Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Just want to see ol’ Joe Gibbs join the ownership group. He already has a racing group.

Joe is almost 82 years old and going through his second unimaginable tragedy in the last 3 years.

I'd be very surprised if he had any interest at all in putting anything else on his plate right now.

• Like 4

The Joe Gibbs obsession is a bit odd. Granted I wasn’t alive for most of that run, and I loved him growing up. But he hasn’t exactly won me over the last decade or so being BFF with Dan, advising on bad hires, etc. he’s also got his hands full in NC and has a lot of tragedies going on in his life. 

Let Joe be part of the past glory. But it’s time to move on. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

20 hours ago, Conn said:

Right, Sally Jenkins has been right all along and was fighting the good fight long before most posters here, but some of those posters still hate her because they can’t shake how they used to feel even though they now agree with her.

What's worse?

I agree with John Feinstein...

I need to shower. For a month straight.

9 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Wait, Magic Mike is the movie they associate with Matthew McConaughey? Like seriously? Guys and their dangly bits are what the NY Post thinks is his best performance and one of his most well known films?

Next, they’ll say Viggo Mortenson from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3.

Oh the free agent wooing will be amazing. You can either hang out with Jay-Z or Matthew McConaughey.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

They could’ve joined the bidding group.

The Walton family did add some people after buying the team. Didn’t Condelizza Rice join the group after the sale.

Interesting that Texan Mathew McConaughney is a Redskins fan.

I think Mellody Hobson and Condoleezza Rice are a different kind of ownership group than Jay-Z and McConaughey. I mean.... maybe. 

As far as Texans, there are a chunk in the state that do hate Dallas. Not just the old Oilers/Texans fans. 

20 hours ago, Conn said:

Right, Sally Jenkins has been right all along and was fighting the good fight long before most posters here, but some of those posters still hate her because they can’t shake how they used to feel even though they now agree with her.

I dislike her because I feel like she's detached from the region, and when someone like Liz Clarke and Fortier or Jhabvala or Will Hobson do the leg work on something. Like all the money for silence or whatever. The next day Sally would have an article pulling from their work, but located higher on the WaPo site. Felt like a diss to the people here doing the reporting now.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I dislike her because I feel like she's detached from the region, and when someone like Liz Clarke and Fortier or Jhabvala or Will Hobson do the leg work on something. Like all the money for silence or whatever. The next day Sally would have an article pulling from their work, but located higher on the WaPo site. Felt like a diss to the people here doing the reporting now.

I don't think you have to be from this region to hate Dan Snyder.  Everyone should be able to join in the fun.

I see where you're coming from, though.  But the people you cited are beat reporters and/or investigative journalists.  Jenkins is an op-ed type.  So while they all fall under the umbrella of journalists, they have separate roles.  And like I said, you don't have to live in the DMV to hate Snyder and write eloquently about him.

I mean...

We can’t know whether Snyder has seriously tried to extort Goodell and his business partners or whether he’s guilty of trying to intimidate witnesses on an “enemies” list. What we can be sure of is that whenever Snyder thinks he’s fooling others, he’s actually fooling himself. His bad faith always doubles back on itself like a boomerang. He fools himself that he has found the right high-priced free agent or franchise quarterback to force on his dismayed coaches, and when it doesn’t work, it’s all the fault of underlings. He fools himself that he’s one good season from being loved by a fan base that has fled. He fools himself that he’s worthy of being called “Mr. Snyder” even though his behavior requires not courtesy but a floor mop.

...that is good writing.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I agree with @Spaceman Spiff. He can spend the rest of his life circling **** Off Island on his yacht (which I hope sinks, with no one on it of course).

If Snyder still doesn't get that literally everyone in the DMV loathes him and that no one will believe his imaginary cautionary tale, then at least we'd all get one last laugh at him... 🤣

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

If Snyder still doesn't get that literally everyone in the DMV loathes him and that no one will believe his imaginary cautionary tale, then at least we'd all get one last laugh at him... 🤣

He is so unbelievably delusional. No one is out to get him--HE did this all to himself. Nothing he's done here has benefitted anybody but him. He derped his way to a 700% profit.

Over/Under: 15 years, Snyder claims bankruptcy.

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A Jay-Z and Jeff Bezos partnership to buy the Washington Commanders seems to be full throttle ... because Monday night the two billionaires grabbed dinner in LA -- breaking bread for more than two hours.

The duo hit up Horses on the Sunset Strip at around 7:30 PM -- just a couple days after it was revealed they both had a mutual interest in putting in a bid for Daniel Snyder's Commanders. The restaurant is closed Monday, but the owner opened the doors just for them.

2c3c715e6f8a49a0a3b58b366548a5ef_md.jpg

TMZ Sports has learned Bezos stayed tableside until about 9:30 ... while Jay didn't leave until after midnight.

Both men kept things low-key as they entered and exited the restaurant -- Jay was in a beanie and a hoodie, while Bezos was in a casual polo. Lauren Sanchez accompanied JB -- while Corey Gamble appeared to be there alongside HOV -- not sure why.

d752e95841da4aa8bbafe6e72793ebc0_md.jpg

You'll recall, Snyder revealed last week he had hired Bank of America to explore a potential sale of his team ... and almost immediately afterward, Bezos and Jay-Z expressed interest.

