Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

26 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Again that’s over the air. Has nothing to do with broadcasting on cable. There is too much money involved. College football will expand too. With the expanded college playoffs coming up, there will be clashes in the same window on Saturdays in December. It’s basically the NFL and college football as kings. Everything else gets the table scraps. A Friday night package is inevitable.

I do not see that distinction. If that were the case we would have Friday and Saturday Night NFL football during HS and College season now. But not that important. Agree to disagree. 

Not responding to the rest. Moving on. 

Think some of your perspectives are off. 

he’s not selling because he doesn’t want to own the team - he’s selling because he ran the brand into the ground and can’t seem to right the ship to deal with the financial issues. He’s also got countless investigations going on, or did. 

why would snyder, or anyone else for that batter, give one crap about the team or it’s fans when trying to sell something valued around 5-6 billion dollars? The idea anyone would think he would or should is sort of laughable. The only thing that matters is getting the most money. Which, unlike most complaints about him, is totally normal and expected behavior. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

Think some of your perspectives are off. 

he’s not selling because he doesn’t want to own the team - he’s selling because he ran the brand into the ground and can’t seem to right the ship to deal with the financial issues. He’s also got countless investigations going on, or did. 

why would snyder, or anyone else for that batter, give one crap about the team or it’s fans when trying to sell something valued around 5-6 billion dollars? The idea anyone would think he would or should is sort of laughable. The only thing that matters is getting the most money. Which, unlike most complaints about him, is totally normal and expected behavior. 

Only problem here is if the reports are accurate the dweeb is actively working NOT to get the most value. 

12 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

For me it boils down to this.

The take that some have on this story about beware about Dan keeping this team is he won't sell if he doesn't get 6 billion.

We got Keim (according to someone who listened to him last night, i missed that segment) saying they got a bid over 6 billion.  Perez saying the same thing.

And for those saying there are no offers that hit 6 --  the WP says the underdog bid, they aren't the favorite and bid over 5.5 bilion. 

So even going with the pessimistic take and buying the notion that Dan won't sell unless they hit 6 billion -- feels like we are already close to 6 billion even running with the most pessimistic take.

Don't want to jinx it but feels to me on the aggregate we are in a better place after these narratives now than we were before these stories.

To me I get the pessmisim for the crowd of Bezos is the be all and end all choice.  Mixed narratives cooking on that front as to Bezos chances.  That doesn't bother me, I would like Bezos but I am just as cool with Harris.  The new guy I am still digesting.  But anyone would be miles better than Dan.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Only problem here is if the reports are accurate the dweeb is actively working NOT to get the most value. 

Well yeah. But. That’s expected. My point was this idea he’s hurting the team by not selling quickly so changes can be made before the off-season begins is silly. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

So that really looks like a maneuver to rise the price of the team.

But that’s my point. It isn’t going to do anything to the sale price.  The bidders don’t get their news from the NY Post.  Or Wall Street journal.  

They get it through BofA and with access to all the information through the data room. Nothing printed in the media matters a damn if you’re inside the process.  They already have access to all the actual information.  

This totally smells like Dan is just taking the piss out of us.  He’s butt hurt he has to sell the team, and he’s releasing stuff to the press with the intention of just screwing with our minds and putting out there that there is doubt he will sell.  It’s a PR thing meant as a revenge tactic against the fam base with absolutely no bearing on the sale whatsoever. 

everybody should just not pay any attention to any of it or it will make you crazy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Snider alluding to Tilamn might mean good eating at the stadium :D

Fertitta owning a bunch of successful restaurants may be good for the fan experience, but his abysmal record with the Rockets speaks for itself.  Additionally, having a Texas-based owner for a DC-based based team doesn't make sense on a lot of levels.

All of the reporters who are referencing “the reporting” are being fooled by a media campaign that has nothing to do with reality.

Literally anybody who has knowledge of the sale, including Snyder, can’t say beans to anybody or risk extremely significant litigation for violating what is certainly an almost impenetrable NDA.  They exist for the protection of the process.  

Literally nothing, and I mean nothing, that is being reported is from anybody inside the process.  

Literally no conversation with anybody “in the know” or “close to the situation” is meaningful because it’s a binary situation: either you’ve signed the NDA and you are in the club and can’t talk about it,  or you haven’t and everything you are hearing is speculation from other people not in the club.

Literally the first information since December which has any legs is what Jason Wright said at the EB presser because he IS in the club.  And he didn’t event say anything other than it looks like a sale is happening.  Which is pretty safe.  

Both Sheehan and Bram have said at different times they have had “conversations with people close to the process.”  They know nothing.  Literally nothing.

