Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

31 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Yup. We need to be talked about in fact.   We are nationally irrelevant. I'm cool w/ our owners being talked about as it spreads awareness of the team and increases our national standing.

What we don't want is the constant non-stop negative press that Snyder provides. That's a drag.

It does not mean that we have to pull a 180 and want to be out of the news altogether tho. We need every viable avenue to bring the fanbase back.

Really hoping for an ownership change and the Hardknocks spotlight. I know Aaron Rodgers and the Jets would draw a little better Nationally but I believe the NFL would love to showcase this once proud franchise rebuilding their image, trying to recapture this fan base and market it’s in.

• Thumb up 1

I am a little surprised that Bezos hasn’t joined the party.

Although i do think the notion that he’s got 6B just to pony up is a little misguided. As I’ve said before, he hasn’t got that in cash. He’d also be looking at financing or converting some of his shareholding’s into cash.

And, given the economic climate and his low trending share market valuations, selling off a % now at a low return is a further hit to him. Based on trends, maybe even in the 1B range in terms of lost future market valuations.

So, my guess would be he’s been told it’s a poor business and financial move for him at this moment in time. He may be loaded but that’s still a very significant hit. Would likely take the cost to 7B+ in real terms.

• Like 1

Oh Happy Day.  With Bezos supposedly out and the highest bid from a legit, previously vetted prospective owner, the sale can thankfully move forward.

I’d also like to say I can’t remember the last time anyone on this site was as spectacularly and completely wrong on anything as SoCal on Bezos.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just saw on the news Bezos is out, surprised no posts about that. I was OK with either Bezos or the Harris group, but lately I had a strong preference for the guy who has actually built winning sports teams and who isn't a dick.  I am done rooting for a team owned by a bad guy.   Perhaps this news will close the sale as Snyder has nobody to wait for now,  

1 minute ago, Rocky21 said:

I’d also like to say I can’t remember the last time anyone on this site was as spectacularly and completely wrong on anything as SoCal on Bezos.  

I'd argue Dwayne Haskins, before the tragedy.  He was never going to be a top NFL QB.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Just saw on the news Bezos is out, surprised no posts about that.

There’s like 7 entire pages of posts about it from yesterday in this thread, the morning news is about the last place something breaks these days. You jumped to the last page before posting lol 

• Haha 3

Jody Allen, the sister of the late Paul Allen, has been selling off his assets, systematically. The Seahawks currently aren’t for sale, quite possibly because if they are sold before May 2024, 10 percent of the proceeds will go to the State of Washington as part of the deal to build the team’s current stadium.

Eventually, the Seahawks will be sold. And they’re a team in much better shape than the Commanders.

In D.C., the first order of business, in addition to revitalizing and potentially rebranding a team associated with rampant dysfunction in recent years, will be to figure out the stadium situation. In Seattle, it’s already figured out.

And if Jody Allen’s goal is to cash out the asset in order to finance her late brother’s philanthropical exploits, several billion from Bezos could be had, sooner than later. If he’s intent to get a team and if (as it appears) he’s truly out for the Commanders, it could be sooner.

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

Keim: He’ll sell.

That's good enough for me.

I have my own irrational fears that the disheveled one has one last trick up his sleeves and just might play Lucy to the fan base's Charlie Brown, but Keim is declarative with no hedging whatsoever.

I can't ever remember a time when Keim was wrong on a matter of importance regarding the team when he said something was definitively true. This gives me relief.

"Book it Dano!" (You probably need to be a boomer or a fan of classic tv to get that reference.)

• Like 4

I'll admit I'm a tad bit disappointed that Bezos won't be our guy. He's an outside the box type thinker and super innovative and he'd make sure we were on the cutting edge of analytics. But Harris has experience with rebuilding sports teams and Rales seems like the type that would put his heart and soul(and his bank account) into making sure this franchise returns to its glory. So all's well that ends well.

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'll admit I'm a tad bit disappointed that Bezos won't be our guy. He's an outside the box type thinker and super innovative and he'd make sure we were on the cutting edge of analytics. But Harris has experience with rebuilding sports teams and Rales seems like the type that would put his heart and soul(and his bank account) into making sure this franchise returns to its glory. So all's well that ends well.

The Harris group also get with all of their heart and soul what has happened to this fanbase and this organization.   It's the worst organization in sports, and it's certainly the most tarnished.  They feel that...and more importantly, it hurts them, too.  Just like it does us.   Because they are OG fans, too.  

