Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

17 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

New Keim Podcast:

1. 3 names are now known, Harris, Fertitta and Apostolipolus.

2.  3 tours: Harris, Apostolopolus and a mystery bidder. Fertitta was scheduled to tour on the day they had a season ticket event so he said he would reschedule but hasn't yet.

3. Doesn't know about Bezos. Speculating he's being used to make bidders raise their price. More as a threat to other bidders. 

4. Could announce at anytime. Doesn't believe it's imminent.

5.  Usually other bidders are told they are out first and that hasn't happened yet. Could also be an exclusive bidding window with one group and then open it back up again if a deal can't be reached during the exclusive window without the other bidders knowing. 

6. Most likely Tanya and some lawyers at the owners meeting. May give an update to the other owners on where the process is.

7. With Dan you never know.

burn-muppet.gif

• Haha 8

To add to what was posted about the Keim podcast, he interviewed Mike Jones.  As for the Jones part, not much to add but he did add a little

A.  He talked to one of the offensive coordinator candidates who interviewed here and asked him what he heard.  The coordinator heard that Dan was selling but wanted to keep a few shares for his son.

B.  Jones thinks that's a no go now as for him holding minority shares because it would still make the current invesitgations relevant if he held on to some shares,  So he thinks both the owners and prospective buyer would not allow Dan to keep some shares

C.  He knows a lot of people who used to work in that building and are now working elsewhere.  The takes of those ex-employees are more or less they knew it was bad working there but didn't realize how bad until they had other employers who had a much better culture.  They feel they will never win if Dan is the owner.  Some of them are passionate about this fan base and how much we've suffered, and want good things ahead for this organization with Dan gone.

D.  He heard Dan is selling its just a matter of to who and when

E.  Dan is treated gingerly right now to get him to sell.  Pushing him out would be messy -- much better if its done this way

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To add to what was posted about the Keim podcast, he interviewed Mike Jones.  As for the Jones part, not much to add but he did add a little

A.  He talked to one of the offensive coordinator candidates who interviewed here and asked him what he'd heard.  The coordinator heard that Dan was selling but wanted to keep a few shares for his son.

B.  Jones thinks that's a no go now as for him holding minority shares because it would still make the current invesitgations relevant if he held on to some shares,  So he thinks both the owners and prospective buyer would not allow Dan to keep some shares

C.  He knows a lot of people who used to work in that building and are now working elsewhere.  The takes of those ex-employees are more or less they knew it was bad working there but didn't realize how bad until they had other employers who had a much better culture.  They feel they will never win if Dan is the owner.  Some of them are passionate about this fan base and how much we've suffered, and want good things ahead for this organization with Dan gone.

D.  He heard Dan is selling its just a matter of to who and when

E.  Dan is treated gingerly right now to get him to sell.  Pushing him out would be messy -- much better if its done this way

When has anything with Dan not been messy? 

My theory is his preference is an ownership group with the lead owner controlling 30% and Dan controlling 15 to 20% with a path to control without another NFL vote. I doubt he gets this but my theory is this is what he wants. 

If he can’t retain any shares, then he will sell to the highest bidder which will be Bezos. 

Let’s see if that plays out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

When has anything with Dan not been messy? 

My theory is his preference is an ownership group with the lead owner controlling 30% and Dan controlling 15 to 20% with a path to control without another NFL vote. I doubt he gets this but my theory is this is what he wants. 

If he can’t retain any shares, then he will sell to the highest bidder which will be Bezos. 

Let’s see if that plays out. 

Dan controlling 15-20%? Are you insane?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

God: "I hate Redskins/WFT/Commanders fans"

FTFY

1996, we're 7-3, sure we lost our last game but we should win 3-4 of our remaining 6, including this one on the Cards. Next week, OK this is close but that Darryl Pounds int seals the game! F*!

19 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Dan controlling 15-20%? Are you insane?

I’m pretty sure that’s what he wants but only if the lead owner controls only around 30%. He doesn’t want to have 15-20% with Bezos controlling 75% and Jay z/Jordan/McConnaughy controlling 5 to 10 total.

