Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Tennessee at Washington ~ Nashville Hot vs Mambo Sauce

TK
Message added by TK,

111000314_ScreenShot2022-10-09at4_11_47PM.thumb.png.c13c592a247713930603891c847bcfdb.png

2 minutes ago, MrJL said:

second deflection in as many plays.  And I thnk without that we might have had PI.  the defender was holding Samuels hand

It was deflected because he threw it right at the defender. Was a horrid pass. And there is no holding or PI once the ball is tipped. Wentz is garbage. 

1 minute ago, dc1 said:

Horrible read/play call.

We had time and went to a seamline,   If you take that risk (4th down in mid field), you want space, a dump and some open field. damnit.     

We can't scheme easy completions to guys in space. Everything is in tight traffic because Turner doesn't know how to call/design plays.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

how much more do you need to see?  We consistently have no ability to pick up 3rd and short. Our playcalling has no rhythm or urgency ever. 

I generally think Scott Turner has done a good job and most of the people who are critical of him have the football intelligence of an ESPN980 radio show caller, which is to say,  none.

But I don’t like the play calls to run the ball o first down.

For whatever it’s worth, we were 6th in the NFL on 3rd down conversions coming into this game.  

1 minute ago, Veretta83 said:

Football is just tough to watch anymore.  This franchise has ruined my love for the game.  I feel like I’m a miserable old man watching this (even though I’m in my thirties).  

Try being an actual miserable old man. Its no fun. :)

• Haha 1

No innovation whatsoever with our play calling.  Hard to believe just a few short weeks ago we thought that this offense was good enough to compete for a playoff spot and carry the defense.  Sad thing is we have weapons even with this patched up Oline.  Would be interesting to see what someone like Andy Reid could do with this same offensive roster