Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Washing Dallas (Is it Draft Time Yet?)

KDawg

4 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

No

TH in no form or fashion got the ball out quick last year. He had one of the longest time to throw in the NFL. Oline provided him with enough time to do the dishes and mow the lawn.

Thank you.  

The narrative that Heineke is so cerebral, gets the ball out fast or makes a play with his legs regularly is mythical. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The narrative that Heineke is so cerebral, gets the ball out fast or makes a play with his legs regularly is mythical. 

Heineke at least knows how to avoid pressure and/or step up in the pocket.   He can also make plays with his legs.  Wentz is a former shell of himself and can no longer do those things.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m certain you guys will get your wish so we can see this great display of QB acumen sooner or later.

I just wish he had an NFL arm....that's literally the only glaring thing missing in his game.  

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

I just cant get this thought. I think they have done ok at building out the middle of the roster but depth is great and they havent drafted single player in the top maybe 20 of their position. Curl Dotson and St Juise have been the only ones who I would consider at least decent (Chase not including). 

Lets run down the List:

Dotson: Will be a decent to pretty good number 2 non X playing WR

Mathis: F- in every single way

Robinson: Decent to good RB hopefully. Issues here are with roster building philosophies which arent included in this argument

Butler: Will see. Likely a Jag that sticks for a couple years because thats likely what his draft slot is. Probably decent value

Howell: Likely a failure given non first round QB hit rates since 2012.

Turner: Good ceiling. Healthy and not getting a jersey right now

Paul: 7th rounder 

Holmes: End of the depth chart depth

Jamin: Looking like a bust

Cosmi: Looked alright last year with some promise but injury issues came up. Looks bad this year

St Juste: Blossoming to hopefully become a decent to solid #2. 

Brown: Bust

Bates: Decent blocking only TE. Likely wont get a second contract

Forrest: We'll see. Didnt play last year. Flashed week 1. Silent since.

Cheesman: F- You traded up for a long snapper??!?! Inexcusable.

WBK: Rotational Depth Jag

Toney: See above

Milne: At least I have a reason to watch his hot sister on Tik Tok

Chase: I previously thought the Ron rivera era hinged on him becoming elite. The knee injury is very concerning. Great year one. Disappointing year 2.

Gibson: The staff didnt trust him enough so they spent ANOTHER 3rd on a RB. A nice Gadget player they dont use in gadget ways

Charles: Bust at T. Trying to salvage as guard. Looks terrible

AGG: Out of the league

Ismael: Not on team

Hudson: FA

Curl: Looks to be the best pick of the Ron tenure. A good player with outstanding value. A top 15 Strong Safety

JSW: Rotation Depth Jag.

Looking through the list I am changing my views. The drafts are just bad. Its insane to call them decent to good

For dude who spends a lot of time on the draft thread, I am surprised you have such a rookie take which is expecting MOST draft picks to hit.  As Kiper said if you pull 2-3 players out of a draft, its a good draft.   If you pull 3-4 its killer.   Go through EVERY teams draft and by your standards they will ALL disappoint you.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

I just cant get this thought. I think they have done ok at building out the middle of the roster but depth is great and they havent drafted single player in the top maybe 20 of their position. Curl Dotson and St Juise have been the only ones who I would consider at least decent (Chase not including). 

Lets run down the List:

Robinson: Decent to good RB hopefully. Issues here are with roster building philosophies which arent included in this argument

Butler: Will see. Likely a Jag that sticks for a couple years because thats likely what his draft slot is. Probably decent value

Cosmi: Looked alright last year with some promise but injury issues came up. Looks bad this year

Chase: I previously thought the Ron rivera era hinged on him becoming elite. The knee injury is very concerning. Great year one. Disappointing year 2.

Gibson: The staff didnt trust him enough so they spent ANOTHER 3rd on a RB. A nice Gadget player they dont use in gadget ways

Curl: Looks to be the best pick of the Ron tenure. A good player with outstanding value. A top 15 Strong Safety

Looking through the list I am changing my views. The drafts are just bad. Its insane to call them decent to good

Mathis is an F based on what?  I know you don't care for DTs.  But he got hurt.  Stuff happens.  It's an incomplete in every way not an F.  I guess Forrest is an F too since he got hurt in season 1, unforgiveabe. 

Howell -- likely a failure?   Just based on where he was drafted.  Silly take IMO especially after a good preseason from Howell.

