Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The (New) Offensive Line Thread

method man

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We don't actually save that much by cutting him.

As per Overthecap we’d save between $7.7M and just over $10M depending on pre or post June 1. I’d be surprised if he is back absent a significant restructure - him being released is far more likely. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

If it’s a post 6/1 cut it’s >10M.  So it could be on the table.  But I do think a restructure with spending a 3rd/4th on a center would be a good path.

11 minutes ago, MartinC said:

As per Overthecap we’d save between $7.7M and just over $10M depending on pre or post June 1. I’d be surprised if he is back absent a significant restructure - him being released is far more likely. 

I thought it was 3.3 for some reason. 

I'd like to restructure and have him back though. He was a top 5 center, but I'd also aggressively draft the position.

Chase and Roullier are a very good tandom. When healthy

• Thumb up 1

I always thought. Roullier was overrated even the 2 previous years on pass blocking, jail break up the middle was common. Hope Paul is the man at LG. Center and RT seem to be top spots for upgrade. Leno, was he responsible to block the end/ LB against the Giants at the Goal line both games? or? The first game the announcer said they are not going to block, he spotted it right away, then boom right in the back of TH and you do it again the next Giants game and fumble TD. Maybe the reason Turner got canned.

11 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I thought it was 3.3 for some reason. 

I'd like to restructure and have him back though. He was a top 5 center, but I'd also aggressively draft the position.

Chase and Roullier are a very good tandom. When healthy

Meant Roullier and Larson.

On 1/12/2023 at 12:45 PM, Ball Security said:

Left to right: Geron Christian, Piersbacher, Nick Martin, Wes Martin, Saahdiq Charles.

Make it happen, Ron.

On 1/12/2023 at 2:23 PM, Warhead36 said:

With Stephon Heyer as the 6th Man

Don't forget Mark Wilson as a gift for Buges.  He is super smart.

It's amazing all the guys we have gotten our hopes up for who have had minimal impact.

• Like 1

Don't know where those Roullier numbers are coming from, but I think you guys are misreading the chart. We save $4.77M with a pre 6/1 release and $8.82M with a post 6/1 release. However, with a post 6/1 release, you have to remember we won't be able to spend that money until June, so it's really more for resigning players than it is for bringing in free agents.

• Thanks 1

We absolutely need new blood at LG and RT. I think Cosmi can be RG. C is a toss up, really gonna depend on Roullier's health but at the least we should draft a C in the mid rounds to have a young talent ready just in case(although Larsen isn't bad in that role either but he's also injury prone).

I'm not gonna bank on Paul just becoming a starter at G after just one game of experience. I'm okay with him being a primary backup though.

3 hours ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Don't know where those Roullier numbers are coming from, but I think you guys are misreading the chart. We save $4.77M with a pre 6/1 release and $8.82M with a post 6/1 release. However, with a post 6/1 release, you have to remember we won't be able to spend that money until June, so it's really more for resigning players than it is for bringing in free agents.

Hmm.  Where are you getting your numbers?  On Over the Cap, it now says 8.37 savings for post 6/1 cut. I swear the same source had 10.3 when I made my post last week. 🤷‍♂️

Can’t imagine C is an option in FA (except for returning Larsen and/or Schweitzer), so I’m assuming one of our first 3 picks goes that direction.  My bet is either the 2nd, or a smaller chance of trading back in the 1st.  If they both keep Roullier, and re-sign Larsen or Schweitzer to back him up, maybe we look to the middle rounds for a C.

Seems like a better chance we go after a RT in FA, though I tend to doubt we are able to land a capable starter there.  Maybe a guy to compete with Lucas is more doable/likely.  Still think tackle is our first pick though.

I do like that Cosmi offers some insurance as an emergency 4th string tackle.  Bringing back Schweitzer also bolsters the G/C depth - would be nice to have guys (like Paul, a rookie C) that can compete to push him down the roster a bit… ie not relying on him being the only real answer at both spots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Hmm.  Where are you getting your numbers?  On Over the Cap, it now says 8.37 savings for post 6/1 cut. I swear the same source had 10.3 when I made my post last week. 🤷‍♂️

It did. That’s what I saw on Overthecap last week as well.

• Thanks 1

There are a lot of teams that over spent on quarterback and had to under spend on the offensive line.  It seems like we spent more money on defensive line this year.

We really need to improve a lot next year so our quarterbacks have more than two seconds to throw.  One team in the playoffs this past weekend started two rookie

offensive linemen.

As soon as they can dump Wentz,, they need to invest heavily in that OL.  Get a quality Center if possible because none of the guys they have can stay healthy.  LT has been a problem since they traded Trent to SF and Leno has been up and down.  Draft guys or get quality FAs.  No more former Panthers

On 1/16/2023 at 9:47 AM, Ball Security said:

On 1/16/2023 at 11:27 AM, MartinC said:

It did. That’s what I saw on Overthecap last week as well.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-commanders/chase-roullier-21941/

Clearly, you're both insane. 

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

I am going to be REALLY generous and assume you said the above tounge in cheek. You did - right?

Another possibility is they adjusted their numbers after we both saw what we DID see. 

There was supposed to be a smile emoji at the end but for some reason when i click on the emoji tab a bunch of blue question mark boxes show up. I am genuinely concerned that being a mod here is breaking your spirit if you thought I was being serious. That being said, I propose a theory, that among infinite possibilities, one exists a world where you are both insane AND they adjusted their numbers. :) 

44 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Spotrac is the Kirk Cousins of salary cap information.

Spotrac and Overthecap are owned by the same company and use the same source data. 

4 hours ago, Kurd Cudins said:

There was supposed to be a smile emoji at the end but for some reason when i click on the emoji tab a bunch of blue question mark boxes show up. I am genuinely concerned that being a mod here is breaking your spirit if you thought I was being serious. That being said, I propose a theory, that among infinite possibilities, one exists a world where you are both insane AND they adjusted their numbers. :) 

Spotrac and Overthecap are owned by the same company and use the same source data. 

Having an ‘interesting’ day and I caught your post at the wrong point - sense of humour failure 🙂

• Like 2

On 1/13/2023 at 10:19 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Meant Roullier and Larson.

They are no better then what we finished this year with.  Do you really want them blocking for Howell? Roullier never was top 5 and never worth 12.4 million a year. Just like Scarleth another  they helped a lot of QB's end there career here average at best pass blockers. He would be my first cut right after Wentz, L.Thomas, C.Samuel.  A.Norwell.  I would pay the players who have earned it on the Defense first. You could save 45mil before june1 cuts. Will not take much or already on the team to Replace the dead weight of the team.  Fixing the OL needs to happen and that means change.

• Thumb down 1