Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Race: Demented WannaBe Dictator Trump vs President Biden

88Comrade2000

South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott is taking steps to run for president, people familiar with his plans said, adding to the stable of Republicans looking to wrest the party mantle from former President Donald Trump.

Mr. Scott, the only Black Republican in the Senate, is testing a message with GOP voters in key early states focused on unity and optimism as some Republicans say it is time to move on from the Trump era. Mr. Trump has announced a bid for president in the 2024 election. 

Jennifer DeCasper, a Scott senior adviser, said he was “excited to share his vision of hope and opportunity and hear the American people’s response.” What isn’t clear yet, some people close to Mr. Scott acknowledge, is whether the GOP base that enthusiastically embraced Mr. Trump is interested in that message.

Things that ain't happening for a 1,000, Alex

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

What's Tim Scott done with his time as a Representative and Senator? He had proposed a Criminal Justice Reform Act that was severely lacking and eventually went nowhere. Anything else?

Any time I've seen him speak, he was talking about Opportunity Zones as part of the Tax Bill of 2017. He was the face of, "See the Republican party isn't racist!" at the GOP 2020 convention as well. 

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

What's Tim Scott done with his time as a Representative and Senator? He had proposed a Criminal Justice Reform Act that was severely lacking and eventually went nowhere. Anything else?

He serves as an example of a black Republican? "How can I be racist if I voted for/like Tim Scott?""Why can't they be more like Tim Scott. He's one of the good ones"

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Nikki is in for the same reason Tim is in…as a token.

20 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Goddammit! I'm still cracking up at "Meatball Ron", I guess I'm voting for Trump next time.

20 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

It's certainly an improvement on Ron DeSanctimonious. Which was also an improvement over Shutdown Ron. 

My favorite was his one for Dick Durbin, "Dicky Durbin". Trump really thought hard n longs on that one. 🤭

I need Trump to really lean into this and start calling him “Captain Calzone”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Nikki is in for the same reason Tim is in…as a token.

Agree, and she has no shot, but the fun thing to think about is how Trump will treat her.  As I understand it, Haley asked Trump for his permission to run.  This really has to make Trump's loyalty calculus finger-painting go haywire. 

As for the infamous Trump nicknames, I think he will first not consider her worthy of even getting one (and publicly make sure everyone knows that's the reason) and then he'll get bored of that and give her one that involves her first name, Nimrata, to make sure MAGA people understand that she is basically an immigrant and therefore bad.  He'll probably also call her "nimrod" as some point because he is very stupid and will think that's clever. 

17 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Florida change the law yet to even allow DeSantis to run for president while he's still governor? I think running in 2028 would be a smarter move for him. 🤷‍♂️

Dunno.....if Trump wins the '24 election, I think the GOP is going to be tarnished enough by his behavior over the 2025-2028 timeframe that it will handicap the GOP nominee going into the 2028 election, even with the knowledge that Trump himself would be ineligible to run after that. Ron should take his shot now.

MAGA Inc comments on Nikki getting into the field:

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

48 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

As I understand it, Haley asked Trump for his permission to run.  This really has to make Trump's loyalty calculus finger-painting go haywire. 

Of course he approves. He approves of anyone that no shot to win but can draw votes away from anyone else in the primary. 

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Dunno.....if Trump wins the '24 election, I think the GOP is going to be tarnished enough by his behavior over the 2025-2028 timeframe that it will handicap the GOP nominee going into the 2028 election

this is absurd to me. If trump wins in ‘24 he’s not leaving office and won’t make the same mistake last time. From the moment he’s sworn in all his work will go towards there not being a ‘28 election…

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

this is absurd to me. If trump wins in ‘24 he’s not leaving office and won’t make the same mistake last time. From the moment he’s sworn in all his work will go towards there not being a ‘28 election…

T, did you know that Rdskns2000 hijacked your account? 😀

Although I'd be lying if I didn't at least think about adding the "if there is a 2028 election" caveat before submitting my last post..........

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

T, did you know that Rdskns2000 hijacked your account? 😀

Although I'd be lying if I didn't at least think about adding the "if there is a 2028 election" caveat before submitting my last post..........

Nah, no semicolons here 

;)

I don’t know how anyone could think trump would do anything other than reexecute a coup if he was given control again. 

his mistake was he waited too long last time. He won’t make that mistake again. 

and since then there’s been plenty of states changing their election laws so that it will be easier next time…

Edited by tshile
  • Thumb up 1