Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

I expect some heart burn this offseason from the sale.  I still remember what happened during the last sale.  We watched our franchise QB leave to go on to have a ring of fame career for another team (Trent Green with KC).  I expect there to be some no brainer signings we simply don't do, and as such we will have at least a year of missed opportunities.  Sign the 5th year option on player taken second in the draft...from whose check-book?  Resigning other players who made parts of our team work will be a huge accomplishment.

I think this is the pain part of a franchise sale many are overlooking.

It will still be worth it.

• Like 2

I get the sentiment but if a minority stake sale was announced after all this….FedEx Field might not make it through the night. People being given this gift of hope only to have it torn away would leave things 10x worse than they already were with the fanbase. And it was historically bad. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, gbear said:

I expect some heart burn this offseason from the sale.  I still remember what happened during the last sale.  We watched our franchise QB leave to go on to have a ring of fame career for another team (Trent Green with KC).  I expect there to be some no brainer signings we simply don't do, and as such we will have at least a year of missed opportunities.  Sign the 5th year option on player taken second in the draft...from whose check-book?  Resigning other players who made parts of our team work will be a huge accomplishment.

Going to be so devastated when Heinicke leaves to go on to have a ring of fame career with the Montreal Alouettes. 😩

😉

• Haha 12
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't want to offend any of you guys, so I'll ask politely first:  

How many of you guys actually like the Commanders name and would you be upset if the new owner changed it?

I wouldn't say I like it, but I'm already used to it.  It's a name.  I'd rather not have 4 names in 5 years or whatever it'd be.  And having gone through this process once, there's not a lot of great options out there. 

1 minute ago, Conn said:

I get the sentiment but if a minority stake sale was announced after all this….FedEx Field might not make it through the night. People being given this gift of hope only to have it torn away would leave things 10x worse than they already were with the fanbase. And it was historically bad. 

There would be a massive parade if this happened

with pitchforks

and torches

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gbear said:

I think most people here truly don’t care. I would cut the entire team, every single player and move forward with a roster full of UDFA’s and a half decade of dead cap if that’s what it took. For real. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I like Commanders just fine.

But I really like RedWolves!

This.

Commanders is growing on me, I'm going to lose track if we change the name for the 3rd time in not even 4 years...

Jus do what the Wizards did, keep the name, but clean up all the nonsense around it while doing more respect to the history of the franchise.

Some things I jus want some clean breaks from, like the fight song, please murder that HTTC nonsense ASAP.

I'm more concerned with winning then the name now, so tired of losing.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, SkinsFTW said:

This team might go cheaper than everyone thinks. Considering the stadium and facilities are so run down and probably would need to be replaced asap. 

Nah. It’ll break every record just to afford the new owner the privilege of spending all that money on facilities etc., just because it’s the most recent team to go for sale. You’re buying a money printing machine when you buy an NFL franchise, and paying for the right to build a monument to your own ego is part of the appeal. Whoever buys this team immediately gets to remake it in their own image from the foundations up—because of everything that needs to be torn down, it will be the cleanest slate anyone has ever purchased in the NFL. And when you’re that rich already, truly no price is too high for that. I agree with the people who think it gets sold for 1.5-2M+ more than the Broncos just went for. It’s going to be stupid imo. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

This team might go cheaper than everyone thinks. Considering the stadium and facilities are so run down and probably would need to be replaced asap. 

Subtract the cost of Dan's porta-potties and Bezos will make it right as rain... 🤣

10 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

What’s the French translation for “moxie”?

Le Moxie... ?

12 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I wouldn't say I like it, but I'm already used to it.  It's a name.  I'd rather not have 4 names in 5 years or whatever it'd be.  And having gone through this process once, there's not a lot of great options out there. 

There are currently 171,146 words in the English language. They can come up with something better. I want a clean sweep of everything Snyder. 

I’ll even go for something not English. Martes de Tacos is infinitely better than Commanders!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Hell no on keeping the name if for no other reason that it was the name Doofus Dan choose while pretending to be asking for the fans input. 

Some of yall settin up to get your feeling hurt, doing another name change might be what some of us want, but that doesn't mean it's gonna be on Bezos or Jay's priority list at all. 

Cleaning house and getting a new stadium are gonna be enough work as it is, neither one of them are originally from the area, so don't expect them to be looking at this from a DMV resident fan perspective.

In 2-3 years, folks complaining about being named the Commanders are going to come across jus as annoying as folks wishing we'd change our name back to the Redskins, it's not normal to be bouncing around names like that at all, i ain't fittin to get mad if they don't because it doesn't make sense business-wise outside your complaint that will get overwhelmed by the number of new fans that's will come in once we start winning again.

I don't see it and don't care anymore, I'm singing HTTR during the games anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't want to offend any of you guys, so I'll ask politely first:  

How many of you guys actually like the Commanders name and would you be upset if the new owner changed it?

Say what you want about TMZ but if it's on there, it's got legs.  They're hardly ever wrong.

I honestly do not care. I didn't care about this name change other than I would have stuck with Washington Football team but it was not a big deal. Just will be happy to have a new owner. It will be thier team. Change it don't change it. Just create a better organization, one that gives a **** about thier employees and the procduct on the field, but not in a narcissistic way. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

35 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

What’s the French translation for “moxie”?

Officially, none.

Not sure I ever understood the word correctly either to give an appropriate answer to this...

20 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Le Moxie!

image.gif

That's a war declaration!

• Haha 1

Just now, Wildbunny said:

Officially, none.

Not sure I ever understood the word correctly either to give an appropriate answer to this...

I was surprised, but the word actually comes from the soft drink named "Moxie". So the French translation is also "moxie", because the word comes from the proper noun. According to Wikipedia, the guy named the drink after a friend of his named "Lieutenant Moxie".

Does any of this make sense? No. But neither does Taylor Heinicke's career, so hey, it's fitting!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I was surprised, but the word actually comes from the soft drink named "Moxie". So the French translation is also "moxie", because the word comes from the proper noun. According to Wikipedia, the guy named the drink after a friend of his named "Lieutenant Moxie".

Does any of this make sense? No. But neither does Taylor Heinicke's career, so hey, it's fitting!

so-be-it-emperor-palpatine.gif

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

It’s going to be significantly higher than everyone thinks. 11 figures I don’t think is out of the realm of possibility.