Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

I'm already expecting the dumbest route possible for him.

But I still suspect he'll do something even dumber.

Dan is a strong disciple of Murphy's law.

Danny created his own: Murphy’s Self-Fulfilling Law… 🤣

I’ve been thinking about this, Dan is a spiteful dickbag right? He knows we hate him, what if he leaves us the biggest **** you ever by selling to the worst possible potential owner? 

The question for me now is, do I bail if this frittata guy is the buyer? He sounds awful

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I’ve been thinking about this, Dan is a spiteful dickbag right? He knows we hate him, what if he leaves us the biggest **** you ever by selling to the worst possible potential owner? 

The question for me now is, do I bail if this frittata guy is the buyer? He sounds awful

this happening would be the icing on the cake for alot of the older fanbase (like myself) this sell and the new owners has alot more riding on it then just Snyder not being the owner imho.  I want it to be Josh Harris, from things I've read up about him and seeing him he doesn't remind me of a rich got to be in the limelight type guys, but I don't know from Adam so thats all opinion.

9 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Take some solace in the fact that if Dan were truly focused on making that the goal that he’s so awful at making a good decision that he might accidentally pick the next Rooney family.   That said, when the main arguement against you being the worst owner in the NBA is the lack of tenure compared to Dolan, etc…that’s not somebody I want within a country mile of this team. 

I would say at a minimum if it’s Fertitta you have to take a wait and see approach if you were already on the fence. I certainly wouldnt blindly embrace the team with a clean slate. 

Edited by rockluc

Back in 1999, I was happy when Dan bought the team.  John Kent Cooke had let Norv and Casserly hang around too long when it obviously wasn’t working (IMO Norv was mediocre at best, while Casserly was terrible).  I thought Snyder could be a Mark Cuban type.  Obviously he’s been horrendous. 

I don’t know anything about Fertitta, but if he gets it, I’ll definitely be hopeful and keep an open mind.  He’d be an improvement over Snyder, because anybody would.

No one knows if Bezos would be a good owner.  The NFL doesn’t work like normal business because of the hard cap.  You can’t just spend a bunch of money to be successful (ask David Tepper), it takes more strategy than that.  I think that’s often a tough thing for new owners to figure out (“what got you here, won’t get you there”).  If Fertitta gets it, at least he has sports ownership experience. 

I also think the league will provide assistance to any new owner.  They don’t want Snyder 2.0 either. 

Edited by Andre The Giant
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

lets Pray & Hope not lol 

I sm not being sarcastic but Dan isn’t some garden variety bad owner. He’s the paragon of arguably one of the worst owrners in the history of sports and in every way possible 

The odds the next owner is a bad as Dan is IMO is as close to zero as it gets 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

I have to believe that if Fertitta ends up being the guy Dan wants to sell to, the NFL would veto the sale.  They have to agree to allow the new owner in.   It's clear he's just another of Dan Snyder's ilk. 

The league has been extremely vocal about how important the D.C. market is to the NFL for myriad reasons.  Fertitta's track record with the Rockets and their fans is abysmal.  The fans hate him.  He's CHEAP.   I just cannot see the league allowing this guy to get his hands on one of their most important markets...and that important market being one that is in horrific shape to begin with, from everything from stadium to facilities, to treatment of families and everything else on that report card.  They'd be absolute fools to believe Fertitta would pump enough money and resources into this organization to make it a strong, viable entity once again.  

Just don't see it happening.  

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

i don't have a twitter page but these last few weeks it's apparent I should open 1 casue i could easily get validated by just spewing all types of stuff, i can see it now, my dog saw Dan Snyders dog at the dog park and he told my dog Dan is Selling next week....this twit by Andrew Brandt from a guy saying he knows Fertitta son is so laughable...(it could be true, but I just don't take Twitter to be the all knowing lol) specially from everyday folks whom this guy seems to be that twitted Brandt

Edited by Command The 414

For those that say "Anybody but Dan is better", you may want to really think about what you're saying.

