Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Indy ~ Jim Irsay The People's Champ Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

1638968134_ScreenShot2022-10-30at7_15_40PM.thumb.png.beb0abb1113fde9d33d365ef2e549a12.png

3 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

Wish Terry had not waited so long this year to start making those catches.  What was he doing at the beginning of the year????

I was asking that question as well because he's paid to make those kind of catches he made tonight and make a difference and if you don't throw to him he won't get those chances. I was starting to wonder if Terry was being doubled all the time because there were long stretches where you didn't even hear his name. I see other star receivers make those kind of contested catches every week in this league. You're going to see one of the best in Justin Jefferson next week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

I like how Terry was walking in a bit which threw off his defender and then he made a dash for the end zone.

He is used to our QB being sacked by then too.

Love that Taylor looked his way and that instead of breaking back towards the QB which we hear WRs are supposed to do, broke towards the endzone.

I was NORVOUS he was going to get called for taunting. He took his helmet off was def jawing including what seemed like towards a widdle demoralized Colt DB. I guess the time out buys a little flexibility.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'll be satisfied if a Hiver can say that they think it is indeed a good idea for a QB to toss up an underthrown ball that had a huge chance of being intercepted when the team is down by 6 points, is on the opposing team's 35 yard line, it's 1st and 10, we have 40 seconds left on the clock, and 2 timeouts.

Is someone willing to say they think that's a very good idea?

I love Taylor but I agree with you.  It wasn't a "high percentage" play, but very common in today's NFL.  It's usually a PI or incompletion most of the time.

Taylor probably escaped 5-6 sacks today and that doesn't reflect well on the online.  The blitzes are coming soon.

One thing I'll say is at least Heinicke actively looks to get the ball to McLaurin. Wentz didn't seem to look his way often enough.

1 minute ago, Leonard Washington said:

I love Taylor but I agree with you.  It wasn't a "high percentage" play, but very common in today's NFL.  It's usually a PI or incompletion most of the time.

Taylor probably escaped 5-6 sacks today and that doesn't reflect well on the online.  The blitzes are coming soon.

Some of the best QBs ever have made a living throwing up 50/50 balls to stud WRs. See Matt Ryan to Julio Jones as probably the best example.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AJ* said:

I was asking that question as well because he's paid to make those kind of catches he made tonight and make a difference and if you don't throw to him he won't get those chances. I was starting to wonder if Terry was being doubled all the time because there were long stretches where you didn't even hear his name. I see other star receivers make those kind of contested catches every week in this league. You're going to see one of the best in Justin Jefferson next week.

No need to question. 

There is not a WR in the league that can throw themself the ball.  Terry wasn't getting targeted with CW and I would argue that Terry is part of a rare group of receivers that are literally on guardable.   TH4 gives Terry a chance to by giving him targets and a chance.   Regardless of how the rest of the season pans out or who our QB will be,  they need to keep targeting Terry.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yes, we won. Terry made an amazing play. I just think it's wild (but predictable) how the Hive somehow tries to make it seem like TH wasn't terrible for pretty much the entire game and didn't just get ultra lucky on that play.

But in all sincerity, we are what we are.  If I spend 3 hours watching a game, I’m happy with a win.  TH is very limited, but he’s all we have right now.  Wentz is worse.  McLaurin is amazing.

Not that it matters, but I attended a training camp, and the fans showed TH some loud love when he took the field.  I guess it’s an underdog thing.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Because its all ****ing meaningless because its the wrong thing to do. Get back to me in April when were drafting 12th and we have no QB with Ron Rivera and his trash staff picking the 3rd rung of QB prospects. All just to end up with 6 wins again. 

I want off this ride of meaningless wins that just hurt the team in the long run. 

I'm so sick of ppl thinking we need to tank to get a good qb when it's been proven that it doesn't always work. Look at the Chiefs and Bill's. Both teams had the 27th and 12 pick in the draft but found a way to select their franchise QB. So say we do end up with a top 5 pick, what next. Qb going to come here with so much to build around them. I rather win games and have a foundation. If we pick in the mid rounds trade up for someone you believe in.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Of course it looks like an ok idea in retrospect. But if Terry hadn't made a miraculous play and snatched away what would have been an INT it would be (correctly IMO) panned as an absolutely idiotic game ending decision. Because there was plenty of time on the clock, we had good field position, plenty of downs, and 2 timeouts left.

