Tampa Bay game or Tennessee/LA Chargers game both scheduled for 4:25 PM on December 18th could both be in play to be moved to SNF to replace NE/Las Vegas should the NFL want to move that game out of SNF. By moving our game against the Giants or the Miami/Buffalo game to SNF they would be taking one of the two big matchups out of the mix for Saturday, leaving only one of Saturday's three games as a game with playoff implications. 

By keeping our game and Miami/Buffalo as Saturday games, they get two meaningful games on Saturday and a meaningful game on SNF with Cincinnati/TB or Tennessee/LA Chargers. I would also think that the NFL likes a Joe Burrow/Tom Brady match up in a game with playoff interest in prime time. This scenario makes more sense to me, but I'm an idiot. What do you think? 

Edited by fearlessNelms

1 hour ago, fearlessNelms said:

I think that the Cincinnati/Tampa Bay game or Tennessee/LA Chargers game both scheduled for 4:25 PM on December 18th could both be in play to be moved to SNF to replace NE/Las Vegas should the NFL want to move that game out of SNF. By moving our game against the Giants or the Miami/Buffalo game to SNF they would be taking one of the two big matchups out of the mix for Saturday, leaving only one of Saturday's three games as a game with playoff implications. 

By keeping our game and Miami/Buffalo as Saturday games, they get two meaningful games on Saturday and a meaningful game on SNF with Cincinnati/TB or Tennessee/LA Chargers. I would also think that the NFL likes a Joe Burrow/Tom Brady match up in a game with playoff interest in prime time. This scenario makes more sense to me, but I'm an idiot. What do you think? 

Totally plausible; but the Saturday afternoon slots are generally the death zone in terms of viewership. It’s why the least attractive wild card game always gets that 4pm kickoff slot the first Saturday. Our game and the Bills game are probably 2 of the top 4 matchups that weekend and I’m not sure they’d want to drop one in a ratings trap midday Saturday. That said, perhaps they like the idea of a super strong Saturday slate. 

Now that I think about it though, I think your idea is less plausible than I originally thought. The most important window for the NFL is and will always be the 4:25 slot. Even more so than SNF. It’s why CBS and FOX pay more than NBC and only on a few occasions does SNF get better numbers than the 4:25 primary game. Bengals-Bucs is the anchor game that day and is likely protected by CBS (each network has a certain number of games that can block from being flexed). If they move that game the 4:25 window becomes barren— I guess they COULD move Bucs/Bengals to SNF and then move Dolphins/Bills to 4:25, but that would seem like unnecessary movement.

Let’s assume the Pats or Raiders lose this week (if they both win, especially Raiders, that game might stay). If one or both lose, here is my precaution for slate that week: 

Saturday 12pm: Colts at Vikings 

Saturday 4pm: Browns at Ravens 

Saturday 8pm: Giants at Commanders 

Sunday 1pm: Falcons at Saints 

SNF: Dolphins at Bills 

Falcons/Saints could easily replace either of the Sat afternoon games as it could have division implications for both— especially if they win this week. And I think they could view either of the East games as quality enough for Sat primetime or SNF. It’s just that Miami/Buffalo is legit shaping up to be one of biggest games of year and just seems so primed for SNF. Maybe the fact that Miami is also on SNF the week prior factors a little, but I don’t think it would be a huge factor. 

2 hours ago, kleese said:

Totally plausible; but the Saturday afternoon slots are generally the death zone in terms of viewership. It’s why the least attractive wild card game always gets that 4pm kickoff slot the first Saturday. Our game and the Bills game are probably 2 of the top 4 matchups that weekend and I’m not sure they’d want to drop one in a ratings trap midday Saturday. That said, perhaps they like the idea of a super strong Saturday slate. 

Now that I think about it though, I think your idea is less plausible than I originally thought. The most important window for the NFL is and will always be the 4:25 slot. Even more so than SNF. It’s why CBS and FOX pay more than NBC and only on a few occasions does SNF get better numbers than the 4:25 primary game. Bengals-Bucs is the anchor game that day and is likely protected by CBS (each network has a certain number of games that can block from being flexed). If they move that game the 4:25 window becomes barren— I guess they COULD move Bucs/Bengals to SNF and then move Dolphins/Bills to 4:25, but that would seem like unnecessary movement.

Let’s assume the Pats or Raiders lose this week (if they both win, especially Raiders, that game might stay). If one or both lose, here is my precaution for slate that week: 

Saturday 12pm: Colts at Vikings 

Saturday 4pm: Browns at Ravens 

Saturday 8pm: Giants at Commanders 

Sunday 1pm: Falcons at Saints 

SNF: Dolphins at Bills 

Falcons/Saints could easily replace either of the Sat afternoon games as it could have division implications for both— especially if they win this week. And I think they could view either of the East games as quality enough for Sat primetime or SNF. It’s just that Miami/Buffalo is legit shaping up to be one of biggest games of year and just seems so primed for SNF. Maybe the fact that Miami is also on SNF the week prior factors a little, but I don’t think it would be a huge factor. 

Thanks for the feedback- your scenarios make a lot of sense.  

• Thanks 1