Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Vikings ~ Cousins Bringing his Gas Grill!

zCommander

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

My fly by assessment whatever that means is that I think that our QB is so absolutely terrible that our offense won't be able to sustain drives long enough to keep the defense off the field and by the second half, they'll be so gassed that the Vikings will be able to score at will.

Interesting so the last two games Heinicke is 67.2% completion, 480 yards, 240 ypg, 7.5 ypa, 4 total tds, 2 ints, and 91.9 rating against the 2nd and 11th best passing defenses in the league is going to be so bad Sunday that he can’t sustain drives against a defense that ranks 28th in pass yards per game and 28th in overall ypg? Kirk Cousins is at 66.6 %, 1734yya, 6.6 ypa, 11 tds to 5 ints with a 90.7 rating is gonna be so good Sunday that he’s going to light up a defense giving up 14.5 pts per,  292 yards per, 29% on third down, 12 sacks and 5 turnovers over last 4 games 06C1D3EF-8988-439D-9C20-1F14F801F345.gif.5985f5d3bac3ef7eee3581778cc87b3d.gif

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Not the best metric probably (and obviously there’s context involved), but our offense has had 5 3-and-outs the past two weeks.  To give a bit of a reference point to that - the Vikings have had 14.

Not directed at you:  I think this game’s a good test for us, in terms of having a better feel for where we’re at.  Since Turner started talking about running the ball more, we ran well vs a pretty inept CHI, didn’t run much vs TEN (which I’m guessing came in large part due to our 3rd down woes), faced the worst run D (Packers), then an ok Colts team with a first time NFL qb.  Point being, comparing this game to the TEN game might be informative (to some extent).  2 pretty decent-good, and somewhat balanced, teams.

2 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Interesting so the last two games Heinicke is 67.2% completion, 480 yards, 240 ypg, 7.5 ypa, 4 total tds, 2 ints, and 91.9 rating against the 2nd and 11th best passing defenses in the league is going to be so bad Sunday that he can’t sustain drives against a defense that ranks 28th in pass yards per game and 28th in overall ypg? Kirk Cousins is at 66.6 %, 1734yya, 6.6 ypa, 11 tds to 5 ints with a 90.7 rating is gonna be so good Sunday that he’s going to light up a defense giving up 14.5 pts per,  292 yards per, 29% on third down, 12 sacks and 5 turnovers over last 4 games 06C1D3EF-8988-439D-9C20-1F14F801F345.gif.5985f5d3bac3ef7eee3581778cc87b3d.gif

Lots of moxie in these two posts. Gotta love the optimism. 

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean, what’s 23(packers game) + 17(colts game)? 

that seems to be 38+ points over a two game stretch, to be fair 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just a little satire. 

I am simply not a fan of TH, that's all.  Him and his Jordans.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Lots of moxie in these two posts. Gotta love the optimism. 

I just don’t think the Vikings are as good as their record suggests. The 4 Vikings fans I work with would tell you the same. Their wins have come against teams a combined 18-29. One of those wins being against a tua less dolphins team. Not saying our opponents are world beaters or anything just saying they haven’t been some juggernaut is all 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I think Heinicke has finally broken @Koolblue13 😁

I was ****ing hammered when I originally made the prediction. Watching the Phillies lose last night really hurt and I don't even remember writing that. Then z told me I had a wrong opinion, so I (so I thought) very obviously trolled him and then other posters wanted top argue over stats which is annoying.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I was ****ing hammered when I originally made the prediction. Watching the Phillies lose last night really hurt and I don't even remember writing that. Then z told me I had a wrong opinion, so I (so I thought) very obviously trolled him and then other posters wanted top argue over stats which is annoying.

Condolences on your Phillies game.  If I’d known you were in the dumps and just trolling to let off steam, I definitely wouldn’t have brought facts to the opinion party.

I see RR feels the same as I do - that this is really a measuring stick sort of game.  As I said before though, I think we take a bit of a beating… guess we’ll see.  

I think best case scenario, the D-line terrorizes Cousins into making a couple of bad throws, leading to turnovers. Hopefully one or both are deep in Vikings territory which gives the offense a short field.  

I think the main thing for me, going into every game where Heinicke is the QB, is trying to figure out what a realistic amount of points the offense will score vs how few points the defense will give up.  I know in a round about way that is just common sense, but what I mean is, I don't really see Heinicke as the kind of QB that can win a game that ends up a shoot out or just a regular higher scoring game, so this game really comes down to if the defense can make things managable for the offense.  Our last 3 opponents haven't been very good on the offense.  Aaron Rodgers was the exception but he basically was throwing to a RB for his #1 WR option the entire game. The Vikings are an actual good offense and will be a much more stringent test to see how much the defense really has improved verus playing some not so hot offenses.

Given Cousins history when he is being pressured consistently, I definitely think it's possible to win a 20-17 type game, but if the mistakes, blown coverages are made by the defense and the Vikes end up scoring closer to 27-30 points, I don't have much confidence in the offense scoring enough to win.  

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Let me troll back at you then with this 😁

Looks like we have the edge 😊

Screenshot_20221104-172632.thumb.png.39e1e8228a14f775e3175e98a128e187.png