Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Commanders > Colts

KDawg

8 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

As teams realize that we are reverting back to what we ran last year, they will pretty much load the box more and more and with TH at QB all we can do is run our rush heavy offense right into it. We are not far off from seeing the same kind of pathetic showings we saw out of last years Giants game.

This right here 100 percent. 

This is exactly why I'm frustrated despite the 3 game win streak.

I re-watched the game on short cuts thinking hey maybe with fresh eyes I'll see things I didn't see yesterday but nope, heinicke was atrocious, our gameplan was to throw everything short because he just doesn't have the arm to get it downfield with any consistency. 

I think it wasn't until the 3rd quarter that he had his second throw over 10 air yards.

Our offense is only going to get worse as teams move closer and closer to the line of scrimmage tempting heinicke to launch up jump balls.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

Maybe, she's got a stronger arm than heinicke. 

But no seriously, I'm just taking a step back and looking at the big picture.

Tired of this cycle of grinding out 7 or 8 nail-biting ugly wins against below average teams.

That's all your ever going to get from heinicke. 

I'll make you a promise though, if we beat the Vikings and eagles to get to 6-4 I'll be here and you can force feed me crow all you want.

I don't see it happening though, and even if we miraculously beat the Vikings with some last second heroics the eagles will kill us and we'll be that .500 team I'm talking about.

It’s the most frustrating thing. This team is clearly going no where

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

@KDawgwere you the poster I was debating with when I said the Commies made a big mistake in not drafting Kyle Hamilton?    If so I want to say that after 8 games I was way off on that one.   I knew Dotson would be good but not this good, not sure what the Hell happened with Hamilton.  

Yeah, pretty sure that was me

• Like 1

I was at the game yesterday, and it was awesome to see Terry make that catch live!  Also, fans at Lucas Oil Stadium are very friendly, I had a group let me sit next to them when eating in the club level. The lady I sat next to during the game was telling me about the Colts and how much she hates Matt Ryan lol. And finally, all the heckling I heard towards our team (I was behind our bench) was actually funny and not too disrespectful. 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, BleedBNG said:

Just want to give a big shout out to Curtis Samuel who time and time again gets us out of tough situations and keeps the O moving along for potential scoring drives. Thank you Curtis!

Dude needs some Pierre Garcon fangs

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

The frustrating part for me is... what else is Turner supposed to do right now? I could blast him earlier in the season for poor choices and designs but now? This is why he was gifted a contract extension, b/c he again has little control over the quality of product on the field right now thu minimal fault of his own.

After a season+ of seeing TH at the helm it is mind numbingly apparent that due to TH's limitations doing absolutely everything in your power to make sure he does not DEPTH CHARGE your team is the only pathway to success with him.

We 100% have to be one of the most rush centric offenses in the NFL to have any hope. Anything else would be ritual seppuku

We 100% have to limit his throwing distance by dialing up shallow crossers and screens b/c TH does not have the accuracy or arm strength to hit certain passes w/ regularity or reliability.

We are playing our offense in a 10 yard box... again. And we have no choice but to do so.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

If they signed my grandmother this week and started her at quarterback it'd be hard for me not to root for her but I wouldn't be excited at our prospects of winning. 

That basically sums up my feelings for heinicke.

Love the guy, think his heart and grit are admirable but he's never going to be a good quarterback, his arm strength and accuracy are too lacking.

The "Mob for Maw-Maw" thread coming soon!

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

We 100% have to limit his throwing distance by dialing up shallow crossers and screens b/c TH does not have the accuracy or arm strength to hit certain passes w/ regularity or reliability.

We are playing our offense in a 10 yard box... again. And we have no choice but to do so.

Taylor has completed 67.2% of his passes. QBR of 47 compared to Wentz's 33. 

Wentz hasn't been able to throw down the field using his arm because of our OL not giving him enough time to do so. It is the same OL Taylor has to play with. So this idea of if we had a better QB is a moot point. We did trade for a better QB. So there is that.

As for Turner, he is calling plays his QB can run just like he did with Wentz. Taylor's mobility buys him some time and can do some stuff Wentz wasn't able to do or wouldn't do.

We have been in the 10 yard box all season long though. 

Heinicke made some plays when he had to in those last two drives and McLaurin's catch was obviously special. That said, defense won the game and those two fumbles they caused were huge. Indianapolis was inside our 30 and in easy scoring range for at least 3 pts. or more when our D made them cough it up on a sack and then a picture perfect tackle by Forrest.

Although we didn't score on either of those turnovers, they more importantly prevented Indy from scoring anything, as any points by them on those two drives would've likely won the game for them. Stopping Ehlinger inches short of the sticks on that 3rd down run late in the game was obviously huge as well. If we don't get off the field right there, they get a fresh set of downs, we use our timeouts and are likely toast. 

We are now 4-0 in games when we get at least one turnover and 0-4 in games when getting none. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

If you add Wentz to that we pick up over $43MM in cap space to use on players who can actually make plays.

*exhales...tempting...I jus can't do it yet.  He has to prove he's not even the short term answer to jus let him go versus restructure. 

At this rate we may have a mid-first round pick and not enough ammo to move up even if Wentz doesnt meet the 70% threahold.  We don't have a better option yet for 2023 at least, I'll listen when we do.

Edited by Renegade7

2 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Good news, even after franchise tagging Daron Payne, we can get to 40-45 million cap room pretty easily. Our offseason is whatever we want to do, and the guys we cut aren't currently helping our team all that much anyways.

I think Turner needs to look at our o-line, realize some of their limitations in space, and decide not to call certain plays. Norwell is going to whiff on guys in space all day long because he's 32 and can't move like he used to. How many screens are getting blown up from LB's or S's evading Norwell in space and still closing on the ballcarrier? Too many.

The coaches need to realize that Logan Thomas isn't (right now) who he was before the injury, he should not be getting the majority of TE snaps until he shows he's healthier.

Absolutely. He's not in the same hemisphere as his former self. Will he ever be? It's hard to say for sure. I hope so but Armani is incredibly more dangerous to opponents right now and it's not even close.

• Thumb up 1

I posted a couple weeks ago but will say it again. Jamin is playing awesome and I was way too quick to say he’s a bust. He really is coming into his own and I contribute a lot of it on JDR calling him out. 

Many could have and soured and sulk but Jamin stepped up.  Besides the 4th down play he had a solid game covering Hines out of the backfield and Campbell out of the slot.  I was worried with Holcomb hurt but he helped with keeping Taylor in check and that was with Mayo only playing something like 40% of the snaps. 

Our line is playing really well and I realize 2 of the games were against Chicago and the Colts. The Packers got blown out by the Bills but Jones and Dillon played really well. We kept those 2 in check last week. 

Our defense will help us stay in games and help with keeping this winning streak alive. Need a huge game against the Vikes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Zim489 said:

It’s the most frustrating thing. This team is clearly going no where

It's proving it can win with a backup QB instead of totally collapsing.

Ill never forget the first time Peyton got hurt and missed rest of the season.  That Colts team was sooooooo fn bad they fired the HC and GM for allowing that team to be constructed like that and fall apart that badly jus because they lost their starting QB.

The more they look a QB away, the better I feel about what could happen if we actually get one.

Edited by Renegade7

23 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

but we went 3-and-out on both turnovers....

And I think they scored after we punted back to them.

yeah i was just saying the fumble was a bad omen for colts fans. like it could be a thing

Edited by dunfer
  • Like 1