Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The (New) Offensive Line Thread

method man

12 hours ago, skinny21 said:

IMO, if we keep Leno and have a competition, it’ll depend on which tackles we draft.  Do we have the 1st rounder compete with Leno on the left, or do they take the RT spot and we have the later pick (whenever that is) compete with Leno.  I think it’s probably a mistake to move on from him as we did with Moses.  Of course he’ll also cost more, so tricky decision.  As with Moses, I don’t mind paying the extra amount because it means more/better competition, 2) high end insurance in case one gets hurt, and 3) it’s likely just a one year thing (and we could always trade him).  With all that said, returning Lucas instead is a viable option. 

Can he be an upgrade at LG?  Probably, our play there has been quite bad.  Would I count on him to do well there?  I wouldn’t.  Not least because I want serious quality there… not just hope.

I don't think our high first is going to be used for a LT. 

I think we do what the Cowboys have done. They drafted a LT late in the first and have him at LG and he moves outside when he's injured and will probably take over LT this year. 

It's a crazy deep OT draft. We'll have a shot at MHj, Bowers or a nice trade down. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't think our high first is going to be used for a LT. 

I think we do what the Cowboys have done. They drafted a LT late in the first and have him at LG and he moves outside when he's injured and will probably take over LT this year. 

It's a crazy deep OT draft. We'll have a shot at MHj, Bowers or a nice trade down. 

I can see them seeking slight trade down as well. They'd probably be hoping for gaining another pick in a later round and one for next year while still hitting on a T in the 1st with this deep class.

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

I can see them seeking slight trade down as well. They'd probably be hoping for gaining another pick in a later round and one for next year while still hitting on a T in the 1st with this deep class.

I'm guessing we'll be at 6 and have a shot at MHj and Bowers, probably a top OT as well, but think we might trade back for a day two pick and another next year.