Believe nothing reported.  Believe no conversations where a reporter has talked to somebody.  Literally nobody knows anything except those who signed the NDA, and they aren’t talking.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

All of the reporters who are referencing “the reporting” are being fooled by a media campaign that has nothing to do with reality.

Literally anybody who has knowledge of the sale, including Snyder, can’t say beans to anybody or risk extremely significant litigation for violating what is certainly an almost impenetrable NDA.  They exist for the protection of the process.  

Literally nothing, and I mean nothing, that is being reported is from anybody inside the process.  

Literally no conversation with anybody “in the know” or “close to the situation” is meaningful because it’s a binary situation: either you’ve signed the NDA and you are in the club and can’t talk about it,  or you haven’t and everything you are hearing is speculation from other people not in the club.

Literally the first information since December which has any legs is what Jason Wright said at the EB presser because he IS in the club.  And he didn’t event say anything other than it looks like a sale is happening.  Which is pretty safe.  

Both Sheehan and Bram have said at different times they have had “conversations with people close to the process.”  They know nothing.  Literally nothing.

Believe nothing reported.  Believe no conversations where a reporter has talked to somebody.  Literally nobody knows anything except those who signed the NDA, and they aren’t talking.  

So you're saying I shouldn't cry myself to sleep for the next week? 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For me it boils down to this.

Everybody is being played.  Nobody knows anything.  None of the reporters know anything.  

Keim knows nothing. Perez knows nothing. There is literally no way an actual bid price gets out given the NDAs surrounding the process. 

NOTE: somebody is going to have guessed right on the reporting and then will claim they had a good source.  Trust me, it will be blind luck. 

If Harris found out Dan leaked his actual bid, he’d have cause to sue the everloving pants off of Dan, to the tune of tens of millions of dollars, maybe even the difference between the sale price and the reported price, which could be $500M or more, for breaking the NDA.  

These things are iron clad.  Nobody is risking the type of law suits which would come if they broke the NDA.  Not even Dan.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Everybody is being played.  Nobody knows anything.  None of the reporters know anything.  

Keim knows nothing. Perez knows nothing. There is literally no way an actual bid price gets out given the NDAs surrounding the process. 

NOTE: somebody is going to have guessed right on the reporting and then will claim they had a good source.  Trust me, it will be blind luck. 

If Harris found out Dan leaked his actual bid, he’d have cause to sue the everloving pants off of Dan, to the tune of tens of millions of dollars, maybe even the difference between the sale price and the reported price, which could be $500M or more, for breaking the NDA.  

These things are iron clad.  Nobody is risking the type of law suits which would come if they broke the NDA.  Not even Dan.  

What about people from the firm that Mr. Amazon hired? if he's banned from making a bid can't someone from that side be free to put out there whatever they want to the press?

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I hear you but tough to imagine reporters especially with a history of integrity like Keim all of a sudden just making stuff up.

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

What about people from the firm that Mr. Amazon hired? if he's banned from making a bid can't someone from that side be free to put out there whatever they want to the press?

The only way would be if they were refused entry into the process and didn’t sign the NDA.

This is possible.  But BofA, or any top notch investment bank would typically not exclude the third richest person in the world from the process.  They aren’t stupid. And Dan, for all his faults, knows how the deal process works.

If they truly are going to black ball Bezos, first you make him sign the NDA, then you black ball him.  Then he can’t say anything about it.

But his peeps are free to speak to the BofA people once they sign the NDA.

Let’s say they were locked out. And then they say, “hey, whatever your hugest bid is, we’ll offer $250M more.”  Even if he was initially excluded, my guess is after that, he would be included.  

So I’m going back to, literally nobody knows anything and all the reporting is just meant to mess with the fans heads. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I hear you but tough to imagine reporters especially with a history of integrity like Keim all of a sudden just making stuff up.

They won’t make it up.  They will trust a source who has absolutely no idea they don’t know they are being played. Or is making a conjecture.  Or something like that.  And then Keim will say “I heard from somebody close to the situation….” The problem is, he doesn’t understand the person he’s taking to is NOT close to the situation and anybody who is close to the situation isn’t saying a damn word.  

None of the reporters are skilled business reporters.  They are football guys.  They don’t know what they don’t know.  All of them have said some of the most factually incorrect and completely inaccurate things about the sale process out of ignorance.  And that’s not a knock.  This isn’t their bag. Business reporters would get into trouble if they had to cover a training camp. Football reporters get into trouble while trying to cover a complex, multi-billion dollar financial transaction.

• Like 1