He can put the shares in his son’s name and after a decade when the new stadium is built and Rales dies or one of the others exits, he can swoop in and buy those shares and put his son in control while he pulls the strings. 

If you don’t think that’s exactly what Dan is trying to pull off, you haven’t been paying attention to Dan over the past 2 decades. 

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I’m pretty sure that’s what he wants but only if the lead owner controls only around 30%. He doesn’t want to have 15-20% with Bezos controlling 75% and Jay z/Jordan/McConnaughy controlling 5 to 10 total.

He can put the shares in his son’s name and after a decade when the new stadium is built and Rales dies or one of the others exits, he can swoop in and buy those shares and put his son in control while he pulls the strings. 

If you don’t think that’s exactly what Dan is trying to pull off, you haven’t been paying attention to Dan over the past 2 decades. 

Zero chance that happens. Even if he managed to hold onto a small share (unlikely). The chances the owners would approve him buying out the majority owner down the road to take over control are less than zero. They know how toxic Dan is, they just don’t want to rock the boat right now. 

• Like 1

If you read this article, depending on its trust worthiness, it shows the net worth of each person.  Bezo's first but Snyder supposedly, I say supposedly doesn't want to sell to him, so Harris and Co. become the leaders by quite a majority of the others. I apologize if this article has already been posted.

Ranking 5 richest suitors linked with the multi-billion dollar Commanders takeover ft. Steve Apostolopoulos (sportskeeda.com)

Edited by RWJ

14 minutes ago, RWJ said:

so Harris and Co. become the leaders by quite a majority of the others. I apologize if this article has already been posted.

It mentioned him on the Bezos blurb but it failed to rank Tilman Fertitta.

Fertitta by himself is 8 Bil, so he is the biggest single entity outside of Bezos. If he has any kind of big money group around him he becomes the 2nd biggest group at the table.

• Thanks 1

The gist of Mike Jones point is he doesn't think the league or the new owners would approve of Dan holding a minority share so he feels that’s out.  Maybe he ends up dead wrong. But Jones saying its out from what he heard as an option, somehow elicited a conversation here that its in play. :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The gist of Mike Jones point is he doesn't think the league or the owners would approve of Dan holding a minority share.  Maybe he ends up dead wrong. But Jones saying its out from what he heard as an option, somehow elicited a conversation here that its in play. :D

If he doesn’t get to hold a share then it’s Bezos and that’s all she wrote. 

If he gets to keep a share then it’s a battle between the others and it’s competitive and will have drama leading up to the vote with some uncertainty. 

He can start the process with option 2 and have his new partners sell the other owners on it. If it’s a no go he can always go back to daddy bezosbucks. 

10 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If he doesn’t get to hold a share then it’s Bezos and that’s all she wrote. 

If he gets to keep a share then it’s a battle between the others and it’s competitive and will have drama leading up to the vote with some uncertainty. 

He can start the process with option 2 and have his new partners sell the other owners on it. If it’s a no go he can always go back to daddy bezosbucks. 

If he wants to hold a few shares for his son, not much but a little -- albiet what Jones said he heard but that idea was a no from the league and the prospective owners (prospective owners right now don't include Bezos he's not in the mix yet), so he said from what he heard that idea is out and he expects that Dan doesn't end up wiuth any shares.  Main reason is that Dan's legal issues would still be relevant when he's gone, if he retains a stake, even if just a few shares.

How is that a discussion about Bezos won't allow it but maybe the others will?  Is it because you are assuming Bezos ends up with no minority partners? 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If he wants to hold a few shares for his son, not much but a little -- albiet what Jones said he heard but that idea was a no from the league and the prospective owners (prospective owners right now don't include Bezos he's not in the mix yet), so he thinks its out.  Main reason is that Dan's legal issues would still be relevant when he's gone even if he's a small minority owner.

How is that a discussion about Bezos won't allow it but maybe the others will?  Is it because you are assuming Bezos ends up with no minority partners? 

Perhaps that his first option would be to keep some.  If he can't it's the highest bidder which is likely Bezos

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lovi said:

Perhaps that his first option would be to keep some.  If he can't it's the highest bidder which is likely Bezos

Basically Mike Jones point wasn't watch out for Dan ending up with some shares.  His point was he won't. 

