Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Could all these rumours of Harris, Rales and Johnson be a leak from Snyder to get Bezos to the table. I'm leaning towards the Harris consortium but got a feeling we've not heard the last from Bezos. 

Feels like Harris is trying to bolster his bid because Bezos has already outbid him.

Edited by Wildbunny
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, The Rook said:

I'm hoping that a new stadium will have the new tech bells and whistles PLUS the home crowd noise advantage acoustics (ala Seattle).

Bill Murray Good Luck GIF by reactionseditor

:229:The Rook

And a Magic Johnson theater showing past wins against Dalllass.

he did have a theater right near FedEx at the Boulevard at the Cap Center.

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Thumb up 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35906196/magic-johnson-joins-group-bidding-buy-commanders

Earvin "Magic" Johnson has joined a group led by Josh Harris bidding to own the Washington Commanders, sources told ESPN on Monday, confirming reports.

Johnson, the Basketball Hall of Famer and part owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, was part of the Harris group when it failed to land the Denver Broncos last summer. Harris also owns the NBA's Philadelphia 76ers and the NHL's New Jersey Devils.

With the owners meeting in Phoenix starting Monday, there has been increased speculation over when a deal could be announced. Even if it's announced before next week's meetings, multiple sources familiar with the process said the sale would likely not be approved until late May when the owners meet again.

Harris' group was also strengthened earlier this month when he was joined by Mitchell Rales, a billionaire who lives in Washington, D.C. He has a net worth of $5.5 billion, according to Forbes.

Sportico first reported Johnson's involvement. It's uncertain how much Johnson would be investing.

A spokesperson for Harris declined comment.

According to multiple sources, Harris' group is one of four who toured Washington's facilities in advance of the sale. Tilman Fertitta, who owns the NBA's Houston Rockets, was another. The other two groups have remained anonymous. The last group, one team source said, toured the facility two weeks ago.

Johnson also has invested in other sports teams, including the WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks and MLS' Los Angeles FC.

Washington owners Dan and Tanya Snyder announced their intention to sell the team in November. Forbes listed the value of the franchise at $5.6 billion.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Bit of fun with you fellow Redskins fanatics. Let's guess the new owner and the price he buys it for. The winner gets an all inclusive 14 day holiday on Snyders yacht. 

I'll pass. I don't like the prize.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Feels like Harris is trying to bolster his bid because Bezos has already outbid him.

On a scale this large, Magic Johnson doesn’t really add an appreciable amount of money, for it to be that kind of signal imo. Feels more likely that more details about the ownership group are starting to leak as we get closer. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Conn said:

On a scale this large, Magic Johnson doesn’t really add an appreciable amount of money, for it to be that kind of signal imo. Feels more likely that more details about the ownership group are starting to leak as we get closer. 

Agree.  The way I see it is the years of Dan being an incompetent douche basically atrophied this team as a sexy team as to it being a destination spot and having any national relevance.  

When Dan started his reign of terror he was incompetent from the jump but he was splashy so that covered up some of his incompetence in the context of getting some national attention.  Plus he had the aura and false image of a young owner who was poised to learn and improve.  And he billed himself that way, too.

But now this team is seen as sleazy, incompetent and boring.  

We are desperate for even a sliver of national relevance.  So I do think some national celebreites bring a little needed sex appeal to a team that has zero of it right now IMO.

Edit:  Said differently is there an uncooler NFL team than this one?  I've mentioned before its taken some work to keep my kids fans  of this team.  My son is a basketball fan, i mentioned the Magic Johnson name and even though its before his time, he knows the name and thinks the association is cool.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Let's not forget the NFL wants more minority ownership partners.

That's why I expected Byron Allen to be a part of a group as he has been itching to be a part of the NFL and was spoken about in previous sales and interest in this one.  Has large coin but not majority owner coin.

"Washington Showtime" would gag me with a spoon.  Now, if the team name is changed to Capital (as in capital city of the USA), then I could get behind Capital Showtime.  But you have to win.  You can't keep stinking it up with the name "Showtime".

The Rales tag team felt like a move to add to the size of their bid. Bring in a big money player that can increase your spending power by a significant amount. Magic is probably a guy who has been along for the ride for a while, as I don't think he has the kind of cash to be a considerable mover/shaker in a 6 Billy deal. Double that line of thinking when we know he was part of the package for the Broncos bid. Its very likely Harris just re-rolled with his same team, saw that was not gonna be enough to get the job done on this deal, and added Rales so he could be competitive.

The thing about Bezos is he does not need to go out and find partners this late in the game like other bidders do. If he wants to raise his bid he just digs in his other pocket for some loose change.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dark Acre said:

"Washington Showtime" would gag me with a spoon.  Now, if the team name is changed to Capital (as in capital city of the USA), then I could get behind Capital Showtime.  But you have to win.  You can't keep stinking it up with the name "Showtime".

Washington RedShowtime! Let’s do it!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  The way I see it is the years of Dan being an incompetent douche basically atrophied this team as a sexy team as to it being a destination spot and having any national relevance.  

When Dan started his reign of terror he was incompetent from the jump but he was splashy so that covered up some of his incompetence in the context of getting some national attention.  Plus he had the aura and false image of a young owner who was poised to learn and improve.  And he billed himself that way, too.

But now this team is seen as sleazy, incompetent and boring.  

We are desperate for even a sliver of national relevance.  So I do think some national celebreites bring a little needed sex appeal to a team that has zero of it right now IMO.

Edit:  Said differently is there an uncooler NFL team than this one?  I've mentioned before its taken some work to keep my kids fans  of this team.  My son is a basketball fan, i mentioned the Magic Johnson name and even though its before his time, he knows the name and thinks the association is cool.

The beauty of this sport is that winning resuscitates image. The Bengals, the Chiefs, the Jaguars, the Bucs all became exciting teams to watch recently despite their relatively muted heritage in comparison to that of the NFC East teams. If we string together some winning seasons, that, coupled with the franchise’s fossilized and preserved legacy, would relaunch the organization to its original glory.

Edited by BurgundyBooger
  • Like 3