Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

On 12/12/2022 at 1:35 PM, Fan since a Fetus said:

yes, he has mounting debts that have to be repaid and that goes into what I am saying here. I didn’t mean he had to sell today. With the hearing and his debts with crumbling infrastructure, if he doesn’t sell within the next couple of years, he stays for our lifetime.

I never doubt some fool joining his ownership team. There are plenty of dumbasses out there with money to spend. If the NFL doesn’t push him out, then you can consider him and all other owners untouchable. Someone most definitely will buy into a flailing franchise to get in on the action.

Never be surprised how the wealthy spend their money. 

I don’t really care about the Ravens fan base. I don’t deal with them. I haven’t lived in the DC area for 30 years although I visit frequently. The last time I remember being in Maryland is when I drove a whole day to get to the Fed Ex dump and watched the Redskins thoroughly whip the Rams 13-10. I think that was the score. A long time ago. 

"Never be surprised how the wealthy spend their money."

Absolutely true.

As an aside, to some, the film "Eyes Wide Shut" was an investigative documentary exposing what the powerful and wealthy do behind the curtain, masquerading as fiction.

It's a shame Kubrick unexpectedly died during post production and his original edit (including some very controversial footage) was mysteriously lost to history.

Would have been interesting, if not enlightening, to have seen what others involved in the undertaking have called a "truly mind blowing experience".

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BleedBNG said:

Starting to think it's not going to be Bezos. That's fine, just get rid of Dan and I'm down with it.

From the article:

"...Lots of competition - Assuming Bezos isn’t in the hunt for the team there will be plenty of competition. NFL franchises have immense value and there are plenty of billionaires that want to tap into the powerful D.C. market. Plus, if a new owner had the liquidity and political clout to get a new stadium deal done in the District, the future of the Washington franchise could be an absolute cash cow.

Two names to watch are billionaires with local ties in Todd Boehly and Josh Harris, but there will be plenty of interested parties."

JP ain't mentioning names randomly.

This is the closest to a hint he can give us without breaking confidentiality or revealing his sources.

Anybody know anything about Boehly and Harris?

• Sad 2

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/14/nfl-will-have-no-update-this-week-on-mary-jo-whites-investigation-of-commanders-this-week/

NFL will have no update this week on Mary Jo White’s investigation of Commanders this week

The NFL’s owners will meet Wednesday in Texas. The Commissioner likely will meet with reporters after the session ends.

And when the Commissioner is asked the inevitable question about the ongoing investigation of the Commanders, we already know the answer.

Via Daniel Kaplan of TheAthletic.com, Chief NFL Spokesman Brian McCarthy said there will be “no update” this week as to Mary Jo White’s investigation regarding the Commanders and, specifically, the alleged misconduct of owner Daniel Snyder.

Here are some alternative questions that perhaps should be posed to the Commissioner, when he speaks to the media.

When will the investigation be finished?

Why is it taking so long?

Does last week’s report from the Oversight Committee impact Snyder’s current status?

Is he permitted to show up at the team facility, or not?

Is Snyder selling the team or not?

If he doesn’t take steps to sell the team, will steps be taken to hold a vote on whether to force him to sell?

What is your reaction to the testimony from former team president Bruce Allen that Snyder said, “I’m going to follow — I’m going to have him followed, follow the Commissioner. You know, I’m going to find something out about him”?

The NFL has been behaving for months as if it’s afraid of Snyder. It’s fair to wonder whether the man who runs the NFL is concerned that Snyder did indeed “follow” him — and that perhaps Snyder found something that keeps the Commissioner from trying to force Snyder out.

I don’t know why the NFL isn’t being more aggressive with Snyder. I don’t know why the Beth Wilkinson investigation was brushed under the rug, why the league continues to cling to the nonsensical argument that there can be no witness anonymity without complete and total secrecy. But I do know that something hasn’t seemed right about any of this from the moment the NFL strategically selected Thursday, July 1 for its vague and cursory announcement regarding the Commanders.

Even now, after Snyder has said he’ll explore selling the team but has yet to take any obvious steps toward doing so, it feels as if forces within 345 Park Avenue and bending themselves into knots to never challenge him.

On Wednesday, we’ll see whether any of the owners (like Jim Irsay of the Colts) will have anything to say about the situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, rockluc said:

I could be wrong but it seems to me the NFL is giving Dan a chance to sell before the MJW interview so the report can’t be completed and it all becomes moot in their minds. Not sure it’ll work but something seems amiss for sure. 

I don’t think you’re wrong. I think the NFL is purposely pushing back the release date of their findings because they are so much worse then what has previously come out and they are just as much in the dog**** as Snyder. If he sells, they avoid embarrassment because everyone will move on. If they release a report at that time, it will be minor and about what we have already heard. 

The NFL could release a report right now and have it be minor as well, however, they will probably take a PR hit. If Snyder is gone, the rest of the league will save face. They’re probably hoping he sells. 

of course, the other billionaires could stick up for one of their own and hope this whole situation blows over in time. 

10 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I don’t think you’re wrong. I think the NFL is purposely pushing back the release date of their findings because they are so much worse then what has previously come out and they are just as much in the dog**** as Snyder. If he sells, they avoid embarrassment because everyone will move on. If they release a report at that time, it will be minor and about what we have already heard. 

The NFL could release a report right now and have it be minor as well, however, they will probably take a PR hit. If Snyder is gone, the rest of the league will save face. They’re probably hoping he sells. 

of course, the other billionaires could stick up for one of their own and hope this whole situation blows over in time. 

Getting vibes this is happening yet again, but I hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

His lawyer said that like a month ago, she definitely could have spoken to him by now.

I saw something either on twitter or a tweet posted here on a previous page within the past few days that said she still hasn’t interviewed him as of yet, so it’s definitely a current update.

On 12/11/2022 at 1:04 PM, Andre The Giant said:

@spjunkies the recent tweet I was referring to 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I feel like MJW would talk to Dan last because final boss. Also due to scheduling. While he's dodging Congress he's not flying her out to his yacht.

It's becoming clear to me that the MJW investigation is a complete sham, because even if she was being allowed to do her job the league will never release the results...or do anything about what she reports.This was all done for optics because the NFL thinks the average fan is dumber than a box of rocks. Or they'll just come up with some excuse like saying she couldn't complete the investigation because Snyder refused to meet with her.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I feel like MJW would talk to Dan last because final boss. Also due to scheduling. While he's dodging Congress he's not flying her out to his yacht.

Been part of a formal legal investigation once, where my client was the target of the investigation.  I was told by someone in the know that the target of the investigation is typically the last person questioned. 

• Like 4

JP Finlay is at the owners meeting.  He didn't elaborate outside of saying he was at the bar last night, implying he talked to some people.  And his conclusion is Dan is selling.

Edit: Finlay though probably will have a stronger vibe I’d guess after today but that was the vibe he had so far but he didn’t elaborate on why.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3