They've got a plan (this organization hasn't had a real plan in 30 years) and the expertise to implement it effectively.  I really hope they end up getting it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Redwards said:

The Harris group also get with all of their heart and soul what has happened to this fanbase and this organization.   It's the worst organization in sports, and it's certainly the most tarnished.  They feel that...and more importantly, it hurts them, too.  Just like it does us.   Because they are OG fans, too.  

They've got a plan (this organization hasn't had a real plan in 30 years) and the expertise to implement it effectively.  I really hope they end up getting it.  

Yeah well Dan the man was an OG fan too and that didn't end well.  Ultimately I gotta lean on the "can't be as dumb as Dan though" thoughts and hopeful for the best.

• Thanks 1

Harris is a boring dude. I absolutely LOVE boring dudes. You know who else is boring? The Hunts. Whoever the last owner of the Broncos was before they got bought by Walmart. The Seahawks owner. The Buccaneers owner who I don't remember the name of because they're boring.

Boring people make the world go round, and I want to finally have a team that is more interesting than the owner.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

According to the latest Washington Post article today the possible remaining outstanding issue is the indemnification. The NFL won’t approve it if they are on the hook so Harris’ lawyers are going to have to hash it out with Dan’s.

B016A141-8BD9-4629-ADC5-B14943AE99A4.thumb.jpeg.5697be468478a6b09f1dbc94a683a925.jpeg

A buyer indemnifying the seller against action based on things that took place under the seller ownership would be quite a stretch. How indemnification language is drafted is often the tricky part of drawing up this kind of agreement though - it’s not unusual this is what takes time.

Lots of billable hours …

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I suppose the best guess for when he's selling is before the escrow payments are due sometime in May?

Those payments will have zero impact on timing. The payments come from the team cash flow and accounts. The future liabilities will have been part of financial due diligence and factored into price negotiations. 

Snyder is not putting money into the franchise, those payments are not coming from his checking account.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

A buyer indemnifying the seller against action based on things that took place under the seller ownership would be quite a stretch. How indemnification language is drafted is often the tricky part of drawing up this kind of agreement though - it’s not unusual this is what takes time.

Lots of billable hours …

Also seems unlikely that some sort of criminal or civil authority would say "Oh... you put "Rubber & glue, rubber & glue... bounces off me and sticks to you" in your contract, so I guess we need to leave you be."

• Like 1

I'v discussed this some in recent months.  But listening and reading to things about Harris, if he gets the team, one thing I gather he will try to do as soon as possible is find a top flight GM, that's been his thing with an emphasis on anayltics.

Too late I'd gather to do it this year.  But next year on the off chance Rivera survives, I still think no shot he keeps roster control.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/sixers/sources-daryl-morey-expected-sign-long-term-deal-lead-sixers-basketball

Daryl Morey, the former general manager of the Houston Rockets who is widely considered one of the best GMs in the NBA, met with Sixers owners over the weekend, sources tell NBC Sports Philadelphia.

The team is in advanced talks with Morey to make him the Sixers' president of basketball operations on a long-term deal. A source confirms that Elton Brand will stay in his role as general manager.

NBC Sports Philadelphia has learned that Sixers owner Josh Harris contacted Morey within hours of him stepping down as Rockets general manager on Oct. 15. They met in New York this past weekend. 

Morey stepped down after 13 years in Houston. The Rockets had the second-best record in the NBA during his tenure and never had a losing season. They have the longest playoff streak in the NBA, making the postseason the last eight years.

Morey was the NBA’s executive of the year two years ago and the Rockets made the Western Conference finals twice in the last six years.

He changed the NBA’s landscape with his analytical approach. His protégé, Sam Hinkie, came to Philadelphia and started the infamous "Process." Maybe Morey can finish it?

https://www.phillyburbs.com/story/sports/nba/2018/04/27/sixers-owner-josh-harris-having/12385430007/

Harris has seen the Devils transform from an older team to a younger team that skates as well as any franchise in the league. Hiring former Pittsburgh Penguins executive Ray Shero to be his general manager has played a major part in the makeover along with following a plan that built the organization around scouting, analytics, sports science and acquiring players who fit into a set culture that stresses a fast, attacking style and teamwork.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-josh-harris-uses-big-data-sports-eyeing-mets-bid-2020-6

Here's how a huge investment in big data is helping the owners of the Philadelphia 76ers and New Jersey Devils make better decisions for their rosters, player development and coaching

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1