So it was a dumb pass by pretty much any standards other than hindsight. 

I thought Terry is leading the lead in contested catches and catches with less than 33% probability of completion. Pretty good standards to try when he was one-on-one. 

Did you see the rest of the field?  Everyone was covered in that trips-right formation they ran.   What did you want him to do - throw it out of bounds?  🤷‍♂️

:229:The Rook

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, dc1 said:

No need to question. 

There is not a WR in the league that can throw themself the ball.  Terry wasn't getting targeted with CW and I would argue that Terry is part of a rare group of receivers that are literally on guardable.   TH4 gives Terry a chance to by giving him targets and a chance.   Regardless of how the rest of the season pans out or who our QB will be,  they need to keep targeting Terry.

this. that's probably the biggest or second biggest issue i had with wentz. i love jahan's potential and curtis as a weapon, but you have to feed terry.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

One thing I'll say is at least Heinicke actively looks to get the ball to McLaurin. Wentz didn't seem to look his way often enough.

Some of the best QBs ever have made a living throwing up 50/50 balls to stud WRs. See Matt Ryan to Julio Jones as probably the best example.

When I hear 50/50 balls the first guy i think of is Randy Moss. You could throw any kind of junk up there and he would go up and get it lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, djpapeleta360 said:

I'm so sick of ppl thinking we need to tank to get a good qb when it's been proven that it doesn't always work. Look at the Chiefs and Bill's. Both teams had the 27th and 12 pick in the draft but found a way to select their franchise QB. So say we do end up with a top 5 pick, what next. Qb going to come here with so much to build around them. I rather win games and have a foundation. If we pick in the mid rounds trade up for someone you believe in.

I dont think this team is in any position to be giving up draft picks. This team is in dire need of rebuilding across the board. It needs an entire Oline. Needs a starting TE. Still doesnt have an X WR. LBs are still bad. Need an outside CB. A slot CB. A FS and depth every where. Theres about 5-6 guys Id be keeping if given the ability to do a true Rebuild. 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I agree.  Heinicke isn't a dummy in that regard, he knows Terry is the best and wants to get him the ball.  Wentz seemed to have little to no chemistry with him.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Taylor just now: I had nothing underneath and the OL was giving me some more time and I was scrambling and I saw Terry and threw it to him knowing he would get that.

Terry said I got loose from Gilmore during the scramble and Taylor saw me and give me a chance to catch a contested ball. 

Again not a PERFECT throw after all that scrambling but it got the job done. 

If Terry doesn’t make the miraculous catch and is intercepted, which with that throw in that spot is by far the greatest probability:

I had nothing underneath and the OL was giving me some more time and I was scrambling and I saw Terry and threw it to him knowing he would get that. but since my arm is the worst in the league I under threw him by 8 yards even though he was open and it got picked off.  Gee, I wish I had NFL talent, I would actually be a good QB.  But it isn’t, so I am what I am.  Sorry for the honesty. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If Terry doesn’t make the miraculous catch and is intercepted, which with that throw in that spot is by far the greatest probability:

I had nothing underneath and the OL was giving me some more time and I was scrambling and I saw Terry and threw it to him knowing he would get that. but since my arm is the worst in the league I under threw him by 8 yards even though he was open and it got picked off.  Gee, I wish I had NFL talent, I would actually be a good QB.  But it isn’t, so I am what I am.  Sorry for the honesty. 

I savor your bitter tears of defeat. May TH elicit many more in the weeks to come.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just for the record, I’m aware that most games are close in the NFL.  I generally subscribe to the ‘a win is a win’ theory.  I subscribe to this though, only for actual good teams that have bad days or have a bunch of guys out, that scrap their way to

a win.  

But it’s really disingenuous to pretend that these “gritty” wins like Chicago and today in Indy are anything more than getting a W for sucking less than the competition.  Just because the game ends with a win, doesn’t mean it’s winning football.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1