Jamin looking like a bust apparently since he's playing much better than last season, leads the team in sacks, all the signs of the arrow pointing downward.  :ols:

Bates -- good TE.  Not getting a 2nd contract is just a nonsense hit just to take a hit on Ron.  One of the best blocking TEs in the league. 

7th rounders not killing it.  Unforgiveable!  Isn't the hit rate like 90% on 7th rounders?  😀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Heineke at least knows how to avoid pressure and/or step up in the pocket.   He can also make plays with his legs.  Wentz is a former shell of himself and can no longer do those things.  

This.

Heine ran for his life most of last year.

He avoided at least 50% of sacks with his running around like a headless chicken which sometimes paid off with big gains downfield.

24 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Goes to show how good these PFF grades are. Sweat didn't do ****. Two tackles and a couple of hurries? Jon Allen did way more. 

From what I saw, Sweat does regularly beat his man and generate solid pressure but never closes out on sacks, so I can see how he grades well on a play to play basis which is what PFF does but doesn't really impact or change the flow of games.

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

Lets run down the List:

I have to say I think you are overreacting. And that's hard to do around here.

Mathis is in no way a F. He got hurt. This is bias that you hated the pick. And I think you're wrong there, but even so... can't say a guy who got hurt is an F- in every single way.

Howell likely a failure: Based on what? 

Jamin: Improving every week. He's not looking like a bust. 

We agree completely on Curl at least.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, sebestian said:

I will say it again, you can not make a fair evaluation on Wentz playing behind this offensive line.  Im sorry, roast me all you want, but this o line play is criminal to say the least.  

On a positive note, @KDawg I really liked what I saw from Jamin today.  What did you think of his game.

The sad thing is if Taylor ever did get in this year, his groupies would complain we can't evaluate him properly because of the same oline issues.

Everyone expected some level of inconsistencies regarding Wentz, but he has almost no time to complete the plays that make up for his expected mess-ups (throws Taylor couldn't make if his job depended on it, and we know this because he lost his job)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

From what I saw, Sweat does regularly beat his man and generate solid pressure but never closes out on sacks, so I can see how he grades well on a play to play basis which is what PFF does but doesn't really impact or change the flow of games.

Sweat has (almost) made more plays than anyone on our defense. He drives me crazy just barely missing the QB or getting there a step late a couple times every game. He is the best almost playmaker we have.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Howell -- likely a failure?   Just based on where he was drafted.  Silly take IMO especially after a good preseason from Howell.

Yes. He shouldnt factor into our plans what so ever moving forward outside of taking 31% of the snaps this year. The odds of a 5th rounder with a hopeful new staff is so beyond astronomical its not even worth my key strokes right now explaining.

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jamin looking like a bust apparently since he's playing much better than last season, leads the team in sacks, all the signs of the arrow pointing downward.

Getting better but still looks bad. He's also not playing the position he was drafted for. Hence drafting failure

5 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Yes. He shouldnt factor into our plans what so ever moving forward outside of taking 31% of the snaps this year. The odds of a 5th rounder with a hopeful new staff is so beyond astronomical its not even worth my key strokes right now explaining.

Getting better but still looks bad. He's also not playing the position he was drafted for. Hence drafting failure

IMO you got an irrational-emotional take on some players-prospects colored by your distaste for Ron.  Ironically almost feels a lttile like how some describe Dan in the FO -- seat of the pants venting. 

If you want to say Ron is average fine I can accept that argument. I disagree with it but its absolute lunacy to say hes been a good drafter. Thats some beyond burgundy tinted glasses. Thats a burgundy tinted blindfold. If we were good at drafting we wouldnt be this god awful. 

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

If you want to say Ron is average fine I can accept that argument. I disagree with it but its absolute lunacy to say hes been a good drafter. Thats some beyond burgundy tinted glasses. Thats a burgundy tinted blindfold. If we were good at drafting we wouldnt be this god awful. 

The drafs have been on average good.  You take to me is closer to luancy.

Now if you want to criticize other things like how they handled FA, discarded their depth -- good chance Wentz, then you are cooking with fire.

If Ron does everything wrong ala how you describe, you clearly don't see him average, to you he's Zorn minus. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Sweat has (almost) made more plays than anyone on our defense. He drives me crazy just barely missing the QB or getting there a step late a couple times every game. He is the best almost playmaker we have.

"Almost", what silliness.

I hit on my Spanish teacher relentlessly in high school. Just because I did something about it did not mean I "almost" had relations with her. If you don't get home, you don't get home. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1