Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

16 hours ago, Hooper said:

Yep. They want Eric B to get a job, that much is clear. 

They are giving him big credit for the 2 TD's, and were from plays he but on the board Saturday night. And the do not score and run out the clock thing. Big Big plays. 

Edited by skinsfan66

13 hours ago, CTskin said:

The ravens offense has done nothing to impress under Roman, so I want no part of this one. Give me the guys who comes from an excellent offense in EB… I know there are rumors about him and that’s why he still hasn’t landed a head coaching gig, but I’ll gladly take that shot with this upside potential. 

They scored 531 points under him.  This franchise hasn’t done that in 40 years.  They also scored 468 points under him.  This team hasn’t done that in 30+ years.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

They scored 531 points under him.  This franchise hasn’t done that in 40 years.  They also scored 468 points under him.  This team hasn’t done that in 30+ years.

This has been said many times as has other things but they scored that many points under Andy Reid, how much is on Bienemy is the question of the decade.

If Andy Reid wanted to come here as our offensive coordinator (yes I know that's not happening) nobody would question it we'd just start making superbowl reservations. 

The recent article about Andy Reid hoping Bienemy gets a chance to run the show is just another red flag in my opinion.

If Andy Reid is has that much confidence in him why didn't he let him have total control of the offense in kc?

Actions speak much louder than words.

I would want to ask Greg Roman why he failed to give 70%+ of snaps to Rashad Bateman in almost every game he’s played as a pro despite being the type of talented young potential WR1 that people say Lamar Jackson doesn’t have. They run a lot of multiple TE sets of course, but that’s a guy who needs to be on the field—and Lamar’s splits this year before and after he got hurt drive that home even more. Marquise Brown is plenty talented and wanted out despite being buds with Lamar. I would just hate to waste our WRs in favor of going all-in on an exotic running game, if Howell is actually capable of developing into a good passer. If he‘s further behind in his development than we’d hope, then something like this could protect him. But I kind of want to throw him out of the nest and see if he can fly, if this might be a one year situation. The next regime needs to know if he’s for real, and averaging 22 passes per game with a ton of PA isn’t a great way to evaluate that even if we take a Wildcard. 

Edited by Conn

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

This has been said many times as has other things but they scored that many points under Andy Reid, how much is on Bienemy is the question of the decade.

If Andy Reid wanted to come here as our offensive coordinator (yes I know that's not happening) nobody would question it we'd just start making superbowl reservations. 

The recent article about Andy Reid hoping Bienemy gets a chance to run the show is just another red flag in my opinion.

If Andy Reid is has that much confidence in him why didn't he let him have total control of the offense in kc?

Actions speak much louder than words.

I was talking about Roman’s Ravens which, apparently, isn’t impressive.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

All while running the ball and using TE;s and a good OL and D. What did they Win with this approach? Balt. traded their best WR to Arizona before the season, did not need him I guess?  Mistake running that Offense here with the WR's we have, we also do not have a HOF kicker putting points on the board from 60+ yards.  

Edited by skinsfan66

8 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

All while running the ball and using TE;s and a good OL and D. What did they Win with this approach? Balt. traded their best WR to Arizona before the season, did not need him I guess?  Mistake running that Offense here with the WR's we have, we also do not have a HOF kicker putting points on the board from 60+ yards.  

What has his teams won when he’s an O-coordinator?  Only six double digit win seasons and a trip to the SB.  You know, things this organization is accustomed to.

19 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Has Roman been always a run based guy or he had to adjust because of Lamar? Lamar is a run first QB and not a true pocket passer and well to be honest not even a really good passer either. 

His stint in Buffalo before Josh Allen he had Robert Woods & Sammy Watkins at WR and had Tyrod Taylor at QB, and from pure stats alone all 3 players had their best season at their position under Roman… and when in SF he did have Colin Kapernick and regardless of where you stand with his antics he did have his best seasons under Roman at OC… I’m a Greg Roman fan and honestly I think Lamar handcuffs that offense being as you stated he’s a run first QB and his passing is by far not his strength … 

8 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

RG3 said Roman is a run heavy OC with a focus on getting TE's open underneath. That's why guys like Andrews feast in his offense. 

Also said he’s the best running game OC he’s ever seen but that’s a Blessing and a Curse and that this WR core would be hands down the best Roman has ever worked with 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Alexa said:

really don't care who the OC is going to be. this entire staff won't be here this time next year. 

Thats exactly where I am. Ultimately it doesnt matter. Its super weird to have a season look ahead when none of it will ultimately matter 

Seems to be beneficial that Reid and Rivera are close. Also Bieniemy would probably get complete control of the offense and he could also position himself to become the new HC if Rivera gets fired or retires after the season.

Will see but apparently Bieniemy sees us as a viable option despite all the uncertainty.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Alexa said:

really don't care who the OC is going to be. this entire staff won't be here this time next year. 

No - but hopefully Howell will and this is a crucial year in his development. What happens this year with and around Howell will define the next few years for this franchise.

This is far from a throw away year.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Seems to be beneficial that Reid and Rivera are close. Also Bieniemy would probably get complete control of the offense and he could also position himself to become the new HC if Rivera gets fired or retires after the season.

Will see but apparently Bieniemy sees us as a viable option despite all the uncertainty.

Only thing that would make this plan a fail would be if a new owner takes over in late March or April and fires everyone, including Bienemy. If Bienemy is here he positions himself to be the new HC here or somewhere else with success.

If he fails and he is gone next year the entire League chalks it up to "lol Commandos"

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Ravens just officially hired Monken

So if Bienemy wants to get out from under Reid’s shadow, this is his only real option from what I can tell. 

10 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I think there’s also a good chance he gets the Asst HC title 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Only thing that would make this plan a fail would be if a new owner takes over in late March or April and fires everyone, including Bienemy. If Bienemy is here he positions himself to be the new HC here or somewhere else with success.

If he fails and he is gone next year the entire League chalks it up to "lol Commandos"

I don't think a new owner would fire anyone that late into the offseason (it will probably take some more weeks until they sort things out). They will plan ahead for sure but probably ride the next season with the current staff and then hopefully bring in a GM to take over that role.