But if we are running the with the premise that Jones is dead wrong and we are bringing this to Bezos -- so your point is maybe the others will cave to that demand, but Bezos won't but Dan's consolation for that would be getting more money for Bezos?

The problem with the logic if Jones is correct is the league would be unlikely to approve it.  Jones point is you got the overhang of these legal issues around this team that could go on for years.  If Dan is gone, those issues that have been dragging the league's name down would be history.  But if Dan holds on to some shares, those legal issues would remain relevant to the team and the league since Dan is still connected to the team even if a small way.

But yeah in short, I didn't take Jones point as hey maybe it can go one way or another.  I took it instead as it was something considered by the idea was shot down, so he feels its out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Basically Mike Jones point wasn't watch out for Dan ending up with some shares.  His point was he won't. 

But if we are running the with the premise that Jones is dead wrong and we are bringing this to Bezos -- so your point is maybe the others will cave to that demand, but Bezos won't but his consulation for that would be getting more money for Bezos?

The problem with the logic if Jones is correct is the league would be unlikely to approve it.  Jones point is you got the overhang of these legal issues around this team that could go on for years.  If Dan is gone, those issues that have been dragging the league's name down would be history.  But if Dan holds on to some shares, those legal issues would remain relevant to the team and the league since Dan is still connected to the team even if a small way.

But yeah in short, I didn't take Jones point as hey maybe it can go one way or another.  I took it instead as it was something considered by the idea was shot down, so he feels its out.

The league wants to be rid of Dan. I’m not disputing any of it. My theory is based on Dan’s perspective and how he operates. If Harris, Rales and Magic are willing to be partners with Dan, why would the NFL say no?

Harris is partners with Rooney already in Pittsburg and they can make a case that this is the path of least resistance to the other owners. Harris is obviously not a moron either and he knows how toxic Dan is but if the option is Dan as a partner and Harris as lead owner of the team versus Harris being the bridesmaid yet again this time to Bezos instead of Walton, he might take the deal. 

I personally hope they reject the bid if that’s the bid that is presented. You also have to remember the NFL wants to keep voting Dan out in play. If they push him too far at this phase, he will strengthen a collusion claim in court if it unravels. 

End of the day it’s going to Bezos in my opinion but there is going to be a lot more drama to get there. 

Edited by SoCalSkins

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The league wants to be rid of Dan. I’m not disputing any of it. My theory is based on Dan’s perspective and how he operates. If Harris, Rales and Magic are willing to be partners with Dan, why would the NFL say no?

How many reasons do you want?

No one in their right mind is partnering in any way with Snyder. He's Chernobyl level radioactive.

11 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Harris is partners with Rooney already in Pittsburg and they can make a case that this is the path of least resistance to the other owners. Harris is obviously not a moron either and he knows how toxic Dan is but if the option is Dan as a partner and Harris as lead owner of the team versus Harris being the bridesmaid yet again this time to Bezos instead of Walton, he might take the deal. 

I personally hope they reject the bid if that’s the bid that is presented. You also have to remember the NFL wants to keep voting Dan out in play. If they push him too far at this phase, he will strengthen a collision claim in court if it unravels. 

End of the day it’s going to Bezos in my opinion but there is going to be a lot more drama to get there. 

I don't get the impression its in play, not just based on what Jones has said.   But will see.

As for who will buy the team.  Judging by narratives including recent ones, I'd guess 55% chance its Harris, 40% Bezos, 5% the rest of the field.

I'd flip the Harris and Bezos order if I hear at one point Bezos made an offer or is poised to make one.   

I'll stick to my same point from the other day that for Bezos to prevail, maybe some coaxing from Jerry might do it at the owners meeting.  I know Dan's not there but I presume Tanya will be.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But if we are running the with the premise that Jones is dead wrong and we are bringing this to Bezos -- so your point is maybe the others will cave to that demand, but Bezos won't but Dan's consolation for that would be getting more money for Bezos?

I sure hope it's out.  The league cannot in any way want him to remain even one iota involved with any ownership.  I think we are all weary of this process and just want it done