Hell is supposed to have 7 levels.  Dan has brought us to the 7th level for sure.  BUT...there are a lot of truly terrible owners who occupy the other six levels of sports hell.  

Just because it isn't Dan doesn't mean we're going to be better.  Just about every conceivable aspect of this organization and market is on the 7th level.  It will take a GREAT owner who has a ton of money and is willing to invest it into the team and market to give us a chance at redemption.  

I don't just want a new owner...I want a great owner who is willing to do what it takes.  Fertitta ain't that guy by a damn sight.  IF he does end up with the team, I think I'm done.

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I don't prefer Fertitta either, but the idea that he could be worse than Snyder is absurd. 

A literal turd would be better than Danny.

This franchise and fanbase is so far down the hole, it's going to take A LOT more than just "better than Danny" - that's a huge hole the size of the Grand Canyon that can be filled with great owners, so-so owners and terrible owners.  We can still be a laughingstock of a team and completely irrelevant for decades with an owner that is "better than Danny"...because literally no one is worse.  But a new owner CAN be abysmal.  Dan Snyder isn't the only abysmal owner in sports, just the ruler of that particular realm.  

We need great ownership.

It's gonna take an owner who is 180 degrees from Dan.  It's gonna take tons of resources and a borderline miracle to resuscitate this organization and fanbase.  Cross all fingers that we get that sort of person as our next owner.  

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I don't prefer Fertitta either, but the idea that he could be worse than Snyder is absurd. 

I sure as hell hope that’s not the bar. The Fords and Bidwells are better than Danny but either of them would be a death knell to this organization with the shape we’re in now. Fertitta by all accounts isn’t that guy to put the huge investment needed to turn this franchise around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Is he better human being than Snyder? Perhaps.

But in terms of fielding a competitive team?

You don't want Fertitta...

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

49 minutes ago, Redwards said:

I have to believe that if Fertitta ends up being the guy Dan wants to sell to, the NFL would veto the sale.  They have to agree to allow the new owner in.   It's clear he's just another of Dan Snyder's ilk. 

The league has been extremely vocal about how important the D.C. market is to the NFL for myriad reasons.  Fertitta's track record with the Rockets and their fans is abysmal.  The fans hate him.  He's CHEAP.   I just cannot see the league allowing this guy to get his hands on one of their most important markets...and that important market being one that is in horrific shape to begin with, from everything from stadium to facilities, to treatment of families and everything else on that report card.  They'd be absolute fools to believe Fertitta would pump enough money and resources into this organization to make it a strong, viable entity once again.  

Just don't see it happening.  

He bought the Rockets on nearly 100% debt. He doesn’t have any liquidity to meet NFL rules. The owners would have to waive debt requirements for him in order to get approved plus he had gambling entanglements. The main question is would the owners push back on dumping Snyder? A waiver for Fertitta would solve their Dan headache so I’m not sure they would push back. 

• Sad 1

Under weather and hard to write so will be quick.

Fertita is worst kind of owner we could possibly get. Was my hope for Harris or Bezos in that order.

Great fear was Snyder find clone of himsekf to sell to and hurt us out of spite on his way out.

He just may have done so.

Hope not.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Reports are saying that there are 3 potential bidders but I would not be surprised if someone who wasn't even on the radar ends up bidding an winning. They are playing things close to the vest so in reality, no one knows whats going on behind the scene.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not sure the league would even approve Fertitta. He ain't exactly liquid.

I could see Dan choosing him just to be a dick knowing Fertilla won’t pass, just to make the owners say no.

At the end of this process, I still believe the most likely scenario is Bezos ends up with the team somehow because he has the money and the owners will want him in rge club.  The NFL is a more powerful organization with Bezos than without.

That’s a hunch.  It wouldn’t surprise me if it was Harris either.  

I also think it could be a ploy put out by the Snyder camp just to keep putting our stories fans won’t like.  Again, just to be a dick.  

• Like 4