Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Farty 45

88Comrade2000

My folks still have a landline phone. Theys 80ish. Thankfully the caller ID warns them about the numbers that are "potential scams" and they do ok with it. The computer is another issue tho entirely. They refuse to mark spam emails as such which is infuriating. 

Like my mom will read me some email about how her Netflix account is expiring. She uses all my streaming accounts and doesn't understand even tho I've explained its a scam multiple times. Old people. I'm sure one day I'll be in a similar situation with some new technological bull**** I don't understand. 🤣

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Skins24 said:

Also, I do think that awfulness is actually increasing - not sure which gen. to blame though - boomers, Gen X, millennials, Gen Y, Gen Z? All of the above?

All of the above tho the Boomers failed to address all this **** thirty plus years ago. They're the sposid adults in charge and have allowed the scam telemarketers to prosper. Trumps kinda exhibit A imo in how gullible they really are. Tho my generation,  genX ain't done much better in that regard. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Skins24 said:

People have always been awful. We just have many more and much better ways of displaying that awfulness now 🙂

While that’s true, I also think we’ve just normalized several things since social media took off. I feel like over time the trollish/jerk behavior of the internet has grown more and more in social situations. 

There once was a time where believing “you wouldn’t say that to my face” or “you wouldn’t act like that in person” would more or less be a true thought about a person on the internet, because most wouldn’t. 

These days it feels like people absolutely would say most stuff in person now, because it’s all become normalized. 

I feel like today with politics people are just super quick to verbally attack when someone says something they disagree with. It’s like the concept of it being OK if we have different opinions on things is almost totally lost if it isn’t already. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Does anyone really think Trump and Biden are even with the black vote?  Yet that is what polls are saying.

No but if that many black people really want to vote for Trump; then they can live with Trump dictatorship where they will be treated worse than they are now. I can see the end of the civil rights acts under a Trump dictatorship.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Show me a poll where Trump and Biden are tied with the black vote.  Trump's share of the black vote has increased since 2016, but maxes out at 20 percent tops.

Covid is going to result in back-to-back-to-back one term presidents. Trump, then Biden, back to Trump. Trump fanboy John Nolte of Breitbart even admits Trump's behavior during covid was terrible and cost him the 2020 election. The inflationary effects of the covid stimmy, while much passed under Trump, mainly occurred under Biden.

Trump would've won reelection if it hadn't been for covid, and probably would've anyway if he didn't behave like a jackass during it. Biden's overall performance, despite the inflation, in most elections would probably be favored. But the guy is 81. And nobody is comfortable with Kamala Harris.

Who really is to blame are the GOP voters who still insist the 2020 election was stolen and refused to back Nikki Haley or Ron DeSantis. And yes, unfortunately, there are plenty of independent voters who now really don't seem to care about what happened in the aftermath of Nov 2020, including on 1/6/21.

Additionally, the George Floyd related unrest that occurred in 2020 likely did not help Trump. Similarly, the Gaza-related protests on US campuses are doing Biden no favors.

Trump is uttering more Fascist policies every day. He's not going to win. It's two terms for Biden.

• Thumb up 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Some staff said others on the campaign told them they had first met Kennedy, who is sober, at Alcoholics Anonymous meetings or recovery events. Many staffers call the candidate by his first name, an unusual informality in a presidential campaign. Aides at all levels also enjoy a remarkable amount of access to the candidate and have his personal contact information, allowing them to reach out directly to vent concerns or pitch ideas.

Several staffers fear the electromagnetic radiation from microwave ovens, complicating a volunteer potluck. (People were advised to bring crockpots.)

The campaign has paid eye-popping salaries to some staffers with seemingly little experience, including an $8,000 a month fee for a digital strategist who graduated from high school in 2021.

It has also paid more than $50,000 to a company run by Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's half-brother, Kyle Kemper, who was such a big supporter that he decked out an RV with a huge picture of Kennedy and his political slogans and drove it up the East Coast.

Upon learning about the RV, Kennedy contacted Kemper and invited him to his house to see the bus. A few months later, the campaign hired Kemper to work on volunteer and voter engagement. His duties included driving the RV around the country as it blasted songs from the 1960 campaign of Kennedy's uncle—John F. Kennedy—including a jingle by Frank Sinatra.

• Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

4 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

all these ads for trone and alsobrooks for the open senate seat 😵‍💫

I’m more amused by Larry Hogan wearing a border patrol vest, cosplaying as a ****ing gravy seal. 

• Haha 2

RFK Jr. Event Hosted by MAGA Group With Jan. 6 Ties

Last Saturday, independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. appeared at an event that felt entirely on-brand for the anti-vaccine champion: a so-called “medical freedom conference” near Buffalo, New York.

But the group that hosted Kennedy isn’t just skeptical of vaccines. It’s also skeptical of the fact that Joe Biden won the 2020 election.

That group, Constitutional Coalition of New York State, has founders who not only have ties to Donald Trump but are also connected to the stop-the-steal movement through their activist network, which includes groups that had a presence at the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

The local DC stations are airing ads for races in Maryland (senate, primary I presume between Trone and his democratic rival) and now West Virginia ads with Chris Miller who was complaining about wokeness in a governor campaign.

It's May.

I'm just trying to watch hockey. Get this stuff off my TV.

I also do not live in either state so neither ad applies to me.

• Haha 1

No one else wants to say it, but I will at this point: polling is useless! I've been yelling it on the board for years, guys. Stop looking at the polls and look at election results. The GOP won in 2016...thats it. They have one victory with Trump, they've never repeated or come close.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 10:57 PM, LadySkinsFan said:

Trump is uttering more Fascist policies every day. He's not going to win. It's two terms for Biden.

2lotr5.jpg

• Haha 1

Not sure why I never thought of this before. But kenedy has two family members that were prominent young politicians that were bucking the system in a certain way and they were both gunned down. Totally makes sense he believes in all kinds of conspiracy theories. I probably would too

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1