The price tag won't be cheap -- Snyder is looking for more than $7 BILLION for the org. -- that's in the pocket change region for the 2 titans.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

He is so unbelievably delusional. No one is out to get him--HE did this all to himself. Nothing he's done here has benefitted anybody but him. He derped his way to a 700% profit.

Over/Under: 15 years, Snyder claims bankruptcy.

One thing we see from people who constantly fail upward is it does eventually catch up to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't think you have to be from this region to hate Dan Snyder.  Everyone should be able to join in the fun.

I see where you're coming from, though.  But the people you cited are beat reporters and/or investigative journalists.  Jenkins is an op-ed type.  So while they all fall under the umbrella of journalists, they have separate roles.  And like I said, you don't have to live in the DMV to hate Snyder and write eloquently about him.

You are 100% right. But I think the WaPo Op-Ed types for local sports should be living locally and going to many of the events or talking to the people they are writing about. Snyder aside, I am cool if there is a tribe in the Amazon who hasn't been contacted, but hate Snyder. I support them.

However..... on the spectrum of sports Op-Eds in DC. You had/have Boswell on one side who was at everything all the time and you have Jenkins who I think still lives out of town. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A Jay-Z and Jeff Bezos partnership to buy the Washington Commanders seems to be full throttle ... because Monday night the two billionaires grabbed dinner in LA -- breaking bread for more than two hours.

The duo hit up Horses on the Sunset Strip at around 7:30 PM -- just a couple days after it was revealed they both had a mutual interest in putting in a bid for Daniel Snyder's Commanders. The restaurant is closed Monday, but the owner opened the doors just for them.

2c3c715e6f8a49a0a3b58b366548a5ef_md.jpg

TMZ Sports has learned Bezos stayed tableside until about 9:30 ... while Jay didn't leave until after midnight.

Both men kept things low-key as they entered and exited the restaurant -- Jay was in a beanie and a hoodie, while Bezos was in a casual polo. Lauren Sanchez accompanied JB -- while Corey Gamble appeared to be there alongside HOV -- not sure why.

d752e95841da4aa8bbafe6e72793ebc0_md.jpg

You'll recall, Snyder revealed last week he had hired Bank of America to explore a potential sale of his team ... and almost immediately afterward, Bezos and Jay-Z expressed interest.

The price tag won't be cheap -- Snyder is looking for more than $7 BILLION for the org. -- that's in the pocket change region for the 2 titans.

Yeah I know, they are billionaires and can dress any damn way they please...but if im going out to a nice dinner to discuss dropping a few billion dollars on a football team im wearing something more than a beanie, hoodie, sweatpants and sneakers. Come on guys!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 9
  • Thumb up 1

As if the WaPo hasn’t been crushing Dan long before Bezos purchased it.  As if the most recent and scathing report wasn’t issued by ESPN.

I’m not surprised at all that Dan subscribes to conspiracy theories as for why he’s in deep 💩 and nobody likes him.  I venture a guess he tells anyone that he pays to listen that the fanbase has been brainwashed by the media.  I’m certain this is what he tells himself so he can sleep at night.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Yeah I know, they are billionaires and can dress any damn way they please...but if im going out to a nice dinner to discuss dropping a few billion dollars on a football team im wearing something more than a beanie, hoodie, sweatpants and sneakers. Come on guys!

Read the room, Chris.  Read the room.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

The Joe Gibbs obsession is a bit odd. Granted I wasn’t alive for most of that run, and I loved him growing up. But he hasn’t exactly won me over the last decade or so being BFF with Dan, advising on bad hires, etc. he’s also got his hands full in NC and has a lot of tragedies going on in his life. 

Let Joe be part of the past glory. But it’s time to move on. 

He gets every pass there is and should. For me, he's 99% of my good memories as a Skins fan... a flash of RG3 and one ish playoff run with Captain K, everything else is Gibbs. I don't know why he continues to help Dan, maybe he's just like us and can't quit this team. If Joe wants in on ownership, roll out the red carpet. 

I agree, he probably has too much going on. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I mean...

...that is good writing.

Snyder sounds like one of those Scooby Doo villains. "And I would have succeeded if it hadn't been for that meddling / lying Washington Post!"

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I get what you are saying, but they are just two guys having a dinner date. I’m not here to judge. I think a lot of people are trending away from the uptight all business look. Not everybody, but I think this particular occasion doesn’t call for it. 

They would dress differently if they were in front of the other NFL owners. Like, maybe, below the knees dresses with heels.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I get what you are saying, but they are just two guys having a dinner date. I’m not here to judge. I think a lot of people are trending away from the uptight all business look. Not everybody, but I think this particular occasion doesn’t call for it. 

They would dress differently if they were in front of the other NFL owners. Like, maybe, below the knees dresses with heels.

Also... it's Los Angeles. Trust me, the only people who dress up are agents (and they're not happy about it).

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1